Chansiri charged - could be banned from football

Guest addedtime

13 minutes ago, Kameron said:

It will cost QPR a total of 42 million, the fine was 17 million but the overall settlement is 42.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/queens-park-rangers-accept-transfer-ban-hp9mpmjt7

So a club spends too much money and breaks a rule designed to stop them going bankrupt. They are then punished with  £42m fine. You couldnt make it up. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, wakefieldinleed1 said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/07/27/queens-park-rangers-handed-transfer-ban-reach-42million-settlement/amp/

read that lads. Very much what you have done (they wrote off loan to try to pass ffp, you pretended to sell ground)

they couldn’t get them points because they were in the prem. think they will go down this route with you instead of massive fine 

Sorry not same at all 

20 minutes ago, wakefieldinleed1 said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/07/27/queens-park-rangers-handed-transfer-ban-reach-42million-settlement/amp/

read that lads. Very much what you have done (they wrote off loan to try to pass ffp, you pretended to sell ground)

they couldn’t get them points because they were in the prem. think they will go down this route with you instead of massive fine 

The rules have changed since QPR did this and even so, writing off a loan internally is different from a sanctioned sale of an asset, regardless of who the sale is made to. 

Any news on debts owed to charitable organisations whilst you are here to discuss financial matters?

16 minutes ago, danblakemore said:

21 point deduction rumour ...

I don’t think so !

I think it's safe to say that all rumours around this are starting across the city. If it were 21 points they may as well not bother and just relegate us at the seasons end.

1 minute ago, Morepork said:

I think it's safe to say that all rumours around this are starting across the city. If it were 21 points they may as well not bother and just relegate us at the seasons end.

Think I best start getting me 'Great Escape' T- shirts printed.

We need to teach the young' uns the tune.

index.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Not saying some of this is not true but getting into dangerous territory now,  there is ZERO evedence in public domain to say auditors have acted badly here. And the timeline / take is wrong.

More likely: 

At 31.5.18 realised we were busting FFP and looking for solution

Then heard what derby / villa had done.

Extended accounting period 2 months to 31.7.18

In period 1 June 2018 to 31 July 2018 arranged a binding sale and purchase agreement for the sale to allow accounting for it by 31.7.18

Recognised sale in extended 14 month set of accounts.

None of the above is illegal or incorrect from an auditing or accounting perspective.

please note nothing in the above remotely means backdating a transaction after the even so this is incorrect.

The take from the Leeds fan is fully understandable because the issues aroun this have not been reported correctly in the media.

However, EFL may really dislike the extended accounting period to put the sale in those two months.  This is questionable as I don't know if he EFL rules around this, but this is not wrong legally and has no bearing on the behaviour of the respected firm of auditors.

Agreed - seems the EFL misconduct charge is quite vague - more 'not in keeping with the spirit of a member', rather than anything illegal in accountancy terms.

18 minutes ago, wakefieldinleed1 said:

Werent paid pal

but to be fair the club the past two years have put massive money into local charities.

have your club done the same 

Our current owner has put a big emphasis on this and a couple of years ago our captain won a community award.

2 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Which is why the posting on public forums accusing auditors club etc of illegal actions is very worrying

I don't think the authorities pay much attention to forums anymore. 

I'm sure DC's legal team will be fully keeping him aware of the law, rules and options. 

10 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Which is why the posting on public forums accusing auditors club etc of illegal actions is very worrying

Apart from selling something one year and then claiming it another year is also worrying. Apparently. If it happened etc

8 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Our current owner has put a big emphasis on this and a couple of years ago our captain won a community award.

A full years sponsorship money donated to The Children's Hospital.

Guest Kameron

3 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Didn’t we come out of some type of embargo because we complied with the EFL sanctions and advice not long ago ? 
Surely the ground sale must have been brought up at some point ?

It’s all kicked off since Gibson objected 

The last embargo was for failing to submit accounts, it was lifted once the accounts we're posted and accepted by the EFL.

49 minutes ago, BRUCE LEE said:

The EFL exec and board consists of a chairman that is from Liverpool, worked for Liverpool and supports Liverpool

With Championship reps that work directly for Play off rivals Derby and Bristol

There’s more chance of me having an orgy with Megan Fox and Michelle Keegan under the tree on Christmas morning than us just getting a fine based on a settlement 

Give over with the pathetic persecution woe is me complex.