Jump to content
TodwickOwl

Chansiri at the gallows

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, A12owl said:

Hopefully Gibson will be investigated for fraudulent transactions regarding Rhodes.

If we used paypal to pay, faulty goods act. No quibbles money back gaurantee.

garymegson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, A12owl said:

From previous EFL workings (Fessi) you can be innocent but still be guilty .

Worryingly the EFL stand to lose all credibility if DC wins the case. 

They will look for anything to get back at us as they will not like losing.

Expect refs to be dishing out red cards for 3 of our players every match . SYG SYP will close the ground for some made up irrelevant reason.

Its us against the football world.

Hopefully Gibson will be investigated for fraudulent transactions regarding Rhodes.

Promotion on again.

Forestieri was charged by the FA not the EFL after a judge indicated he probably did it. But don't let that stand in your way of playing the victim card. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, stocksyuto said:

He wont win this even with evidence, just like fessi was never going to win over the efl. All we can hope for if we get points deduction is like Bolton and they be suspended

Fessi did win where it mattered - in court - the fact that the football authorities took matters into their own hands and handed out a punishment "in house" - did not over ride the court decision. This is is different. The EFL are acting as "Complainant", claiming their rules have been broken,  "Investigators, and if we pleaded guilty "Judge". If it goes to court the owness is on them to PROVE to an independant party (Judge  and/or jury) that we did wrong. High stakes, If we have the evidence they are in trouble, I can't believe DC is bluffing them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

Forestieri was charged by the FA not the EFL after a judge indicated he probably did it. But don't let that stand in your way of playing the victim card. 

I bow to your superior knowledge.

  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, prowl said:

The best way of getting rid of us is the Premiere League.lol

True innit.

Nah, we'd only be there for a season and then the EEL would get us back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m just glad to see we are fighting back. Been the doormat for far too long.....

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LittleG said:

Nah, we'd only be there for a season and then the EEL would get us back.

 

0C61940E-E644-439A-967A-2BF1E8D50DB8.jpeg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/12/2019 at 08:53, ZicoSterland2 said:

DC has always given his all for this club. The only problem with that is it has landed in trouble with FFP. Those who slate him should actually think how much of his own money he has sunk into the club. Whatever happens we will still be here and no EFL commitee can take that away from us.


who cares about how much money he’s spent - it was his choice/risk and his potential reward.

 

it doesn’t offset the rest of the absolute mess that we’re now in.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The gamble failed All our eggs were in one basket. The plan was to assemble a squad of experienced, battle hardened, championship players, with the short term aim of promotion within 3 years. Two play off appearances in the first two years under Carlos, probably convinced DC, that one final push was all that was needed. We failed.

Appointing Jos was a disaster, as was the signing of Rhodes, presumably the man to get us over the line. Both decisions were warmly applauded by most on here, I might add, and that by people who had probably watched a lot more football than the chairman. Signing all those championship experienced players was the real gamble. There was a certain logic to the plan, or there may have been, were it just to provide a backbone to the side. It wasn’t though, a huge squad was assembled, with experienced players in every position. An ageing squad, plenty of bodies, but not much by way of legs, and most importantly, very little resale value. It’s long been a gripe of mine, the duplicating of every position with a player, that had often seen better days. Post Wembley, we could have refreshed the squad with 3 or 4 strategic loans, younger players from the Premiership. Our use of the loan market was poor, seemingly always looking to bring in more experienced players, rather than energising  the squad with younger talent, something that had become a blueprint, for clubs gaining promotion from this league. I think Huddersfield, who overcame us en route to the top flight, had 6 young loanees in their squad. 

However, what’s done is done, and we now need to seek a different way, once we untangle ourselves from the ramifications of that failed policy. Whether by design, or just circumstance, we seem to be taking a different approach now, but it is going to take time. How we deal with what is thrown at us, will determine how long it will actually take.

Edited by gurujuan
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/12/2019 at 06:58, scilly owl said:

Is there a new regime at the EFL ? I’m afraid that I don’t follow their change in personnel very closely, but if there are new lunatics running the asylum then they would be on dodgy ground if they thought that they could simply alter pre agreed guidelines in a vindictive effort to shaft Wednesday.

New boss in September was Rick Parry...ex Liverpool CEO and lifelong fan. Now if you were a cynic like me?

If it looks like a duck...walks like a duck... quacks like a duck...etc.

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Hougoumont said:

New boss in September was Rick Parry...ex Liverpool CEO and lifelong fan. Now if you were a cynic like me?

If it looks like a duck...walks like a duck... quacks like a duck...etc.

Stupid beyond words. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/12/2019 at 21:58, A12owl said:

From previous EFL workings (Fessi) you can be innocent but still be guilty .

Worryingly the EFL stand to lose all credibility if DC wins the case. 

They will look for anything to get back at us as they will not like losing.

Expect refs to be dishing out red cards for 3 of our players every match . SYG SYP will close the ground for some made up irrelevant reason.

Its us against the football world.

Hopefully Gibson will be investigated for fraudulent transactions regarding Rhodes.

Promotion on again.

 

Penalties galore as a peace offering?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

 

Penalties galore as a peace offering?

2 in two games already. They must be feeling the guilt.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Stupid beyond words. 

 

OK Rick...sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Hougoumont said:

 

OK Rick...sorry.

Apology accepted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As Robert Mitcham said. They build my gallows high. 

The owner has built his own gallows but unlike most, he's also built in an escape route.when he drops through the trap door he wont be left hanging around. His private jet will be fuelled and waiting. It's been waiting since they say he arrived 

These types have their escape planned before they even arrive 

That's how they get Rich and that's how they get richer 

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think the EFL agreed to selling the club, NOT putting the cash from the sale in the previous years accounts. Don't think we have a leg to stand on. B/City got points deducted for going over the limit. We will get that and probably a bigger deduction for accounts entry. DC can do and say what he wants but he's got us into this mess. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Think the EFL agreed to selling the club, NOT putting the cash from the sale in the previous years accounts. Don't think we have a leg to stand on. B/City got points deducted for going over the limit. We will get that and probably a bigger deduction for accounts entry. DC can do and say what he wants but he's got us into this mess. 

You have no idea what the EFL agreed to 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe not 100% but I'm sure they didn't let them sell the ground to get out of FFP. Whatever happened we are going to be deducted points, just hope it's not relegation and point deduction. Nobody would sanction selling a ground worth about £15/20 million for £60 million and then have it cover for a previous years infringement.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Maybe not 100% but I'm sure they didn't let them sell the ground to get out of FFP. Whatever happened we are going to be deducted points, just hope it's not relegation and point deduction. Nobody would sanction selling a ground worth about £15/20 million for £60 million and then have it cover for a previous years infringement.

Again you have no idea what was agreed or wasn't agreed, you are just surmising that we are wrong and the EFL is right also do you have any insight or expertise into the valuing land and property to come up with 15/20 million 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...