Guest addedtime

Chansiri charged - could be banned from football

1 hour ago, billyblack said:

Would prefer to be overseen by an Elf...

I'll let you have that one now we're in December, so chrimbo is allowed. 

Id have negged you if we were still in November lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Quite sensationalist based on limited information. Were these charges part of the original charge? Have the EFL changed tack in desperation, looking for individuals, as the clubs accounts were apparently ratified by them? 

We are going to by the looks of it get a big points deduction which we have no choice but to take that on the chin and move on. The fine we may get, well I see we have one big asset at the moment and that's iorfa if we can get a decent fee for him it could get us out of a bit of financial mess. I don't know what we still owe for Rhodes but I think come January we have no choice but to sell. Only problem is when clubs know your in trouble they try and get players on the cheap and I'm not sure our chairman has much choice this time but to sell. I just hope it all gets sorted soon as it's the players and the fans I feel sorry for.

3 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Then why make an example and charge only one of the 3?

That's discriminatory? 

1 minute ago, Minton said:

No, that's sensible financial planning and building case law. If they find they can make it stick with us, they will go after the other 2. If it's dismissed then they will have a bill from us for legal fees. Better just 1 huge bill rather than 3 huge bills

Also, ya know, the others don't have non-trading companies as their sponsors and questionable dates as to when their ground sales occured. If they've got only one case they can hypothetically win, it's ours.

4 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Then why make an example and charge only one of the 3?

That's discriminatory? 

Its not the stadium sale, although I'm sure they'd argue its not in the spirit of the rules. It's the fact that we appear to have sold our stadium and backdated the transaction, the others have not.

1 minute ago, Morepork said:

Its not the stadium sale, although I'm sure they'd argue its not in the spirit of the rules. It's the fact that we appear to have sold our stadium and backdated the transaction, the others have not.

Exactly 

3 minutes ago, Morepork said:

It’s absolutely amazing the amount of people that can’t manage to understand this

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

All these people hoping for new owners :laugh:

Chansiri won't sell a reserve on 30/40k a week let alone the whole football club!! 

He'd want a chunk of profit without doubt. 

Also the person saying if Charlton are attractive then so should we be too. Little matter of a missing London postcode there (or a Manchester one). 

We're stuck on this merry go round for a while I think :sad:

Chansiri pays his bills. Exploited a loophole but might have made a bit of a hash of the chronology? I don’t know.

it all seems a bit like the EFL are ready to take out their frustrations on someone after other clubs have complained and we may have given them an avenue to do so whereas others might not. I was under the impression we had an eye on FFP so it’s dissapointing.

But ironically the EFL are more of a threat to the future of our club than the owner propping up a loss making industry. They are a joke with their admin style punishments.

Edited by Bluesteel

6 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Also, ya know, the others don't have non-trading companies as their sponsors and questionable dates as to when their ground sales occured. If they've got only one case they can hypothetically win, it's ours.

No, Reading have a large number of questionable loans converting debt to equity from their owners and Derby somehow managed to value their stadium at £80m... 

Definitely be going after them both once they've dealt with us

• Thanks 1

2 ways to go when MM sold us - the Portsmouth way or the Leicester way - looks like we lost 

4 minutes ago, Owly Mowly said:

2 ways to go when MM sold us - the Portsmouth way or the Leicester way - looks like we lost 

We went the Leicester way and it’s still game on for now.

All this because we signed Jordan Rhodes, Joost van Aken and Almen Abdi and refused to sell any players.

Chansiri could write a book on how not to run a football club

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If the interest of the EFL is just in the timing of the land sale for inclusion the stat accounts then why charge the other two directors both of whom had resigned long before the accounts were signed? One of the other individuals wasn't even a director when the previous set of accounts were signed, so it has to be more than that.The point of charging them all must mean that they are probably investigating the whole sequence of forecasts, statements, delayed filings and finally the stat accounts that went to make up the 17/18 FFP submission.

Would be bad enough getting points deduction along with the fine but think the worse thing is that the club is now in limbo waiting for the decision.

I'm so out on this poo.

Club being docked points and chairman being banned for not sticking within arbitrary rules on losses and so being 'unsustainable'.

Meanwhile nothing done about Bury or Bolton or Macclesfield who manage to go bust or right to the wall, all within the rules and with FL-approved owners.

The most we can aim for is scraping a season or two in the Prem where we'll have to wait 10 minutes to celebrate any goal in case it's ruled that our guy's nostril was closer to the goal than theirs.

Going to watch netball or something.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, nilsson said:

All this because we signed Jordan Rhodes, Joost van Aken and Almen Abdi and refused to sell any players.

Chansiri could write a book on how not to run a football club

It would cost £450.00 and wouldn't be in stock for Christmas 

• Haha 8

9 hours ago, A12owl said:

And we worried about the Azerbaijani bloke.

Should we really have trusted MM ?

He got his money, said thank you and walked away not caring. 

Answer to that is no.

21 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

We went the Leicester way and it’s still game on for now.

32FC1917-0CDA-4218-9F98-078AEC497B2D.jpeg