Proud of the chairman

3 minutes ago, Rogers said:

I don’t see how we can win, even if we do come out winners of this battle. A war against SWFC will have commenced 

It’s like calling your boss a cheeky monkey on Friday and expecting things to be back to normal on Monday 

That depends who your boss is though .....

1043207117_tenor(8).gif.a74f19dc700f868cecfcc420262a791b.gif

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

For me, I was always desperate to see DC get a fair crack and an if necessary an opportunity to learn on the job. Unfortunately what we've seen is the occasional hit and way too many misses. An absolute failure to learn and take good advice. All this against a backdrop of DC reiterating the importance of the need for the club to plan for the short, medium and long term. Unfortunately he just forgot the medium and long term ones and put it all on "Black"...... I would expect DC to vigorously fight the charges, he has little choice. I for one won't celebrate the fact that we've found ourselves in this diabolical position though. 

Edited by Morepork

1 hour ago, sweetsheri said:

It’s a strong statement which suggests DC and the lawyers are extremely confident 

What could go wrong...!

The laptop with all the emails gets left on a bus 

And is found by a kind old lady who mistakenly thinks it belongs to "another football club" and takes it back and hands it to a nice gentleman called Chris as he walks into the "other football" clubs main Entrance ........

WTF:

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

The laptop with all the emails gets left on a bus 

And is found by a kind old lady who mistakenly thinks it belongs to "another football club" and takes it back and hands it to a nice gentleman called Chris as he walks into the "other football" clubs main Entrance ........

WTF:

I always found his brother Gene more entertaining...and didn't have 30 thousand scrubbers up his bum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He’s been disastrous.

an aggressive statement about suing the league we play in for compensation Is a further risky ill thought out strategy - lose - get ready.

2 hours ago, nickswfc said:

Think being proud of him is a bit strange.

Personally, I think that putting us in a position where the likelihood is us receiving a substantial points deduction isn't something for us to be proud of him for.

Maybe that's just me.

Maybe that’s just you. 

The club statement suggests he hasn’t put us in that position - however,  some would still rather believe he has.  

Whilst DC has Without doubt made mistakes, it is clear the welfare of our club has always remained close to his heart. 

Edited by AwokenGiant
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

Maybe that’s just you. 

The club statement suggests he hasn’t put us in that position - however,  some would still rather believe he has.  

Whilst DC has Without doubt made mistakes, it is clear the welfare of our club has always remained close to his heart. 

I’m sure it has. But also I’d argue there is a degree of stubbornness and an unwillingness to seek advice, which for me has led to mismanagement. He even admitted himself he never wanted to tackle FFP problem alone again.

The fact is I believe as chairman he shouldn’t be tackling FFP at all. He needed to surround himself with a team of good football people. Instead he decided to do it himself. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon

I’m not sure I agree. It’s clear he has made a bit of a mess of things - which may have been a conscious gamble or poor advice, but either way all of this was avoidable. 

The statement to me is not considered. It’s reactive and emotive and gives up too much detail.

But, I can understand the frustration DC must be experiencing. Only he and his team really know the situation, we are all second guessing. 

I’ll be happy if he pulls this off, but I wouldn’t say proud. 

My advice is to put this to the back of our minds and concentrate on the games and picking up points. 

20 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

Maybe that’s just you. 

“Remained close to his heart“

He should have done a better job of looking after it then. 

what exactly makes you think it remains close to his heart?

2 hours ago, Mishowl said:

This x1000.

And still the clueless clap.

Take this happy clapping jibe and shove it where the sun don’t shine, honestly sick and tired of hearing it been used every time someone has a different opinion 

Its pathetic, I personally get sick and tired of rocking upto the graveyard that’s otherwise known as Hillsborough to hear our own ‘fans’ (and I use that term loosely) booing our own players and generally whinging about everything down to the brand of ketchup sold in the ground ,  but when anything’s said about this poisonous constant negativity all we get is we pay top dollar we can moan all we want

Pi55 off , genuinely doing my head in , this fanbase is falling apart at the seams 

I feel more worried about the position today than I have before. 

It is a strongly worded statement but not a particularly convincing one. It drifts towards incoherence. And a ittle bit of googling is enough to show that the concept of a legitimate expectation is hard to import into this context. It is a public law term. This is not public law. 

Even if applicable (if) it seems clear that the EFL wouldn't be bound if supposed assurances had been provided by people not authorised; or if the information available to the EFL when providing guidance was only partial, or subsequently changed. 

TL:DR version: don't get your hopes up. 

It may be that the club is aiming this more at opinion within the EFL and the game more widely than strictly at the process. Which makes sense but whether DC can build effective alliances, well, who knows. 

12 minutes ago, zico.b said:

Yet when the EFL decided to dish out the charge, we were expected to accept it and return to 'normal'?

No, sod 'em - The EFL have had this coming to them one way or another for years. It just happens to be our club who are making the stand and not rolling over.

Tie them up in legal bills DC and see who caves in first. Don't forget the EFL don't have an open cheque book.............

Edit - One other thing that will have brought DC's war cry is that he has been personally charged. As a Thai, to have his honour questioned will have been like a red rag to a bull.

Last bit is the big mistake made by EFL in my opinion, if it had been just against club there would probably have been some mediation a slap on wrist 6-9 point penalty etc, but the personal charge will not be taken lying down

34 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

I feel more worried about the position today than I have before. 

It is a strongly worded statement but not a particularly convincing one. It drifts towards incoherence. And a ittle bit of googling is enough to show that the concept of a legitimate expectation is hard to import into this context. It is a public law term. This is not public law. 

Even if applicable (if) it seems clear that the EFL wouldn't be bound if supposed assurances had been provided by people not authorised; or if the information available to the EFL when providing guidance was only partial, or subsequently changed. 

TL:DR version: don't get your hopes up. 

It may be that the club is aiming this more at opinion within the EFL and the game more widely than strictly at the process. Which makes sense but whether DC can build effective alliances, well, who knows. 

Sorry mate don't believe you are correct

Sports governing bodies are covered by public law! (In that they should follow same principle)

If you want proof look into the Jose Mourinho case with the FA when at man utd.  

there are other cases aswell, the reasoning is that sports governing bodies are in effect monopolies so if they abuse their power or do not act accordingly then they should adopt public law principles

https://www.sportresolutions.co.uk/news/view/a-legitimate-expectation-defence-to-sports-regulatory-action

Edited by wellbeaten-the-owl
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, zico.b said:

Yet when the EFL decided to dish out the charge, we were expected to accept it and return to 'normal'?

No, sod 'em - The EFL have had this coming to them one way or another for years. It just happens to be our club who are making the stand and not rolling over.

Tie them up in legal bills DC and see who caves in first. Don't forget the EFL don't have an open cheque book.............

Edit - One other thing that will have brought DC's war cry is that he has been personally charged. As a Thai, to have his honour questioned will have been like a red rag to a bull.

Who’s got more money to spend on legal bills DC or the EFL?