Can’t Get Motivated

Is it just me who is struggling to get motivated at the moment? Even when we win it only feels like it’s 3 points away from relegation. We’re going to get hammered by the EFL, the Chairman is about to face a misconduct charge which could see him banned from football and what will happen then is anyone’s guess and on top of that, the scum from the other side of the city are having the season of their lives. I just can’t see any positives at all for the future and it feels like my guts have been ripped out....Can anyone out there allay my fears please?

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, cain said:

Is it just me who is struggling to get motivated at the moment? Even when we win it only feels like it’s 3 points away from relegation. We’re going to get hammered by the EFL, the Chairman is about to face a misconduct charge which could see him banned from football and what will happen then is anyone’s guess and on top of that, the scum from the other side of the city are having the season of their lives. I just can’t see any positives at all for the future and it feels like my guts have been ripped out....Can anyone out there allay my fears please?

Its just football at the end of the day.

• Like 2

I just want the EFL to make a decision quickly and not have this hanging over our heads for the next 3-6 months.

Why is it always so difficult with them they cannot even decide what to do with the abandoned game between Donny and Bolton 3 months ago. 

They are a complete Farce as a governing body

4 minutes ago, cain said:

No, either keep going and enjoy the match for what it is or walk away and come back once the club sails into calm seas.

Even with points deduction we won't get relegated. Focus on the important things, Wednesday and the football. One match at a time, take a win for what it's worth, another 3 points to move us up the table.

poo will happen in one form or another, that's the ugly financial side of football these days. But enjoy the club and the football, the simple things in the midst of shambles.

And ffs, forget about the Pigs... they're not going to win and sooner or late they'll be found out in the PL and drop to mid table. ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's hard not be completely disllusioned by it all 

You celebrate a goal and a win and then think it's all for f*cking nothing with the state of the club

Makes you wonder how the players even get up for it, it's gonna happen - we're not getting out of this one. Our season is over in December. 

Not quite sure what the OP means by "motivated" - it's not like any of us are being called on to do something. If levels of interest are meant, I suspect most fans are more interested either when things are going well or when there's a crisis such as an end season relegation fight. Which seems perfectly sensible. There are more important things than Sheffield Wednesday in our lives. 

If being in seventh place in the table in early December is having the season their lives, then I pity the pigs. I've witnessed my team finish the season as the third best team in the country, getting into Europe as a result. I've seen them win promotion and a top-level trophy in the same season, as well as reaching two cup finals together whilst battering our deadly rivals en-route via a Wembley semi-final. And that's not to mention overturning their nailed-on promotion, leading to them languishing for several years in the third tier. All that, and I'm not that old.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

Not quite sure what the OP means by "motivated" - it's not like any of us are being called on to do something. If levels of interest are meant, I suspect most fans are more interested either when things are going well or when there's a crisis such as an end season relegation fight. Which seems perfectly sensible. There are more important things than Sheffield Wednesday in our lives. 

Absolutely.

We arent getting gassed in Syria.

Its Christmas, have a few pints with your mates, enjoy time with your family, go for a run, walk the dog, play some games. Its not worth it. 

Look at the good stuff around you and be thankful.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

I just want the EFL to make a decision quickly and not have this hanging over our heads for the next 3-6 months.

Why is it always so difficult with them they cannot even decide what to do with the abandoned game between Donny and Bolton 3 months ago. 

They are a complete Farce as a governing body

They have made a decision, they have charged us. Presumably we haven't provided the necessary paperwork to them yet to determine what action, if any, will be taken.

As it stands, the ball is in our court.

1 hour ago, cain said:

Sheffield Samaritans

3.1 mi · Sheffield

Open ⋅ Closes 8PM

0114 276 7277

• Haha 4

44 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

We are having a few knocks and Sheff U are top dogs at the moment.

Yep but...they have won less than 1/3 of games...one more than 2 of the leagues bottom 3.

Not be long, they will be struggling very soon..or even if they win the league i don't give a shyte.

lol

1 hour ago, cain said:

U ok hun?

PM me Xx

• Haha 5