New club statement

For me, I was always desperate to see DC get a fair crack and an if necessary an opportunity to learn on the job. Unfortunately what we've seen is the occasional hit and way too many misses. An absolute failure to learn and take good advice. All this against a backdrop of DC reiterating the importance of the need for the club to plan for the short, medium and long term. Unfortunately he just forgot the medium and long term ones and put it all on "Black"...... I would expect DC to vigorously fight the charges, he has little choice. I for one won't celebrate the fact that we've found ourselves in this diabolical position though. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, happy bunny said:

So where does this leave us regarding the January transfer window?

Presumably business as usual if the EFL wants to avoid exposing themselves to further ‘maladministration’ and ‘restrictions of trade’ grievances to the list of matters they will need to explain/attend to....

3 hours ago, rickygoo said:

The balance sheet liabilities exceed the assets. That's not chucking accusations around - that's a statement of fact.

If you were previously a bankruptcy  accountant or advisor you know your statement is disingenuous  Liabilities exceeding assets isn't necessarily a problem if investors are prepared to support a fundraising.

SW is not like a company with shareholders. This company effectively has one shareholder, Chansiri. If the value of the assets is low DC writes a cheque.

30 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

We’ve essentially served the EFL with court papers haven’t we ..   I don’t know where this ends if am honest ?   The EFL now have to make these charges stick or there completely fooked 

Could snowball into something huge this 

If it creates a level playing field and helps get rid of ridiculous parachute payments then that will be a positive to come out of this shitty mess.

22 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Nixon saying the charges are mainly as a result of other clubs pushing for them not souch the EFL looking to bring them.

Is as much club Vs club.  Joke is Gibson who is one of ring leaders had no qualms few years ago using a similar loophole in writing of tax losses to inflate profits when that was allowed.

One of those all gob and he will hold the coats when it all kicks off types using the EFL as a big stick to cover for his own failings?

6 minutes ago, Flat Owl said:

One of those all gob and he will hold the coats when it all kicks off types using the EFL as a big stick to cover for his own failings?

It’s a shame DC isn’t allowed to bankroll SWFC like that pob faced bell end did at Middlesbrough during the late 90’s

On 02/12/2019 at 22:05, torres said:

no one ever said this about him 

4 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Selling the ground isn't a good thing. Getting away with it without punishment would be a result though. 

Selling the ground is potentially a very good thing should DC one day choose to walk away, this allows the club to be sold at a more reasonable rate and the new owner to be able to purchase the ground at a later stage, we certainly won’t be in a Newcastle position where the price doesn’t reflect the value

2 minutes ago, Stoop said:

It’s a shame DC isn’t allowed to bankroll SWFC like that pob faced bell end did at Middlesbrough during the late 90’s

Glad he isnt personally. We've hardly made good financial decisions. We should know the ultimate cost of this from the 90s which is why people of my generation have never seen us play in the Premiership. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Glad he isnt personally. We've hardly made good financial decisions. We should know the ultimate cost of this from the 90s which is why people of my generation have never seen us play in the Premiership. 

I know

I was really just pointing out how hypercritical Gibson is

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Chansiri will fight this tooth and nail but we will lose. Our only hope is to drag it on but go up this season. Anyone believe in miracles??