Jump to content
addedtime

Chansiri charged - could be banned from football

Recommended Posts

So when Chansiri said this in January 2019 when he was trying to drum up business for the Club 1867

 

"At fans’ forums and Steering Group meetings, I have warned of the problems we will face with the Profitability and Sustainability regulations if we did not get promoted. The same is true as I write today. Unless we achieve promotion this season, we will again experience problems. I said it then and I say it now because I do not wish for bad surprises for our supporters. I wish to say it how it is and that way it is clear on both sides.

 

To make our situation 100% clear, we are not under any kind of embargo right now. However, if our problems cannot be solved by March when we submit our accounts to the EFL, another soft embargo is inevitable. This will become a full embargo if again the problems cannot be solved at the end of the financial year."

 

Was he was being economical with the truth in order to get us to splash the cash? What did he mean - "if our problems cannot be solved"?  Hadn't the ground sale solved them - at least as far as submitting the next set of accounts to the EFL?


Answers on a postcard please to the usual address.

 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Costello 77 said:

Couldn't be clearer or more honest there imo..

He didn't mention the sale of Hillsborough. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question for anyone who may know.  There is a lot of talk about charges, defense, hearings, sanctions etc.   If we are being charged under EFL Rules/Procedures for a breach of said rules, then surely there must be Procedures/Protocols/Timescales within said rules that must be followed, by both parties?  We know we have been charged, we know we have issued a statement saying we will defend, but what is the next step?  Do we attend a hearing to defend charges? Does the EFL's independent committee just review the case and recommend sanctions, that we then have to appeal?  In construction law, and contract law for example such procedures are well documented and timescales/procedures etc. are well defined and definite.  Or do EFL just make it up as they go along as we all suspect? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

He didn't mention the sale of Hillsborough. 

This might be "morning brain" from me, but wasn't the stadium sale instigated after January 2019?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

This might be "morning brain" from me, but wasn't the stadium sale instigated after January 2019?

 

In terms of the accounts that's one of the main issues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

This might be "morning brain" from me, but wasn't the stadium sale instigated after January 2019?

If it was then that's a problem

 


From Times  15 Nov 2019

"In the accounts filed by the club to Companies House for the period ending July 31, 2018, the “profit on disposal of stadium” is stated to be £38,061,000. However, documents filed with the Land Registry say that the transaction for the purchase of Hillsborough, by a company owned solely by the Wednesday chairman and owner, Dejphon Chansiri, took place only five months ago. The document says: “The price stated to have been paid on 28 June 2019 for the land in this title was £60million exclusive of VAT. Indeed the company that made the purchase, Sheffield 3 Limited, was not incorporated until June 21 this year. The one listed officer of Sheffield 3 Ltd is Thai millionaire Chansiri."

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, thought that might have been the crux of the matter...

 

So either he's backdated the sale of the stadium by at least 6 months, or he withheld the stadium sale from fans for more than 6 months.

 

Eesh

Edited by StudentOwl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Maybe Wednesday need time to prepare a solid defence. 

DC has been in touch with ken dodds accountant and oj simpson's lawyer....

 

They both hung up

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Striggy said:

Question for anyone who may know.  There is a lot of talk about charges, defense, hearings, sanctions etc.   If we are being charged under EFL Rules/Procedures for a breach of said rules, then surely there must be Procedures/Protocols/Timescales within said rules that must be followed, by both parties?  We know we have been charged, we know we have issued a statement saying we will defend, but what is the next step?  Do we attend a hearing to defend charges? Does the EFL's independent committee just review the case and recommend sanctions, that we then have to appeal?  In construction law, and contract law for example such procedures are well documented and timescales/procedures etc. are well defined and definite.  Or do EFL just make it up as they go along as we all suspect? 

 

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-8---offences-inquiries-commissions-disputes-and-appeals/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

So when Chansiri said this in January 2019 when he was trying to drum up business for the Club 1867

 

"At fans’ forums and Steering Group meetings, I have warned of the problems we will face with the Profitability and Sustainability regulations if we did not get promoted. The same is true as I write today. Unless we achieve promotion this season, we will again experience problems. I said it then and I say it now because I do not wish for bad surprises for our supporters. I wish to say it how it is and that way it is clear on both sides.

 

To make our situation 100% clear, we are not under any kind of embargo right now. However, if our problems cannot be solved by March when we submit our accounts to the EFL, another soft embargo is inevitable. This will become a full embargo if again the problems cannot be solved at the end of the financial year."

 

Was he was being economical with the truth in order to get us to splash the cash? What did he mean - "if our problems cannot be solved"?  Hadn't the ground sale solved them - at least as far as submitting the next set of accounts to the EFL?


Answers on a postcard please to the usual address.

 

 

 

 

This galls me more than anything................he KNEW for a long time what was coming, yet still blocked any major sales and still allowed ridiculous signings like Boyd and Van Aken to go through.

  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sheriwozgod said:

 

This galls me more than anything................he KNEW for a long time what was coming, yet still blocked any major sales and still allowed ridiculous signings like Boyd and Van Aken to go through.

It's ok because there are some on here who believe he has done nothing other than act in a naive manner.

  • Agree 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

 

This galls me more than anything................he KNEW for a long time what was coming, yet still blocked any major sales and still allowed ridiculous signings like Boyd and Van Aken to go through.

We all knew it was coming

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

 

This galls me more than anything................he KNEW for a long time what was coming, yet still blocked any major sales and still allowed ridiculous signings like Boyd and Van Aken to go through.

Exactly this ^^^^^^^^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

If it was then that's a problem

 


From Times  15 Nov 2019

"In the accounts filed by the club to Companies House for the period ending July 31, 2018, the “profit on disposal of stadium” is stated to be £38,061,000. However, documents filed with the Land Registry say that the transaction for the purchase of Hillsborough, by a company owned solely by the Wednesday chairman and owner, Dejphon Chansiri, took place only five months ago. The document says: “The price stated to have been paid on 28 June 2019 for the land in this title was £60million exclusive of VAT. Indeed the company that made the purchase, Sheffield 3 Limited, was not incorporated until June 21 this year. The one listed officer of Sheffield 3 Ltd is Thai millionaire Chansiri."

 

So DC has basically sold the ground to a company which didn't exist until a year after he claims they bought it . ? 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

 

So DC has basically sold the ground to a company which didn't exist until a year after he claims they bought it . ? 

Whats wrong with that???

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somebody let me know when this and Brexit are all over. 

 

Stop the world, I want to get off.

 

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

 

This galls me more than anything................he KNEW for a long time what was coming, yet still blocked any major sales and still allowed ridiculous signings like Boyd and Van Aken to go through.

Absolutely this, he knew what the future held, so why didn't he take any action...makes no sense for a successful businessesman not to have any short or long term planning, I can't get my head around this

 

Surely can't have been blind faith in Jos getting us promoted to solve the issue

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Standard sensationalism. Media become aware of personal charges and then state the highest available punishment and you f*ckers go in to meltdown. Nothing has changed from 3/4 weeks ago

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...