Proud of the chairman

I hate that this is happening to us.

I love that the chairman isnt, it seems, going to bend over for the EFL.

He's made loads of mistakes in his time here, very well documented on this very forum but we should all stand behind him while he fights this corrupt body.

He wants what's best for us, undoubtedly.

EFL wants to justify their existence and shaft us as a warning to others. Toe the line even though the line is bent.

I'm behind him all the way.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I would rather the club just admitted to trying to circumvent FFP laws or whatever and take the limited punishment we would have received. I fear the EFL is going to quite rightly throw the book at us and I’m genuinely fearing the worst. 
I can’t understand the mentality of people being proud of a chairman who’s dishonest approach to running a football club may very well see us relegated to league one with a hefty transfer ban on top of it. Some of you make me embarrassed to be an owls fan as it seems like you’re so far up the chairman’s arse you’re forgetting that the club ALWAYS comes first. 

1 minute ago, Veredisquo said:

I would rather the club just admitted to trying to circumvent FFP laws or whatever and take the limited punishment we would have received. I fear the EFL is going to quite rightly throw the book at us and I’m genuinely fearing the worst. 
I can’t understand the mentality of people being proud of a chairman who’s dishonest approach to running a football club may very well see us relegated to league one with a hefty transfer ban on top of it. Some of you make me embarrassed to be an owls fan as it seems like you’re so far up the chairman’s arse you’re forgetting that the club ALWAYS comes first. 

And some just want to bash him. Like you it seems. Most clubs who've gone up to prem could be accused of dishonest tactics because that's the only way you can get a leg up with this unfair system. You state that, 'quite rightly we should have the book thrown at us'.

I'm equally amazed at your mentality. If you're a Wednesday fan.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

And some just want to bash him. Like you it seems. Most clubs who've gone up to prem could be accused of dishonest tactics because that's the only way you can get a leg up with this unfair system. You state that, 'quite rightly we should have the book thrown at us'.

I'm equally amazed at your mentality. If you're a Wednesday fan.

I’m a Wednesday fan- not a Chansiri fan. He’s got us in this position- not the EFL; and if the worst does happen and we get relegated WE will be the ones who suffer. 
I’m behind the team 100%- but this current ownership has been impossibly naive, and the aggressive statement put out by the club is further testament to that. I hope I’m wrong, but looking at it as it stands we, as fans, can look forward to another spell in league one whilst Chansiri fizzes off back to Thailand. He doesn’t care about us why should he have my backing?

Great that DC is coming out fighting. How many times over the years have clubs just bowed down to EFL hearings and taken fines punishments when they don't agree with them  all because unless you do the penalties are far more severe.

Does seem as if the EFL make it up as they go along. Problem for the EFL is they are being left behind and are trying to find a reason to be relevant in the post PL era.

Think they were expecting DC to roll over and take a good hiding on this, as others have said looks like being a defining moment for the EFL. If they don't win then the whole p and s falls down.

Would think they are regretting opening this can of worms.

So let's back DC at least he is standing up for the club so well done.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Veredisquo said:

you spineless,gutless coward.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Veredisquo said:

So we’re not guilty !!! But we take a fine, a point deduction say thank and roll over !! Your embarrassment at supporting our club is the EMBARRASSMENT here matey 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Veredisquo said:

How can they throw the book at us if we have played within the rules and have the proof to back it up?

You think DC should just roll over and have his belly tickled?

Can you prove he has been dishonest?

The whole FFP stinks and it encorages bad practice. Not dishonest practice but bad practice.

• Thanks 1

I'm of the opinion that we are gunna get hammered by the EFL. 20 plus points I'm thinking as a minimum. I'm glad DC has come out fighting and I hope he has the proof that the statement says. We are being lined up to be the example at the moment, anyone who says we should just bend over and take it can do one. We've bent the rules and used loopholes as far as anyone knows. It seems the EFL said we could do one thing, then changed their minds because Gibson got mardy. 

Fighting this with everything we have is the way I want to go. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

How can they throw the book at us if we have played within the rules and have the proof to back it up?

You think DC should just roll over and have his belly tickled?

Can you prove he has been dishonest?

The whole FFP stinks and it encorages bad practice. Not dishonest practice but bad practice.

That's a good and very relevant point. 

FFP is outdated and not fit for purpose, it forces clubs to waste time, resources and money to comply with arbitrary limits, which don't take into account rising inequality due to premier league failure payments and resultant player fee/wage inflation. All presided over by the incompetent EFL.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, striker said:

That's a good and very relevant point. 

FFP is outdated and not fit for purpose, it forces clubs to waste time, resources and money to comply with arbitrary limits, which don't take into account rising inequality due to premier league failure payments and resultant player fee/wage inflation. All presided over by the incompetent EFL.

Also the losses amount should be reviewed, in past three years the average wages and transfer fees have exploded in 2018 we weren't in the top 8 of wages costs in championship.  Only way it can work is to have a pounds and pence total wage cap in the league that applies accross the board.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ka58 said:

He’s been disastrous.

an aggressive statement about suing the league we play in for compensation Is a further risky ill thought out strategy - lose - get ready.

Would you recommend bending over and saying 'Go on then' when they threaten to shaft us.

The league might have a point about our overspending but we discussed with them how to put it right. If ( ok big IF) they agreed a solution with us which we then put into effect they might be on shakey ground to throw the book at us. To take acction against the club is one thing, to splash it all over the papers is another. This stuff should be done behind closed doors. Why blacken our name and DC's if we end up not guilty. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

you spineless,gutless coward.

Brilliant. So not supporting a chairman who is playing hardball with our club’s future makes me a coward. I guess I should just support the ownership no matter what otherwise I’m not a proper fan. 
Should probably tell Coventry fans to get behind SISU and Chesterfield fans to comprehensively support Dave Allen otherwise they aren’t proper fans. 
Give me a break. 

If Chansiri did care about the welfare of this club a much as people on here seem to think then he wouldn’t have been so irresponsible with it. 
The EFL wouldn’t have charged him if they didn’t have grounds to and he’s taking us down with him. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, prowl said:

Would you recommend bending over and saying 'Go on then' when they threaten to shaft us.

The league might have a point about our overspending but we discussed with them how to put it right. If ( ok big IF) they agreed a solution with us which we then put into effect they might be on shakey ground to throw the book at us. To take acction against the club is one thing, to splash it all over the papers is another. This stuff should be done behind closed doors. Why blacken our name and DC's if we end up not guilty. 

Perhaps DC could just tell everyone the date of the transaction the ground was sold