New club statement

Imagine if we sold the stadium and then snaffled some compensation from the EFL.

If only. 

I wonder if we reached an agreement with the former EFL boss only for the new one to fail to realise. It does seem like weve just aired our case to the world though when we should be keeping our powder dry on the detail for the actual hearing 

35 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

DC clearly should just listen to you then and ignore these pesky lawyers and all their legal expertise!

pay anyone enough and they will tell you what you want to hear. Even serial killers get people to defend them (and before you start I’m not saying DC is a series killer)

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Can't believe people can't see through what has happened, looks like we communicated everything all along and were in dialogue with former head of EFL, then recently when new guy has taken over he wants to make an impact and has chosen to go after swfc.  

The Athletic publication says, 'An EFL spokesman said: “As a result of the disciplinary proceedings announced last month, it would clearly be inappropriate to provide specific comment on matters linked to our comprehensive investigation other than to reiterate that, following the review of a large number of documents provided by the club — some of those seen for the first time —  evidence came to light to justify multiple charges of misconduct.”

I suppose the key to this is what are the 'new' documents.

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, belfast owl lad said:

Could have at least closed the curtains,Who's this peleton bird by the way?

Village bicycle. 

11 minutes ago, billyblack said:

I dont think they give two hoots about that, more about inconsistent accounting.

The accounts were signed off by the auditiors who you'd like to think had requested and been satisfied with evidence of the single most material transaction in the accounts.

36 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Which would mean the accountants / auditors are either incompetent or have broken the law then? 

"and the inclusion of the profit on that sale in the Club’s 2017/18 accounts"

Seems like they have evidence that this was all rubber stamped...

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Imagine if we sold the stadium and then snaffled some compensation from the EFL.

If only. 

I wonder if we reached an agreement with the former EFL boss only for the new one to fail to realise. It does seem like weve just aired our case to the world though when we should be keeping our powder dry on the detail for the actual hearing 

You can't 'keep your powder dry' or ambush people in legal proceedings these days, all gotta be set v explicitly in written statements and evidence 

8 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Taken from the latest article on The Athletic.

P&S rules to allegedly protect clubs from financial disaster, yet these punishments would likely cause financial disaster. 

91346AAF-8428-4BBE-940A-D9392D356CE7.jpeg

Ive thought this for a while now.

Efl could put a club out of business by using rules designed to stop clubs going out of business.

Ffs