Chansiri charged - could be banned from football

Guest addedtime

When is all this heartache going to end.

It just feels like everyone has it for us.

9 minutes ago, Derbyshirelad said:

Why would you post something like this if you are actually one of us.

Reads very much to me like you're revelling in it.

Sad person.

Just now, Derbyshirelad said:

Ooh, angry person.

Seriously, how do you see this season panning out ?

I'm on here to encourage debate and elicit reasoned responses.

It's a football forum ffs.

Are you bo11ocks.

You come on here to be a tw@t.

A quick look through your posting history shows that.

4 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Despite all this flippery regarding our club we are still an attractive proposition for the right people.

Won’t be as easy as you seem to think, even more so when the EFL have finished with bans/fines/points deductions 

admire your optimism though

1 minute ago, Ray Von shabba said:

When is all this heartache going to end.

It just feels like everyone has it for us.

Why would you post something like this if you are actually one of us.

Reads very much to me like you're revelling in it.

Sad person.

He supports Leeds and has some weird obsession with us.

Like Just Visiting, but more of a be11end. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Derbyshirelad said:

There are two paths to choose - acceptance/reality or blind faith.

Any chance of you finding the path that takes you back to wherever you come from ?    

1 minute ago, Derbyshirelad said:

Actually, funny story ... whilst visiting the USA many years ago I saw a car with this number plate.

Did ya buy it ? 

1 hour ago, hugeowl said:

People need to calm down and wait to see what transpires.

Be careful before directing any vitriol towards our chairman before any action is threatened by the EFL 

we may or may not be facing action of some kind, who knows? 
certainly not people on here reacting to a tabloid piece designed to cause a reaction 

It's a broadsheet - and why the fizz would the Telegraph be publishing a piece designed to get a reaction from Sheffield Wednesday fans?

All the piece says is he and a couple of others are charged. Given it's the owner who makes all the decisions it's not really surprising I suppose. Giving credence to the Telegraph piece isn't being anti-Chansiri - it's just not believing stupid conspiracy theories that the football world is out to get us.  

What matters is what the EFL inquiry decides.  It's still only a charge not a verdict so who knows what's going to happen. He might have played the game perfectly.  Fingers crossed.

If he is found guilty then it depends what the sentence is. Might just be a blip. Cellino was banned from running Leeds for a few months after he got done for tax evasion. It didn't stop him from taking control again when his ban ended. The board ran it in his absence I suppose - the board being made up of his sons I think. According to our accounts Chansiri is the only director.  It might need new directors in the short term.

Having said that Cellino's tax evasion sentence expired fairly quickly so his was a short ban. If we get done for a deliberate flouting of EFL rules that could be a much lengthier ban. If that risks forcing him out it would potentially give Wednesday insolvency issues given we need Chansiri's backing to operate as a going concern. The ground sale has also muddied the waters in that we owe him a lot of money in terms of loans he's put in - £77m but his company owes us £60m for Hillsborough.  And we don't own our own ground. A big points deduction and then relegation could be catastrophic given the parlous state of our finances. If we get found guilty the EFL are going to have play a canny game if they don't want a huge casualty on their hands. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, trumbullowl said:

DC doesn't seem to have done anything in secret.

What I still don't get is that in December 2018 at the fans forum he was talking about huge potential P&S issues that needed a solution yet the accounts suggest that solution had already been found and was done and dusted. Why such a drama?

I've been very wary of Chansiri since his initial price hikes but surely even his biggest fan can look at the accounts and deduce he has fizzed up royally - regardless of his intent and regardless of the lack of a level playing field. 

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

All the piece says is he and a couple of others are charged. Given it's the owner who makes all the decisions it's not really surprising I suppose. Giving credence to the Telegraph piece isn't being anti-Chansiri - it's just not believing stupid conspiracy theories that the football world is out to get us.  

What matters is what the EFL inquiry decides.  It's still only a charge not a verdict so who knows what's going to happen. He might have played the game perfectly.  Fingers crossed.

If he is found guilty then it depends what the sentence is. Might just be a blip. Cellino was banned from running Leeds for a few months after he got done for tax evasion. It didn't stop him from taking control again when his ban ended. The board ran it in his absence I suppose - the board being made up of his sons I think. According to our accounts Chansiri is the only director.  It might need new directors in the short term.

Having said that Cellino's tax evasion sentence expired fairly quickly so his was a short ban. If we get done for a deliberate flouting of EFL rules that could be a much lengthier ban. If that risks forcing him out it would potentially give Wednesday insolvency issues given we need Chansiri's backing to operate as a going concern. The ground sale has also muddied the waters in that we owe him a lot of money in terms of loans he's put in - £77m but his company owes us £60m for Hillsborough.  And we don't own our own ground. A big points deduction and then relegation could be catastrophic given the parlous state of our finances. If we get found guilty the EFL are going to have play a canny game if they don't want a huge casualty on their hands. 

Smells to me like the EFL are either paying lip service to the complaints made by Middlesborough knowing that the case will fall down in court so they can put Gibson's protests to bed legally, or they are using us a test case for when they try and do the same to Derby and Reading, who both have done similar to us but with more money.

3 hours ago, SiJ said:

Could he still own the club but not have any active role in the club? 

Probably, I think we're already seeing him placing some distance between himself and the club. Profile much lower, at least it seems so.