Can’t Get Motivated

Things could be worse Corky. You could be a blunt. 

Having the best season since the invention of the wheel but rather than enjoying it, spending all your spare time wondering what your neighbours are up to.

Living on their message boards. Revelling in their problems rather than your own successes.

As bad as things might be. Might get.

As much as your guts might feel pulled out. 

As sad as you may feel. Remember. You could be even 'sadder'

4 hours ago, punkskaphil said:

If being in seventh place in the table in early December is having the season their lives, then I pity the pigs. I've witnessed my team finish the season as the third best team in the country, getting into Europe as a result. I've seen them win promotion and a top-level trophy in the same season, as well as reaching two cup finals together whilst battering our deadly rivals en-route via a Wembley semi-final. And that's not to mention overturning their nailed-on promotion, leading to them languishing for several years in the third tier. All that, and I'm not that old.

And I remember when we the second best team in the land (1960/61).  Lots to love over the years, and lots not to.  But we always remember those good times...

I have rarely been as relaxed as I am this season.  There isn’t really an end goal to this season. Most seasons we go in either to go up or stay up. This one is just a season and it’s a lovely feeling.

its like a final lap of honour for the nearly men who almost got us up. 
the world is moving so quickly, it’s a wonderful source of comfort to me to see us in our old lady of a stadium, with big Adthe bumbling around up front, FF getting injured before Christmas and Westwood slugging it out of play.

Change is coming, we all know that. This is the last lap of this era and I am enjoying each and every game of it .

3 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

They have made a decision, they have charged us. Presumably we haven't provided the necessary paperwork to them yet to determine what action, if any, will be taken.

As it stands, the ball is in our court

Hmmmmm. 

Does that mean we can throw the pot of cash at it in January and the kitchen too and pray for promotion before submitting them and saying screw you like other teams have recently?

Problem is I think this is how we ended up in the mess we're now in lol

4 hours ago, cain said:

Is it just me who is struggling to get motivated at the moment? Even when we win it only feels like it’s 3 points away from relegation. We’re going to get hammered by the EFL, the Chairman is about to face a misconduct charge which could see him banned from football and what will happen then is anyone’s guess and on top of that, the scum from the other side of the city are having the season of their lives. I just can’t see any positives at all for the future and it feels like my guts have been ripped out....Can anyone out there allay my fears please?

1 hour ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

Do things appear to be going against us? Yes.

Do we give up, feeling sorry for ourselves, it's not fair. Yes.

Only kidding, we've been crap before and if we are crap again so what. All of us on here and those that watch us want that one event to happen.

When the ball hits the back of the net, no matter what division, for that all important goal.

For those few seconds you and everyone around you forget about all life's troubles and for those moments, it's all worth it.

Add Iggy Pop's "Lust for Life" from the Trainspotting soundtrack to that post and you've nailed it! At least that song started spinning in the back of my head as I read it :D

5 hours ago, cain said:

Is it just me who is struggling to get motivated at the moment? Even when we win it only feels like it’s 3 points away from relegation. We’re going to get hammered by the EFL, the Chairman is about to face a misconduct charge which could see him banned from football and what will happen then is anyone’s guess and on top of that, the scum from the other side of the city are having the season of their lives. I just can’t see any positives at all for the future and it feels like my guts have been ripped out....Can anyone out there allay my fears please?

TBH I've struggled to get motivated since we employed David Pleat !lol

As for Dem Blades, I'm actually pleased for them, well done Chrissy Wilder (He's one of their own you know)lol

4 hours ago, billyblack said:

Absolutely.

We arent getting gassed in Syria.

Its Christmas, have a few pints with your mates, enjoy time with your family, go for a run, walk the dog, play some games. Its not worth it. 

Look at the good stuff around you and be thankful.

Family

stella

beres

garraways norks

the lists endless

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Hmmmmm. 

Does that mean we can throw the pot of cash at it in January and the kitchen too and pray for promotion before submitting them and saying screw you like other teams have recently?

Problem is I think this is how we ended up in the mess we're now in lol

Yes apart from the embargo in Jan

5 hours ago, cain said:

I'd advise you to move to the other end of the world but sadly there must be 5 pigs in NZ and I've found everyone.

You can't escape the wee wee take anywhere.

Let the EFL do their best, deduct points, relegation, they might knock us back but we'll come back even stronger. As long as we stick together and we will because we're the best supporters in the country, things will turn and we'll start to move forward again.UTO,FTB,WTID.

1 minute ago, gizowl said:

Let the EFL do their best, deduct points, relegation, they might knock us back but we'll come back even stronger. As long as we stick together and we will because we're the best supporters in the country, things will turn and we'll start to move forward again.UTO,FTB,WTID.

Sadly not with this joker running the show.

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

I have rarely been as relaxed as I am this season.  There isn’t really an end goal to this season. Most seasons we go in either to go up or stay up. This one is just a season and it’s a lovely feeling.

its like a final lap of honour for the nearly men who almost got us up. 
the world is moving so quickly, it’s a wonderful source of comfort to me to see us in our old lady of a stadium, with big Adthe bumbling around up front, FF getting injured before Christmas and Westwood slugging it out of play.

Change is coming, we all know that. This is the last lap of this era and I am enjoying each and every game of it .

This season being just a season is literally the opposite of what attracts me to football. The higher the stakes, the more adrenaline and interest I have. Even looking back on the relegation years is more fun than a mid table battle. Not at the time of course. 

Guest Bulgaria
6 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

You celebrate a goal 

Thank goodness we are not in the premiership then because you can't even do that now thanks to VAR.

6 hours ago, cain said:

Bless

6 hours ago, cain said:

That's what you need Cain, clear the custard.