addedtime

Chansiri charged - could be banned from football

5 minutes ago, trumbullowl said:

DC doesn't seem to have done anything in secret.

What I still don't get is that in December 2018 at the fans forum he was talking about huge potential P&S issues that needed a solution yet the accounts suggest that solution had already been found and was done and dusted. Why such a drama?

I've been very wary of Chansiri since his initial price hikes but surely even his biggest fan can look at the accounts and deduce he has fizzed up royally - regardless of his intent and regardless of the lack of a level playing field. 

• Agree 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

All the piece says is he and a couple of others are charged. Given it's the owner who makes all the decisions it's not really surprising I suppose. Giving credence to the Telegraph piece isn't being anti-Chansiri - it's just not believing stupid conspiracy theories that the football world is out to get us.  

What matters is what the EFL inquiry decides.  It's still only a charge not a verdict so who knows what's going to happen. He might have played the game perfectly.  Fingers crossed.

If he is found guilty then it depends what the sentence is. Might just be a blip. Cellino was banned from running Leeds for a few months after he got done for tax evasion. It didn't stop him from taking control again when his ban ended. The board ran it in his absence I suppose - the board being made up of his sons I think. According to our accounts Chansiri is the only director.  It might need new directors in the short term.

Having said that Cellino's tax evasion sentence expired fairly quickly so his was a short ban. If we get done for a deliberate flouting of EFL rules that could be a much lengthier ban. If that risks forcing him out it would potentially give Wednesday insolvency issues given we need Chansiri's backing to operate as a going concern. The ground sale has also muddied the waters in that we owe him a lot of money in terms of loans he's put in - £77m but his company owes us £60m for Hillsborough.  And we don't own our own ground. A big points deduction and then relegation could be catastrophic given the parlous state of our finances. If we get found guilty the EFL are going to have play a canny game if they don't want a huge casualty on their hands. 

Smells to me like the EFL are either paying lip service to the complaints made by Middlesborough knowing that the case will fall down in court so they can put Gibson's protests to bed legally, or they are using us a test case for when they try and do the same to Derby and Reading, who both have done similar to us but with more money.

3 hours ago, SiJ said:

Could he still own the club but not have any active role in the club? 

Probably, I think we're already seeing him placing some distance between himself and the club. Profile much lower, at least it seems so.

48 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Here they all come.....

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a7c30a2fa04699b6735

or these......lol

b06ffcea443fbaf030f343b8645874a4.gif

Maybe a saviour is on his way

giphy.gif

Edited by rickygoo
  • Haha 2

Really not surprised this has happened , from day one it was bleeding obvious the guy didn’t know what he’s doing . Even the most deluded of fans must have seen this coming. 

having said that , we will be here long after chansiri and long after the bafoons at elf have finished with us . No point in worrying and getting into a frenzy 

• Agree 1

Gids will get to the bottom of this 

TekOverGids.jpg.4d5a8a730a21908698443fc040ce0afa.jpg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, rickygoo said:

What I still don't get is that in December 2018 at the fans forum he was talking about huge potential P&S issues that needed a solution yet the accounts suggest that solution had already been found and was done and dusted. Why such a drama?

I've been very wary of Chansiri since his initial price hikes but surely even his biggest fan can look at the accounts and deduce he has fizzed up royally - regardless of his intent and regardless of the lack of a level playing field. 

I think at that point he hadn't found a solution.

Chansiri had no conviction in the idea behind the ground sale. He waited for Reading/Derby to make the first move and then followed suit. Unfortunately as a result the land registry dates and the tax submission dates didn't match. I believe this is the main issue. Even though everyone knows the ground is sold to escape FFP sanctions if the dates match there's nothing really the EFL can do (it's a loophole within the system). Given Chansiri's lack of conviction they now have grounds (pun intended) to sanction us

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

There'll be loads of articles written, talking about what could happen. I don't know how much is in this, or what the author knows, but I'm just going to try to not get into a tizz wizz and wait until something is officially announced.

What a mess though. Hopefully if things turn out okay, and nothing too extreme happens, Chansiri will learn from past mistakes and eventually the EFL will look at all these rules and have a complete overhaul of everything.

Edited by Creamy Goodness
  • Like 1

Rehash of the existing issue isn’t it! With an additional penalty included

5 hours ago, Hitcat said:

It's all sausages, beans and chips.

It's looking like its only going to be beans and chips lol

2 hours ago, camffiti said:

Gids will get to the bottom of this 

TekOverGids.jpg.4d5a8a730a21908698443fc040ce0afa.jpg

That tw@t will dance on our grave!

• Agree 1

Two words:

Daily. Telegraph.

• Disagree 1

Could still do with a new striker in January though.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, hugeowl said:

Well the article says that 

Chansiri Miere and Redgate are being charged 

who knows what that actually means regarding the club

we have supposedly been working with the EFL to avoid further sanctions and selling grounds have a set precedent with other clubs doing the same so we will have to wait and see what the actual charges are 

The charges for the club are a 15 point deduction and a 3.2 million fine which is going to tribunal. We are blaming auditors for it. Source is one of those auditors. 

4 hours ago, Morepork said:

or these......lol

b06ffcea443fbaf030f343b8645874a4.gif

or these...

tumblr_pm859mYqav1rodcky_540.gif

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, flo said:

The charges for the club are a 15 point deduction and a 3.2 million fine which is going to tribunal. We are blaming auditors for it. Source is one of those auditors. 

So the auditors currently locked in a legal battle are leaking confidential information to the general public? I'm skeptical to say the least...

• Agree 2
  • Confused 1