Proud of the chairman

5 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Seriously, how can that not come into it. The point of when he sold it is called into question if the receiving company didnt exist. How can it not do?

You're questioning whether the holding company existed or not,the EFL have filed a misconduct charge as to the "how and when" hillsborough was sold.

4 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Do you smell of pork?

No. I just don’t want to see our club suffer because our owner is too naive, or too stubborn to admit when they’re wrong. 
I just fear that with that aggressive statement we are lining ourselves up for a hefty punishment that would derail any sense of progress we’ve made in the past few years. 

I love this club- I don’t have to justify that to anyone simply because I think our owner is setting us down a path that may cause more damage than any of us are anticipating. 

• Like 1

Just now, BARMYARMY2010 said:

You're questioning whether the holding company existed or not,the EFL have filed a misconduct charge as to the "how and when" hillsborough was sold.

Yes. Arguing you sold it something that didnt exist is hard case to argue. Is it not? If thats the case obviously. I would say that fits into the how category, would you agree?

1 minute ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

How do you sell something to a company that didn’t exist.
When did you actually sell it if the company it was sold to didn’t exist until after it was sold. 

It’s not difficult. 

1 minute ago, Veredisquo said:

No. I just don’t want to see our club suffer because our owner is too naive, or too stubborn to admit when they’re wrong. 
I just fear that with that aggressive statement we are lining ourselves up for a hefty punishment that would derail any sense of progress we’ve made in the past few years. 

I love this club- I don’t have to justify that to anyone simply because I think our owner is setting us down a path that may cause more damage than any of us are anticipating. 

So if EFL have cocked up you still want us to lie down and take what's coming to us?

If DC and his legal team are confident they can defend the allegations laid at the club then they have a duty to fight the case.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Yes. Arguing you sold it something that didnt exist is hard case to argue. Is it not? If thats the case obviously. I would say that fits into the how category, would you agree?

Think Chansiri / the Club are arguing that they have emails showing that the EFL approved them selling the ground in the way they did and was not outside the rules.
Sounds like to me either the EFL or the Club have made a bit of a balls up. I have not got a clue which side has.
But if lawyers are involved you can bet your life it will be dragged on as long as possible.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Veredisquo said:

How do you sell something to a company that didn’t exist.
When did you actually sell it if the company it was sold to didn’t exist until after it was sold. 

It’s not difficult. 

I must not be seeing something you and billy are,i'll just refer to what the efl  charge is and let you two get on with it

The charges relate to "how and when" it was sold and its inclusion in the 2018 accounts when it was sold a year later."

3 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

So if EFL have cocked up you still want us to lie down and take what's coming to us?

If DC and his legal team are confident they can defend the allegations laid at the club then they have a duty to fight the case.  

I sincerely hope that the latter is the case, for sure. I just don’t share the optimism a lot of people on here seem to have given the current situation. 

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

Think Chansiri / the Club are arguing that they have emails showing that the EFL approved them selling the ground in the way they did and was not outside the rules.
Sounds like to me either the EFL or the Club have made a bit of a balls up. I have not got a clue which side has.
But if lawyers are involved you can bet your life it will be dragged on as long as possible.

Couldnt agree more. The EFL approving the sale of the ground or us asking is a bit of a strange one for me. Its like me asking the neighbour if i can sell my car. What does he care. 

Questions around when the sale occurred and to whom is the arguing point from what i can see. These points should be solved in 5 mins. That cant be hard to prove either way.

Everything else is just a smoke screen in my view.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Veredisquo said:

I sincerely hope that the latter is the case, for sure. I just don’t share the optimism a lot of people on here seem to have given the current situation. 

You don't do optimism,not if the last hour or so is anything to go by,guilty,guilty,guilty,no ifs/buts/maybe's.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

Couldnt agree more. The EFL approving the sale of the ground or us asking is a bit of a strange one for me. Its like me asking the neighbour if i can sell my car. What does he care. 

Questions around when the sale occurred and to whom is the arguing point from what i can see. These points should be solved in 5 mins. That cant be hard to prove either way.

Yes I thought that too.

Cant be too difficult to check emails and see exactly what was said. 

1 minute ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

You don't do optimism,not if the last hour or so is anything to go by,guilty,guilty,guilty,no ifs/buts/maybe's.

I literally said that I don’t share the optimism shown by others so I’m not entirely sure what point you’re making. 

9 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Can understand the club asking, it was all over the media when Villa and Derby did it and was reported as been against the rules, so maybe the club have asked for the EFL’s position 

For all we know, the EFL could have been made fully aware of all the details prior to them happening 

Really is just a game of who’s got there facts right, If the statement from the club was a Chansiri rant I’d be inclined to be more concerned than I am , the fact it’s quite well written and obviously had input from a legal team makes me wonder 

5 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Can understand the club asking, it was all over the media when Villa and Derby did it and was reported as been against the rules, so maybe the club have asked for the EFL’s position 

For all we know, the EFL could have been made fully aware of all the details prior to them happening 

Really is just a game of who’s got there facts right, If the statement from the club was a Chansiri rant I’d be inclined to be more concerned than I am , the fact it’s quite well written and obviously had input from a legal team makes me wonder 

Clearing the sale of the ground to keep the EFL abreast of our plans, fine.

Im thinking what wasnt included in that conversation, is when it was being sold and to whom.

Again, theres a paper trail for this and could be closed off in 5 mins either way.