Proud of the chairman

7 minutes ago, billyblack said:

How do you know we are not guily?

The statement says it all for me !! Fighting talk and threats of a counter claims for me is not the sign of a guilty club , yes DC has made mistakes , the first one was not keeping SG , then choosing a failed foreigner and retaining him after Wembley to name a couple , but then again look at the dollar he’s put in , he tried to buy promotion and got so close , I’m hoping he comes out a winner and I’ll support him and our club whilst he’s pulling the strings , if he moves on then so do we !!!! WAWAW 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I’m sure it has. But also I’d argue there is a degree of stubbornness and an unwillingness to seek advice, which for me has led to mismanagement. He even admitted himself he never wanted to tackle FFP problem alone again.

The fact is I believe as chairman he shouldn’t be tackling FFP at all. He needed to surround himself with a team of good football people. Instead he decided to do it himself. 

Agree with you - he has been ill advised and also stubborn within this - but there have been some good signs of late that he is learning and willing to adapt. 

11 hours ago, ka58 said:

“Remained close to his heart“

He should have done a better job of looking after it then. 

what exactly makes you think it remains close to his heart?

Not sure about some peoples agenda - the facts are, the EFL rules only serve to keep the status quo safe, you cannot blame DC for giving it a good. Better to have tried and failed/learn and all that, than not to have tried at all. Since then he has done his upmost - in dialogue with the EFL - to navigate us through the FFP system. He has obv done this to the letter - hence the current club statement - yet still folks try to find fault in him. 

Anybody who says his heart is not in the right place, is not on this planet, it is clear to see. Don't mistake foolishness for somebody who doesn't care. I myself find it far more easy to forgive our chairman for his mistakes in this regard. 

Edited by AwokenGiant
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chansiri is king said:

The statement says it all for me !! Fighting talk and threats of a counter claims for me is not the sign of a guilty club , yes DC has made mistakes , the first one was not keeping SG , then choosing a failed foreigner and retaining him after Wembley to name a couple , but then again look at the dollar he’s put in , he tried to buy promotion and got so close , I’m hoping he comes out a winner and I’ll support him and our club whilst he’s pulling the strings , if he moves on then so do we !!!! WAWAW 

Then let's just hope and pray the "proof" that the statement mentions the club having, is our golden ticket, because if this case goes against us then be prepared for the club to get pelted.

6 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Then let's just hope and pray the "proof" that the statement mentions the club having, is our golden ticket, because if this case goes against us then be prepared for the club to get pelted.

Totally in agreement with you , are we all not innocent until proven guilty !!!! Apart from in the Fessi case that is 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Veredisquo said:

Brilliant. So not supporting a chairman who is playing hardball with our club’s future makes me a coward. I guess I should just support the ownership no matter what otherwise I’m not a proper fan. 
Should probably tell Coventry fans to get behind SISU and Chesterfield fans to comprehensively support Dave Allen otherwise they aren’t proper fans. 
Give me a break. 

If Chansiri did care about the welfare of this club a much as people on here seem to think then he wouldn’t have been so irresponsible with it. 
The EFL wouldn’t have charged him if they didn’t have grounds to and he’s taking us down with him. 

You ever thought to have or actually been wronged ?

Did ya lay down and take it like a whingey,whiney,coward ?

Or did ya get some b alls,stand up for ya self and think screw ya,i'm not gunna be besmirched just because.

Unconditional support........................gimme a break.

Having b alls to fight ya corner...........every god dam day.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

You ever thought to have or actually been wronged ?

Did ya lay down and take it like a whingey,whiney,coward ?

Or did ya get some b alls,stand up for ya self and think screw ya,i'm not gunna be besmirched just because.

Unconditional support........................gimme a break.

Having b alls to fight ya corner...........every god dam day.

As I see it, we’ve not been wronged- we are in the wrong.

A hyperbolic analogy is how it’s like Ted Bundy claiming not guilty and then proceeding to defend himself- it’ll just make things worse. 

10 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Take this happy clapping jibe and shove it where the sun don’t shine, honestly sick and tired of hearing it been used every time someone has a different opinion 

Its pathetic, I personally get sick and tired of rocking upto the graveyard that’s otherwise known as Hillsborough to hear our own ‘fans’ (and I use that term loosely) booing our own players and generally whinging about everything down to the brand of ketchup sold in the ground ,  but when anything’s said about this poisonous constant negativity all we get is we pay top dollar we can moan all we want

Pi55 off , genuinely doing my head in , this fanbase is falling apart at the seams 

Maybe don’t be so quick to chuck ‘agenda’ around then if you’re so keen to embrace differences in opinion.

9 minutes ago, Veredisquo said:

As I see it, we’ve not been wronged- we are in the wrong.

A hyperbolic analogy is how it’s like Ted Bundy claiming not guilty and then proceeding to defend himself- it’ll just make things worse. 

Ya see,there ya go again,there's no ifs/buts/maybe's with you is there,its guilty as charged,lets not bother with trying to defend ourselves,no,no,straight to the guilty verdict,take your medicine mr Chairman,because Veredisquo says so.

You're a coward fella.

Edited by BARMYARMY2010
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Ya see,there ya go again,there's no ifs/buts/maybe's with you is there,its guilty as charged,lets not bother with trying to defend ourselves,no,no,straight to the guilty verdict,take your medicine mr Chairman,because Veredisquo says so.

You're a coward fella.

The chairman claimed to sell Hillsborough to a company that didn’t exist at the time. Seems pretty clear cut to me. 

Chansiri can't win with our supporters

I know he's been nieve at times

But I'd sooner have him than the chairman that sold us down the river in order to further his own career

And the other chairman that loaned us money with extortionate rates of interest

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

1 minute ago, casbahowl said:

Just for clarity....... what are your other usernames on here?

Half expected this to happen. I don’t agree with our chairman’s style of running the club so I must be a pig. God forbid I have an opinion that goes against the arse kissing tone of this thread on a public forum. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

FFS,thats not what the whole saga is about is it,its when he sold it and for how much,christ alive,at least argue a relevant point.

Seriously, how can that not come into it. The point of when he sold it is called into question if the receiving company didnt exist. How can it not do?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Veredisquo said:

Half expected this to happen. I don’t agree with our chairman’s style of running the club so I must be a pig. God forbid I have an opinion that goes against the arse kissing tone of this thread on a public forum. 

Happens a lot im afraid. Dont even bother answering casbah anyway. The guys not worth bothering with.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Veredisquo said:

You sidestepped the question what you got to hide sonny?

Do you use other usernames on OwlsTalk?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1