PriceAPP

New club statement

1 hour ago, sw1867 said:

If he gets away with this, it doesn’t excuse him of being responsible for getting us in this mess in the first place.

Yep poo chairman !!! Supporting his manager 

So Derby could find themselves in the same situation in a week or so? Perhaps we will both take the EFL on. 

17 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Would it surprise anyone if we do indeed have permission to sell the ground etc but we never had permission to put it in The years accounts we did?

Not at all. Thats my thoughts at the minute. 

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

So Derby could find themselves in the same situation in a week or so? Perhaps we will both take the EFL on. 

After DC has finished with them , hope he goes after Gibson at shitboro that 2hat is no angel !!! Bound to be skeletons 

• Agree 1
  • Haha 2

A nice 50m compensation claim will do nicely. Go swivel you crusty old EFL dinosaurs.

• Agree 1

This is going to be a better fight than Joshua v Ruiz 2.

5 minutes ago, Flat Owl said:

At some stage the EFL were going to come up against someone who has the resources to fight back...bullying smaller clubs without a pot to pee in is one thing but awakening a dragon with smoking fish breath is different story....

We have all woken up next to a few of those in the past. :duntmatter:

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Glad the club have shown more balls in not rolling over than some of the meek on here over the past couple of days. 

im not sure I have ever seen a post from you that isn’t a dig at other posters and fans. 
Each to their own I guess. 

Edited by 2roland2
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, s6 owl said:

This is going to be a better fight than Joshua v Ruiz 2.

It'll probably be a points decision, or maybe a knockout (could go either way..... 

The other thing bubbling away in the background to all this is that a number of Championship clubs are really unhappy with the EFL over the last TV deal and have already sounded out people about a potential breakaway.

There will be plenty of clubs facing a similar issue over the next year or so who might just think, you know what, screw this lets go.  

This could be the straw that breaks the EFL's back!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, owls-swfc said:

It'll probably be a points decision, or maybe a knockout (could go either way..... 

Eddie Hearn is going to be all over it PPV prices are going to be extortionate. 

9 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Isnt their chairman involved with the EFL anyway?

1 hour ago, sw1867 said:

You are missing my point.

I hope there is no case to answer and I trust the statement in he has correspondence to prove we checked that the sale of the ground was within the rules.

My point is, we shouldn’t have been in that situation needing to sell our ground in the first place. 

We shouldn't but we are and rather than running from this, Chansiri has committed more of his money to us and is insistent he's done it in the right way. He's now come out fighting on behalf of the club and himself. We should be backing him, not automatically thinking he's in the wrong. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Yes, but posting that he has led us to insolvency is not entirely accurate and some would suggest is borderline scaremongering. 

Borderline?

• Agree 4

Totally expected this type of response from our Chairman. You can go on until the cows come home about how we’ve got ourselves into this mess but no one can deny that the club over the last couple of seasons have tried to work with the EFL over this and they’ve arguably turned around and said we’ll have you anyway? To which we’ve decided to rightly fight back. I think this will end up in showing up the EFL to be the joke outfit most of us believe they are?

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Yes, but posting that he has led us to insolvency is not entirely accurate and some would suggest is borderline scaremongering. 

He's just taking a look at theWelltodoPrestigiousConey-size_restricted.gif.8c410ef3c892dcba7522479153ed3daf.gif books as we speak.

3 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

It reminds me of White Hart lane when about 10 of us were running away and turned a corner and there were about 50 of our lot... everyone turned round and went the other way chasing them.. just needed the Benny hill music..

jeez... that just brought me a flashback.

we'd been to 'ull for a midweek, walked around a corner, and dropped on about 150+ 'ull fans all the way across the road 40 yard off coming our way, so we slipped down an alleyway and disappeared.

when we related the storey next day at work, the six fingered sister admirers from jokewell took the pith. 

so we're at oldham a couple of weeks later, two of us walking down the road (minding our own) when my mate says 'there's a bunch of oldham fans on the opposite side of the road'.

I said 'yeah I know keep an eye on 'em, i'm not gonna look it'll only look suspicious, give us the word if they start to come across'. a couple of seconds later he say's 'they've stopped.......they're coming across'.

so we turned to face them.

there was a dozen or more, and just 2 of us. I said 'you see that big c*** in the middle, get at him whatever we've to take to get there, they all can't hit us at once, and make him have the worst day of his ****ing life'.

so we set off to meet 'em, and they stopped, we carried on and they ran, I thought i'm not gonna start chasing these c***s in case they suddenly get better at maths.

so we watched them for a few seconds and carried on our way, we'd just turned the next corner when there's 250 at 30 yard coming our way, blue and white, owl motif, my heads goin' like a dalek trying to spot something one way or the other.

all I can say is thank the lord for those blue sweaters with the owls badge on that were popular in the early 80's..

I've often wondered IF the dozen oldham fans hadn't run off and we'd have had to erm 'defend ourselves' IF the arrival of 250 cavalry might have swung the balance (that's assuming it wasn't going our way to start with).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

im not sure I have ever seen a post from you that isn’t a dig at other posters and fans. 
Each to their own I guess. 

But he is absolutely bang on the money!

• Agree 2