Chansiri charged - could be banned from football

Guest addedtime

9 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Macclesfield on verge of collapse and the EFL are basically saying ... play ur games or we will throw points deductions at you 

That will do wonders to save a club won’t it , great work again EFL

I know it's utter batsh1t.

EFL: Just stop being poor lads...simple..

14 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I’ve been threatened with many letters like that when doing stories on companies. A robust lawyer’s letter - I’m presuming lawyers have written it - has to be treated seriously for sure but is sometimes largely a scare tactic. By itself it’s not proof the EFL charges can be beaten. 

We simply don’t know but fingers crossed. 

I'd agree on the tactics but for me the difference here is that the statement is very specific about the case we have

and the documents/confirmation emails in our possession 

9 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

I'd agree on the tactics but for me the difference here is that the statement is very specific about the case we have

and the documents/confirmation emails in our possession 

It’s not unheard of. If the EFL are sure of their facts it won’t scare them. We’ll see. 

On 04/12/2019 at 22:20, Bigger Guns said:

Funnily enough that’s also a requirement for the auditors (the transaction at fair value). Take it from someone who actually knows what they’re talking about. 

I’m sure you will have seen the article on the BBC tonight. As I predicted in an earlier post Wednesday are going to sue the EFL for an unlawful charge. 

I will repeat again. The EFL cannot make Sheffield Wednesday restate their accounts. They must take them at face value. They’ve bitten off more than they can chew here and have picked the wrong guy to have a fight with.

You're my favourite poster on here at the moment. A little ray of sunshine!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, geriatricowl said:

Without the clubs there would be no EFL. 

Correct and that is why it is the clubs that decide the rules of the competition-including financial fair play. So to ask the same question, if one club cannot or will not play their fixtures what should the league do to protect the integrity of the competition? Shrug their shoulders and say don’t worry just let us know when you get things sorted?

10 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

Correct and that is why it is the clubs that decide the rules of the competition-including financial fair play. So to ask the same question, if one club cannot or will not play their fixtures what should the league do to protect the integrity of the competition? Shrug their shoulders and say don’t worry just let us know when you get things sorted?

Surely Postponing a fixture without fines and deductions until such time they can actually sort there issues out and field a full strength side is protecting the integrity of the competition ??    Surely it’s a better option than pummelling an already skint club with fines , points deductions and a probable relegation out of the league , how’s that protecting the integrity ?

7 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Surely Postponing a fixture without fines and deductions until such time they can actually sort there issues out and field a full strength side is protecting the integrity of the competition ??    Surely it’s a better option than pummelling an already skint club with fines , points deductions and a probable relegation out of the league , how’s that protecting the integrity ?

So your suggestion is that clubs should  be allowed to pick and choose whether they play this week or not? A few injuries, sorry not this week; a run of bad form, just gives us a call in a couple of weeks; don’t fancy a long winter midweek trip, don’t worry we’ll come in the spring when it’s a not so dark. 

The clubs contract to fulfil the fixture list, if they can’t do that then they are in breach and shouldn’t be too surprised that there are consequences. similarly they contract to follow the rules of the competition including FFP, break those rules then expect consequences. 

1 minute ago, kobayashi said:

So your suggestion is that clubs should  be allowed to pick and choose whether they play this week or not? A few injuries, sorry not this week; a run of bad form, just gives us a call in a couple of weeks; don’t fancy a long winter midweek trip, don’t worry we’ll come in the spring when it’s a not so dark. 

The clubs contract to fulfil the fixture list, if they can’t do that then they are in breach and shouldn’t be too surprised that there are consequences. similarly they contract to follow the rules of the competition including FFP, break those rules then expect consequences. 

Im talking about exceptional circumstances

There’s clubs struggling , Bury have gone and Bolton barely survived , the EFL now face another Bury situation with Macclesfield and there telling the players to just play without wages or we will charge the club etc ... this is exactly what they did with Bury who not only carried on playing with no wages but won promotion , how did that end ?  And why are they repeating the process ?  If they carry on doing this how many more clubs will be lost 

5 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Im talking about exceptional circumstances

There’s clubs struggling , Bury have gone and Bolton barely survived , the EFL now face another Bury situation with Macclesfield and there telling the players to just play without wages or we will charge the club etc ... this is exactly what they did with Bury who not only carried on playing with no wages but won promotion , how did that end ?  And why are they repeating the process ?  If they carry on doing this how many more clubs will be lost 

So businesses  should be allowed to unilaterally break their contracts without fearing consequences. That’s not how it works anywhere else, why should it for football clubs? 

11 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

So businesses  should be allowed to unilaterally break their contracts without fearing consequences. That’s not how it works anywhere else, why should it for football clubs? 

Can we really compare any other business to football ???   On the current mindset how many clubs will we lose from EFL ? Where’s it end 

Even if the EFL are on a loser here the longer they drag it out it will effect the mindset of the manager, the players and the fans, games seem flat and hollow at the moment and as long as this is hanging over us it won't change, that could be enough to negatively affect the season without the EFL's intervention.

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Can we really compare any other business to football ???   On the current mindset how many clubs will we lose from EFL ? Where’s it end 

I would, you wouldn’t I assume.

So how long would you allow clubs not to play their fixtures without any consequence? 1 week, 4 weeks, 6 weeks ? If 2 weeks why not 3 weeks, if 6 weeks why not 3 months. How long do you think the integrity of the competition would last if this was allowed?

17 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

I would, you wouldn’t I assume.

So how long would you allow clubs not to play their fixtures without any consequence? 1 week, 4 weeks, 6 weeks ? If 2 weeks why not 3 weeks, if 6 weeks why not 3 months. How long do you think the integrity of the competition would last if this was allowed?

There has to be consequences I agree, but these clubs are in crisis , it’s not as if they can take the points deductions and come back in a few years time,  the clubs will be gone ! As has been proven in the case of Bury 

If it’s a case of pay up or we’ll bounce you out of the league how many more clubs we gonna lose ?  

20 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

There has to be consequences I agree, but these clubs are in crisis , it’s not as if they can take the points deductions and come back in a few years time,  the clubs will be gone ! As has been proven in the case of Bury 

If it’s a case of pay up or we’ll bounce you out of the league how many more clubs we gonna lose ?  

And there lies the problem. Prem =loads of money =high wages =high transfers 

Efl football clubs then have to pay more for sub standard players which in turn means more wages so to compete they have to spend. There is no two ways about it. They have  to but the clubs don't generate the income needed as brands who will pay big wont be associated with efl clubs. So therefore they have to rely on Frank the butchers type sponsors. No money gets brought in club folds. Such a rubbish situation. 

Guest addedtime
1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Well, they are businesses, not charities. If they go, they go. Same for us as well.