Guest addedtime

Chansiri charged - could be banned from football

2 hours ago, kilnhurstowl said:

And there lies the problem. Prem =loads of money =high wages =high transfers 

Efl football clubs then have to pay more for sub standard players which in turn means more wages so to compete they have to spend. There is no two ways about it. They have  to but the clubs don't generate the income needed as brands who will pay big wont be associated with efl clubs. So therefore they have to rely on Frank the butchers type sponsors. No money gets brought in club folds. Such a rubbish situation. 

Exactly this, they also haven't increased the amount a club can spend even though the cost of players has spiralled, the whole thing is a nonsense and will be another factor in ruining the game.

2 hours ago, kobayashi said:

It is a crisis of their own making. So what consequence for postponing a fixture would it be that protects the integrity of the competition and the reasonable interests of the other teams if you rule out a fine or points punishment? When they are finally ready to play again after 3 months of waiting for a takeover and 12 games in hand do they have to play without a goalie until they catch-up.

A consequence had to be consequential otherwise it’s just a nonsense.

Fair points to be honest, it’s an interesting debate , I still don’t see where it all ends personally 

I see a lot of lower league clubs folding in the next few years, eventually we’re gonna run out of interested people to bankroll clubs 

5 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Fair points to be honest, it’s an interesting debate , I still don’t see where it all ends personally 

I see a lot of lower league clubs folding in the next few years, eventually we’re gonna run out of interested people to bankroll clubs 

History would suggest that there is always another guy ready to give it a shot...but if there were less people willing or able to bankroll football clubs to the obscene levels it has become and the clubs were forced as businesses to operate properly then I'm not sure that would be unhealthy. Whatever the intentions of the individual, the fact that SWFC a business with turnover of £25m was managed/bank rolled to a loss of £35m is frankly ridiculous...

It's wrong and not sustainable.

No amount of loyalty to the club can defend it.

We should not have to fiddle about with the accounts, sponsor ourselves, sell to ourselves, and invent companies.

Just because the EFL is hopeless, doesn't mean we should be.

Brentford have proved that.

20 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

We should not have to fiddle about with the accounts, sponsor ourselves, sell to ourselves, and invent companies.

Still in the Championship so their way of doings things is no more successful than ours.

35 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Yet despite them doing things better than us since Chansiri came in, they finished below us twice, above once and level last season.... and this year they will be 2 points behind this time tomorrow.

Much rather be us than them.

My big worry is that even if we manage to put a winning case together to get away with these charges, the EFL aren't going to take kindly to that and will clobber us to the max anyway when we inevitably break the 3 year FFP limit next summer. If we get away with a points deduction this season surely we're merely delaying it until next.

The ground sale gave us a small profit of around £2.6m (iirc) for 17/18 without which we'd have lost around £35.5m. We lost £20.8m the year before that which means that to avoid breaking the permitted £39m loss over 3 years we aren't allowed to lose more than £21m in 18/19. But I just can't see how we could have slashed that £35.5m deficit by £14.5m last year given that the majority if it was extortionate wages that we were still paying in 18/19. I can only remember selling Hunt for under £2m, loaning Rhodes out, and getting Loovens and Wallace off the books. And we brought in Iorfa (small fee paid for by the FA Cup income), and loaned Hector and the Newcastle lads plus recruited Bruce who we'll have paid several months of his £2m wages to towards the end of the year.  The compo for him won't be in that year's accounts either. 

The next (current) year's accounts will be a lot rosier having got Hooper, Abdi, Jones, Matias and Boyd off the books, plus the Bruce compo and the sale of Joao, but barring an unlikely promotion this season we're still staring down the barrel in the summer. 

2 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Yet despite them doing things better than us since Chansiri came in, they finished below us twice, above once and level last season.... and this year they will be 2 points behind this time tomorrow.

Much rather be us than them.

Really  ?

Trsnsfer embargo after transfer embargo ?

Chairman up before the EFL again ?

Threats of bans, point reductions etc. ?

No plan to meet the rules next accounting period.

Wake up and smell the coffee. If we don't change our approach, we aren't complying with the rules anytime soon.

Struggling to understand why anyone thinks it's ok to go on like this.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, alanharper said:

My big worry is that even if we manage to put a winning case together to get away with these charges, the EFL aren't going to take kindly to that and will clobber us to the max anyway when we inevitably break the 3 year FFP limit next summer. If we get away with a points deduction this season surely we're merely delaying it until next.

The ground sale gave us a small profit of around £2.6m (iirc) for 17/18 without which we'd have lost around £35.5m. We lost £20.8m the year before that which means that to avoid breaking the permitted £39m loss over 3 years we aren't allowed to lose more than £21m in 18/19. But I just can't see how we could have slashed that £35.5m deficit by £14.5m last year given that the majority if it was extortionate wages that we were still paying in 18/19. I can only remember selling Hunt for under £2m, loaning Rhodes out, and getting Loovens and Wallace off the books. And we brought in Iorfa (small fee paid for by the FA Cup income), and loaned Hector and the Newcastle lads plus recruited Bruce who we'll have paid several months of his £2m wages to towards the end of the year.  The compo for him won't be in that year's accounts either. 

The next (current) year's accounts will be a lot rosier having got Hooper, Abdi, Jones, Matias and Boyd off the books, plus the Bruce compo and the sale of Joao, but barring an unlikely promotion this season we're still staring down the barrel in the summer. 

Hallelujah bloody hallelujah.

We aren't close to meeting the rules . What is the plan ?

We don't have one.

7 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

We don't have one.

The plan is to get promoted..... good job nobody else is trying to do that, otherwise we would be f##ked

12 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Really  ?

Wake up and smell the coffee. If we don't change our approach, we aren't complying with the rules anytime soon.

How do you know there isn't a plan? You're just talking out of your arse tryna get reactions from owlstalkers as per.

When was Chansiri up before the EFL before?

We have changed our approach. We have spent minimal money on players since Jan 18. Wage budget decreased and will be decreased again when more high earners leave this summer.

You do know that the next accounting period takes out the big spending year, don't you? After this season, as long as we don't go mental, we'll be out of the woods.

3 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Really  ?

Theres no way Leeds, middlesborough and Forrest are much more than ten bob behind us in terms of expenditure so its going to be an interesting period. 

6 minutes ago, Anlaby Owl said:

Theres no way Leeds, middlesborough and Forrest are much more than ten bob behind us in terms of expenditure so its going to be an interesting period. 

Fingers crossed.

Just not the way I enjoy us being run.

Don't get the luv in for brentwood, never done fa, never will do fa.

I mean if all you care about is being cautious with the dosh come and support our pub team..never lost a penny, £195 in the black..and players queueing up to play for us.

57 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Putting aside the validity of it I think we have to assume that the £60m was calculated not only to clear the hurdle in 17/18 but also 18/19...if it wasn't then they really are bloody useless!

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

We don't have one.

Don't worry, Casbah will be along to neg you shortly :biggrin:

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Don't worry, Casbah will be along to neg you shortly :biggrin:

He seems to have a job for life under DC. Bless him.

:tango:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

He seems to have a job for life under DC. Bless him.

:tango:

Stop being the most cowardly pathetic no mark ever to post on here ....... please!

15 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Stop being the most cowardly pathetic no mark ever to post on here ....... please!

It speaks :biggrin:

• Haha 1