New club statement

Guest wilyfox
14 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

You don't release a statement like that just to keep the fans and staff happy.

This is serious fighting talk that's been drafted by a lawyer.

Not true. I could see DC through his office window riding peloton when he wrote that. 

5 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

So, to summarise; don't tell us we can do the stadium sale, agree to the stadium sale & then bring charges against us for the stadium sale.

What a set of incompetent bell ends the EFL are.

I dont think thats the issue here. The issue is when did we sell the stadium and in what year did we account for it. They could easily have agreed to sell the stadium, its not the EFL job to then decide where we declare it. If we sold it in June this year we cant account for it in 2017-2018 accounts. Not that i know of anyway.

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Imo all this will simply come down to us putting the sale in the wrong year and that is what we will be severely punished for. 

If that is the case HMRC wont be impressed either. Its a big 60 million error that IF thats the case.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, billyblack said:

I dont think thats the issue here. The issue is when did we sell the stadium and in what year did we account for it. They could easily have agreed to sell the stadium, its not the EFL job to then decide where we declare it. If we sold it in June this year we cant account for it in 2017-2018 accounts. Not that i know of anyway.

Which would mean the accountants / auditors are either incompetent or have broken the law then? 

1 minute ago, owls-swfc said:

Just out of interest, .. Just how much is the EFL 'organisation' worth? 

Don't they own Wembley and we're looking for a new training ground. Bit of a commute mind

23 minutes ago, billyblack said:

If that is the case HMRC wont be impressed either. Its a big 60 million error that IF thats the case.

HMRC will be gutted that we submitted accounts that showed a profit rather than a hefty loss.

Edited by andytrig
Mistype