Jump to content
PriceAPP

New club statement

Recommended Posts

Wednesday should just publish the correspondence from the EFL that ratified the transaction. 

 

  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:


im not sure I have ever seen a post from you that isn’t a dig at other posters and fans. 
Each to their own I guess. 

Not sure about his other posts but he's bang on with this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, vulva said:

Wednesday should just publish the correspondence from the EFL that ratified the transaction. 

 

 

Can't publicise it if it's going to an independent panel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The positive thing about all this is that it's going to drag on and either way the EFL won't dare give us a points deduction until it's sorted either way. 

 

Go out and get promoted then effectively have a slagging match with the big bully from the other side of the river where they can't touch us.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

So Derby could find themselves in the same situation in a week or so? Perhaps we will both take the EFL on. 

Mel Morris months ago said he would rather take on the EFL than the HMRC over selling the stadium.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, casbahowl said:

But he is absolutely bang on the money!


disagree but I can do that and without insulting anyone.  
 

showing concern for a position we shouldn’t be in is far from meak, if we has fans had looked at this sensibly we could have had some say in stopping our chairman putting us in a position where we have to argue with the EFL

 

i get you love the club, I also get you are very quick to pull anyone or anything down that gives negative slants in the club, but sometimes you need to look without the Wednesday tinted specs.  We are where we are now and right or wrong our owner was never in a million years backing down. 
the simple fact is we shouldn’t be here, and truth be known if you can’t see the possibility of another monumental fizz up after the track record of the past few years then you are sticking your fingers in your ears shouting g lalalalala,ala,a,a,ala,a,lalalalala

 

i hope we haven't done anything wrong, not for his sake for our fans sake, but am I worried Ofc I flipping am.

 

most football fans however ( due to blind faith and loyalty would sleepwalk into a raging fire) but that’s life 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Totally expected this type of response from our Chairman. You can go on until the cows come home about how we’ve got ourselves into this mess but no one can deny that the club over the last couple of seasons have tried to work with the EFL over this and they’ve arguably turned around and said we’ll have you anyway? To which we’ve decided to rightly fight back. I think this will end up in showing up the EFL to be the joke outfit most of us believe they are?

Let’s hope so and we have got all bases covered, the timing of the clubs response suggests they were aware this was coming and have taken the appropriate steps to bat it straight back .

 I for one are totally behind our chairman and benefactor on this stance and hope he can kick there arses 

some of the comments regarding Mr C on this board have been disgusting.

  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nut said:

Not sure about his other posts but he's bang on with this.


as per my previous post I disagree and without insulting fellow fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, vulva said:

Wednesday should just publish the correspondence from the EFL that ratified the transaction. 

 

 

This. Would be amazing to see the EFLs reaction and defence of that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:


disagree but I can do that and without insulting anyone.  
 

showing concern for a position we shouldn’t be in is far from meak, if we has fans had looked at this sensibly we could have had some say in stopping our chairman putting us in a position where we have to argue with the EFL

 

i get you love the club, I also get you are very quick to pull anyone or anything down that gives negative slants in the club, but sometimes you need to look without the Wednesday tinted specs.  We are where we are now and right or wrong our owner was never in a million years backing down. 
the simple fact is we shouldn’t be here, and truth be known if you can’t see the possibility of another monumental fizz up after the track record of the past few years then you are sticking your fingers in your ears shouting g lalalalala,ala,a,a,ala,a,lalalalala

 

i hope we haven't done anything wrong, not for his sake for our fans sake, but am I worried Ofc I flipping am.

 

most football fans however ( due to blind faith and loyalty would sleepwalk into a raging fire) but that’s life 

 

Then fans would be slagging DC for not backing the club financially.

  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think one of the major questions here will be:

 

If the EFL approved the sale of the stadium in summer 2018 (per The Athletic), why was it not sold until June 2019? With the companies that own the ground created in June 2019 on the date the delayed accounts were filled? 

 

I think that will need a good answer from DC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

949319804_MicDrop.gif.2cbec01a3700d5f71c2a5cef8e1e7847.gif

 

 

This GIF seems very appropriate, but for all the wrong reasons

 

:duntmatter:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know that the Thai culture is about "face" so things have to be done properly and in a certain way. Also means that Chansiri wouldn't say things in the statement if they weren't true. 

People on here who have done business with businesses in that part of the world things are gone over with a fine-tooth comb especially legal matters so I'm guessing this won't be a quick solution and could run and run

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

It’s not “way over our means” though is it? Could we put this to bed once and for all - our owner isn’t broke, we’re not poor, we do have money and we’re not in the verge of going out of business. We have unknown millions available, the problem is we are not allowed to spend any of it without some creative accountancy, hence the “selling” of the major asset. The sale was our chairman pumping more of his money into the club despite some of the crap he gets from some in our fan base.

 

That's the most sensible comment to be posted amongst this eleven pages of drivel. Well done that man.

  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, darra said:

I know that the Thai culture is about "face" so things have to be done properly and in a certain way. Also means that Chansiri wouldn't say things in the statement if they weren't true. 

People on here who have done business with businesses in that part of the world things are gone over with a fine-tooth comb especially legal matters so I'm guessing this won't be a quick solution and could run and run

 

We’ll be up before it’s sorted....

 

 

0F3A66AA-5139-4158-9DF7-1AFBEB97D89C.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Offside_Owl said:

I think one of the major questions here will be:

 

If the EFL approved the sale of the stadium in summer 2018 (per The Athletic), why was it not sold until June 2019? With the companies that own the ground created in June 2019 on the date the delayed accounts were filled? 

 

I think that will need a good answer from DC. 

From my reading of the statement we have evidence that it was approved by the EFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

 

Can't publicise it if it's going to an independent panel

Can’t see the relevance of that tbf. They will see it anyway, and publishing it would only serve to illustrate our openness and transparency. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First of all, fair play to the club for standing up for themselves if what they say is factually correct. 

 

If on the other hand it is not factually correct, then they may have potentially exacerbated things. 

 

We all know how strange the EFL's own interpretation of the law is, see charges against Forestieri. Their way or the high way

Edited by Mystic Neg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...