New club statement

2 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Chansiri will fight this tooth and nail but we will lose. Our only hope is to drag it on but go up this season. Anyone believe in miracles??

This is what I think he’s hoping for 

All eggs in one basket

We’re probably doomed

But lets hope not FFS

Never dull supporting Wednesday 

4 minutes ago, Musn't Grumble said:

If we win this, do we get extra points instead of getting points docked?

If we win this, they’ll probably just give FF another 6 game ban cos they’ll have face on. 

But seriously, if we win this we’re definitely due some compensation!

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Glad he isnt personally. We've hardly made good financial decisions. We should know the ultimate cost of this from the 90s which is why people of my generation have never seen us play in the Premiership. 

The most sensible comment in this thread.

Guest Willow Owl
4 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Listen, I’ve been reading your posts all day , I don’t know what your agenda is but you clearly have one 

Your more than aware the words insolvency can be interpreted many ways when there’s owners bankrolling football clubs, your just throwing it around in this thread to scaremonger and get people behind your hate for the owner , we get it you don’t like the man , at least put a vague attempt up at seeing both sides of the story and you know .... maybe even dare show a bit of support to the club eh 

This 100%. Don’t know how some have the front to call themselves fans, when all they do is criticise. Why not back the club for once !!!!

The irony with the EFL, is nicely summed up on their web page at present, in their open armed welcome to Wayne Rooney, saying he'll be an 'Asset' to the championship.

This is Wayne Rooney, who's base salary is reported to be £50k/week, albeit being reportedly subsidised by Red32 sponsorship, to 'soften' the blow to Derby's P&L.

This is Derby, who's owner has just sold Pride Park to, yes you've guessed it, himself for £80m to, guess what, avoid FFP/P&S breaches. 

Hypocrisy of the highest order.

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/december/sensational-rooney-will-be-an-asset-to-the-championship/

• Thanks 2

Gibson is a clown wanting automatic relegation, I honestly beleive D.C. will advocate not fulfilling remaining fixtures if we get the relegation and -21 scenario 

Lawyers will be the big winners as always is the case. Good on the Chairman for standing up for the club and himself. We shall see how deep his pockets are now and how good a case the EFL really do have? Without knowing the intricate details I get the feeling the EFL feel they can just roll over the top of clubs, but might have met their match here.

I think the majority can agree that DC has only every tried to do the right thing for the club - he may have been naive and often taken the wrong route but he only wants the best and he deserves our support.

BTW if we drag this through the courts for months and get promoted what happens then ?

Edited by OwlsAustralia

Guest Willow Owl
1 minute ago, Blue and white said:

Back what exactly.

I back my club, always have always will.

What I don't back is incompetent and irresponsible ownership.

What do call backing the club?

In your opinion he has been incompetent and irresponsible. In my opinion he has come in with the intentions of getting our club into the premier league and will do all he can to achieve this.

Mistakes are made by every chairman and P&S will affect majority of clubs in the next couple of years. Will that make those chairman incompetent and irresponsible?

All boils down to the EFL rules not being fit for purpose.

So it appears the battle lines are drawn.

We argue that the EFL were fully aware of and approved the sale of Hillsborough including the sale price?

The EFL suggest they've seen new evidence which now means they wouldn't have approved the sale? 

2 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

What do call backing the club?

In your opinion he has been incompetent and irresponsible. In my opinion he has come in with the intentions of getting our club into the premier league and will do all he can to achieve this.

Mistakes are made by every chairman and P&S will affect majority of clubs in the next couple of years. Will that make those chairman incompetent and irresponsible?

All boils down to the EFL rules not being fit for purpose.

We have had previous warnings that have been ignored and this has been coming for a while now.

You call it good intentions I call it sheer incompetence and irresponsible ownership.

The EFL will decide which it is but the very fact we are are in this position is inexcusable.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, SiJ said:

So it appears the battle lines are drawn.

We argue that the EFL were fully aware of and approved the sale of Hillsborough including the sale price?

The EFL suggest they've seen new evidence which now means they wouldn't have approved the sale? 

Indeed, its an interesting development and the club statement is quite unequivocal. It potentially opens the door for some form of mediation if for instance those involved at the EFL hadn't supplied all relevant information to their legal representatives, all speculation and conjecture of course.

Obviously, I'm pleased to see DC fighting and hope for a positive outcome but none of this should distract from the underlying reasons of why we are in this position. 

Edited by Morepork
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, OwlsAustralia said:

Lawyers will be the big winners as always is the case. Good on the Chairman for standing up for the club and himself. We shall see how deep his pockets are now and how good a case the EFL really do have? Without knowing the intricate details I get the feeling the EFL feel they can just roll over the top of clubs, but might have met their match here.

I think the majority can agree that DC has only every tried to do the right thing for the club - he may have been naive and often taken the wrong route but he only wants the best and he deserves our support.

BTW if we drag this through the courts for months and get promoted what happens then ?

I would imagine that we will use his dads companies legal team who will be on a salary to fight this so costs won't be a concern