Chansiri charged - could be banned from football

Guest addedtime

11 minutes ago, prowl said:

It seems to be that the main misconduct relates to fiddling the date of the sale, That should be fact based but it could be we approached them along the lines of, we've had an offer to buy the stadium but we want to make sure it complies with all your rules. We could sell today (in the last financial period) but is it ok to delay it until you tell us how to structure it. If EFL agree then it seems legit to say they accepted the sale at the earlier date but it didn't go through until later due to EFL taking their own sweet time.

I think that might be the clubs position. It may be that the old EFL regime were happy with that but the new executive isn't. Again it will be for the courts to decide. It could be that they decide the EFL acted in bad faith.

I did see somewhere that EFL agreed the sale price of the stadium. I'm not sure if that was someone speculating or if that was legit. If it's legit it solves one problem.

Had an offer, from our owner..

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, prowl said:

It seems to be that the main misconduct relates to fiddling the date of the sale, That should be fact based but it could be we approached them along the lines of, we've had an offer to buy the stadium but we want to make sure it complies with all your rules. We could sell today (in the last financial period) but is it ok to delay it until you tell us how to structure it. If EFL agree then it seems legit to say they accepted the sale at the earlier date but it didn't go through until later due to EFL taking their own sweet time.

I think that might be the clubs position. It may be that the old EFL regime were happy with that but the new executive isn't. Again it will be for the courts to decide. It could be that they decide the EFL acted in bad faith.

I did see somewhere that EFL agreed the sale price of the stadium. I'm not sure if that was someone speculating or if that was legit. If it's legit it solves one problem.

Reading, Villa and Derby have all sold the ground essentially to themselves, avoiding P&S breaches - no one is really hiding the fact. As you say it's the date. I think the EFL would have to accept that the principle of the ground sale timings, in accountancy terms, is legitimate. We have apparently followed all the normal business accounts rules. I imagine they reluctantly said yes, it seems you can do this, but they then must have had second thoughts and are looking at the spirit of their rules.

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Forestieri was proved innocent in court ... what happened there ?      

Football is lawless 

He wasn’t proved innocent he was found not guilty- with the judge heavily qualifying that in his comments.

Civil cases - which is what football tribunals are based on - have a different burden of proof as is well recognised. 51% chance of guilt in a civil case you’re guilty.  In a criminal one - you’re not guilty.  It’s nothing new, unusual or outrageous. 

27 minutes ago, Animis said:

Reading, Villa and Derby have all sold the ground essentially to themselves, avoiding P&S breaches - no one is really hiding the fact. As you say it's the date. I think the EFL would have to accept that the principle of the ground sale timings, in accountancy terms, is legitimate. We have apparently followed all the normal business accounts rules. I imagine they reluctantly said yes, it seems you can do this, but they then must have had second thoughts and are looking at the spirit of their rules.

Haven't the EFL said they have new evidence they weren't aware of before and this is the reason for the charge?

Guest Theboylangers
Just now, TINKERBELL said:

My gut feeling is that we will get away with this.

Sorry Tinkerbell but my gut feeling is we will get hammered for this.

I like being right but on this one, I hope I'm very wrong. 

Macclesfield on verge of collapse and the EFL are basically saying ... play ur games or we will throw points deductions at you 

That will do wonders to save a club won’t it , great work again EFL

5 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Macclesfield on verge of collapse and the EFL are basically saying ... play ur games or we will throw points deductions at you 

That will do wonders to save a club won’t it , great work again EFL

The EFL run the competition they are not responsible for running the clubs or saving the clubs. If a club cannot or will not play, what practically would people suggest they do?

Edited by kobayashi

2 hours ago, kobayashi said:

The EFL run the competition they are not responsible for running the clubs or saving the clubs. If a club cannot or will not play, what practically would people suggest they do?

Maybe award points to the other teams rather than punishing the team that’s struggling to fulfil the fixtures. Depends on the circumstances really.

9 hours ago, Nut said:

Haven't the EFL said they have new evidence they weren't aware of before and this is the reason for the charge?

The only quote was reported on the BBC et al after SWFC's press release on Wednesday:

An EFL spokesman said it would "clearly be inappropriate" to comment specifically on matters linked to their "comprehensive investigation".

"Other than to reiterate that, following the review of a large number of documents provided by the club - some of those seen for the first time - evidence came to light to justify multiple charges of misconduct," they added.

It doesn't say when they saw the 'new' documents for the first time. It implies after SWFC's accounts filing, and P&S submission in July. I suppose the question is did SWFC intentionally withhold these previously unseen documents to mislead the EFL, or are they just supporting documents; like appendices to the main P&S submission, and are simply above board.

Who knows, but SWFC's legal team seem very confident, even with the documents the club has submitted.

We will get punished. Expect points and a fine.

It's needed too. Something has to stop DC's methods. It's the wrong way to run a club.

What are we going to sell to ourselves to meet the rules the next time ? The training ground ?  The Academy ?  

How many more imaginary companies do we need to not fall foul of the rules for the next accounting period ? What do we need to backdate ?

The squad needs rebuilding yet we are in a downward spiral of constant transfer embargos and rule breaking.

Something has to give.

• Like 1

On 02/12/2019 at 22:47, latemodelchild said:

This just gets worse. Far more questions than answers and I'm now convinced we are about to get the most royal of shaftings. I'm actually very worried about where we will be left after they've found us guilty of everything. 

Sadly it’s what can happen when an owner comes in with zero understanding of the game, league and the UK structure/ setup.

..that said, it could only happen to us!

lol

Let’s see what happens - a lot of unknowns but it only adds into what is a worrying narrative.

26 minutes ago, Animis said:

SWFC's legal team seem very confident, even with the documents the club has submitted.

I’ve been threatened with many letters like that when doing stories on companies. A robust lawyer’s letter - I’m presuming lawyers have written it - has to be treated seriously for sure but is sometimes largely a scare tactic. By itself it’s not proof the EFL charges can be beaten. 

We simply don’t know but fingers crossed. 

8 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

We will get punished. Expect points and a fine.

It's needed too. Something has to stop DC's methods. It's the wrong way to run a club.

What are we going to sell to ourselves to meet the rules the next time ? The training ground ?  The Academy ?  

How many more imaginary companies do we need to not fall foul of the rules for the next accounting period ? What do we need to backdate ?

The squad needs rebuilding yet we are in a downward spiral of constant transfer embargos and rule breaking.

Something has to give.

You really are the lowest of the low ....... absolutely pathetic!

On ‎04‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 22:20, Bigger Guns said:

Funnily enough that’s also a requirement for the auditors (the transaction at fair value). Take it from someone who actually knows what they’re talking about. 

I’m sure you will have seen the article on the BBC tonight. As I predicted in an earlier post Wednesday are going to sue the EFL for an unlawful charge. 

I will repeat again. The EFL cannot make Sheffield Wednesday restate their accounts. They must take them at face value. They’ve bitten off more than they can chew here and have picked the wrong guy to have a fight with.

I think you'll find it's the other way round.

10 hours ago, TINKERBELL said:

My gut feeling is that we will get away with this.

This is my gut feeling too.
We will get away with it rather than we have not done anything wrong though.

I hope EFL feel its not worth the risk of losing this case and losing face.

I also hope it give Chansiri a kick up the backside to start running the club on more a sensible footing. 

• Like 1