New club statement

Whats the list of stuff our lawyers are working through? 

SAG,SYP, Sheffield council r.e our stadium sanctions. 

Mike Ashley and Newcastle Utd regarding the approach for Steve Bruce. 

The EFL regarding the punishment of Forestieri. 

The EFL regarding the sale of our stadium. 

Any more I've missed off? 

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

Whats the list of stuff our lawyers are working through? 

SAG,SYP, Sheffield council r.e our stadium sanctions. 

Mike Ashley and Newcastle Utd regarding the approach for Steve Bruce. 

The EFL regarding the punishment of Forestieri. 

The EFL regarding the sale of our stadium. 

Any more I've missed off? 

Good money if you can get it. 

Good to see  us standing up for ourselves if of course we've a solid and well defined  defence prepared. 

I was reading owlstalk when I got back from work, feet up, brew in hand and it suddenly occurred to me, maybe this is all STEVE BLOODY GIBSONS FAULT!!! 

The EFL needed a scapegoat to placate stevie's tantrums. 

Deby and reading seem pretty clued up on the FFP nonsense and pre prepared and planned well in advance. 

So obviously, we were the one that they decided would be the easy scapegoat. 

DC has proven a bit Frank spensor at times and as we know being rather nieve in the workings of football since he's been here. 

I know every one hates us from "a certain semi final incident" and we're the easy target, so we screw Wednesday and shut crybaby Steve up from whining at us. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

1 minute ago, Road Runner said:

I think the lawyer wrote that statement not Chansiri.

The lawyer will have gone through it with a fine tooth comb. 

To deny it is one thing but to counter act it and commence legal proceedings against the EFL is something else.

About time someone took this lot on they are an absolutely pointless waste of an organisation. 

Club produce accounts EFL accept and sign them off. Gibson throws toys out of his pram EFL think oh flip we'd better be seen to be doing something we'll put the frighteners on them. Chansiri says bring it on. The reaction of EFL yet to be seen but again could be oh flip.

21 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

The positive thing about all this is that it's going to drag on and either way the EFL won't dare give us a points deduction until it's sorted either way. 

Go out and get promoted then effectively have a slagging match with the big bully from the other side of the river where they can't touch us.

Didn’t the QPR case take over 2 years to come to a conclusion. During such a long period of time it would be difficult for the EFL to instigate sanctions without prejudicing their case. A word of caution though QPR’s extremely  wealthy owner pushed it all the way to appeal but still lost.

Think this will have to be fully examined in court because if the club statement is correct in every detail it sounds like entrapment by EFL. 

2 minutes ago, happy bunny said:

So where does this leave us regarding the January transfer window?

Same as before I imagine. We've done nothing wrong, unless proved otherwise at a yet to be arranged independent hearing, which I suspect we will appeal if necessary.

We should carry on with our business to make improvements to the squad as we think fit.

27 minutes ago, Offside_Owl said:

I think one of the major questions here will be:

If the EFL approved the sale of the stadium in summer 2018 (per The Athletic), why was it not sold until June 2019? With the companies that own the ground created in June 2019 on the date the delayed accounts were filled? 

I think that will need a good answer from DC. 

I think you are right

7 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I think the lawyer wrote that statement not Chansiri.

The lawyer will have gone through it with a fine tooth comb. 

To deny it is one thing but to counter act it and commence legal proceedings against the EFL is something else.

About time someone took this lot on they are an absolute pointless waste of an organisation. 

agree , we all or most of us can be very critical of some things chansiri has done which he is at fault for, ie transfers,players contracts ,what he charges for games . but of this clearly he has used proper lawyers and still is , its not something he has invented himself to clear us of ffp . 

33 minutes ago, Offside_Owl said:

I think one of the major questions here will be:

If the EFL approved the sale of the stadium in summer 2018 (per The Athletic), why was it not sold until June 2019? With the companies that own the ground created in June 2019 on the date the delayed accounts were filled? 

I think that will need a good answer from DC. 

And that imo is when DC will lose the case and the EFL will hammer us. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Haha 3

To me it sounds like someone at the EFL gave Wednesday the go ahead. Then a certain from a club got wind of it and has been moaning ever since. Therefore making EFL look into it further.

I personally think the EFL has opened a can of worms on themselves. There's no way Chansiri would take the risk he has done without the correct legal and accountancy advice.

The date of the stadium sale to the date it being registered on the land registry could be totally legit as these things can take time hence causing the delay in the accounts being published.

• Like 1