Chansiri charged - could be banned from football

Guest addedtime

4 minutes ago, Kameron said:

Look, football is rotten to the core.

How are the authorities going to fix it?

But trying to be fair, I don’t see why Chansiri should suddenly be made an example.

I don’t even think his misdemeanour is that great, on the scale of things.

• Haha 1

Guest Ferkorf

Oh lord we are doomed!

We are seriously going under completely.

Could this season be any worse?

Dotty get the Lumping scrolls and leave no evidence

Leeds fan in peace

looking as an outsider.

it looks pretty obvious what’s happened

1 you failed P&L and got an embargo 

2 the owner was trying all sorts of creative accounting with all these silly schemes, ie plaques etc etc didnt work

3 you again went way ten limit of £39m

4 you were going to get another embargo and maybe points

5 the chairmen the see derby and villa selling the ground.

6 tries back dating it, basically  cheating with the sale date.

7 FL have seen through this and be very surprised if you didn’t get points.

youve over spent and then tried to get away with it.

The Auditors have behaved badly, not illegally but I’d question there take on the accounts ( certainly the timing)

it’s not accounting rules you are getting done for, but the football league rules.

youve broken them and will be penalties.

shame because the owner isn’t a bad guy. Just can’t run a business    

• Thanks 1

Just now, wakefieldinleed1 said:

Leeds fan in peace

looking as an outsider.

2 the owner was trying all sorts of creative accounting with all these silly schemes, ie plaques etc etc didnt work

The Auditors have behaved badly, not illegally but I’d question there take on the accounts ( certainly the timing)

it’s not accounting rules you are getting done for, but the football league rules.

This is all we need a know all Leeds fan.  

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, ReadingOwl said:

I’m no lover of Chansiri, but the article smacks of sensationalism.

Some creative accounting, gone wrong.

A ban? Restrict the bloke from plying his trade? Effectively, deny him from keeping his investment and goods.

And, if banned, who will compensate him and take over the running of the Club? The EFL? Will they deal with the Administration - and leave them selves open to litigation, from the Chairman, for his losses? 

Personally, I can’t see any way he will be banned, it has too many legal implications.

Notwithstanding that the original transaction must have been vetted and signed by people with professional “chartered” qualifications.

I think it’s bull, personally.

It would presumably be a temporary ban and it’s not without precedent.

Cellino was banned from temporarily running Leeds. Karl Oyston was banned from football activities for 6 weeks for misconduct - he sent abusive text messages to a fan.

If Chansiri was banned it would mean he’d have to appoint someone else to run the club until his suspension ended. 

Edited by rickygoo

All sounds a little small man syndrome to me 

I’m not for one minute suggesting the EFL have some kind of vendetta against us but it does seem to appear that they fully enjoy being cagey , unclear, and making there own laws up 

if this was fraudulent the HMRC would be all over us and yet nothing 

a throw back the forestieri saga again found not guilty in a court of law only for the football league and FA to go find him guilty And put there own punishments in place 

above the law and governing professionals 

I’d like to see the FA and football league get investigated 

in business you submit your accounts quarterly to the vat office and annually to companies house or what ever ( I pay my accountant to do this ) this is how we are vetted and governed 

our police enforce protection any Wrong doing reported by any of the above organisations are taking to a court of law where a trial or prosecution takes place

If this is all above board how on earth is the football league and FA in a better position to over rule these authorities 

deeming forestieri racist and misconduct of fraud in our accounts

this from an organisation that with all the current technology available has poor refereeing decisions in policing its very match day sport and is constantly getting called on agent, managers, and players bungs 

it makes no sense at all, if found guilty And I was chansiri I’d be taking these on in the high court 

that unless this is all coming from the HMRC and company house and the football league and FA are acting in a way to protect one its registered members and trying to ensure the punishments are minimum ( which won’t be the case )

complete power mad set of p ricks  made up from people of wealth not experience should be stopped  

6 minutes ago, wakefieldinleed1 said:

Leeds fan in peace

looking as an outsider.

Takes a bloody Leeds fan to spot what some of our own fans can't.

Hopefully it will be the end of his amateurish running of our club.

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

It would presumably be a temporary ban and it’s not without precedent.

Cellino was banned from temporarily running Leeds. Karl Oyston was banned from football activities for 6 weeks for misconduct - he sent abusive text messages to a fan.

If Chansiri was banned it would mean he’d have to appoint someone else to run the club until his suspension ended. 

Cellino’s ban was never effective whilst he owned the Club.

It was originally for 18 months.

17 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

He wouldn't be allowed to bank role the club hes not allowed to do anything regarding the club for a set time . Didnt cellino bring Leeds chairman in on a temp basis for that reason and he ended up with full ownership eventually I thought anyway

My point is the Chansari family could still own the club and DC essentially walks away, but not too far away. The family could install new Directors who would simply be 'employees' of the new company/owner.

Guest Ferkorf
10 minutes ago, wakefieldinleed1 said:

Leeds fan in peace

looking as an outsider.

Yeh but what about the evidence that pointed towards Dotty and his lumping? He was a sky sports mole sure of it, stitched us right up

34 minutes ago, Kameron said:

Former owners of Leeds and Watford have served 18 month and 3 years bans for financial irregularities.

But the current owner of  Watford wasn't  banned for his financial irregularities or the owner of QPR .

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/24/watford-fined-4m-forging-banking-letter-ingino-pozzos-takeover/

3 minutes ago, fpowl said:

All sounds a little small man syndrome to me 

I’m not for one minute suggesting the EFL have some kind of vendetta against us but it does seem to appear that they fully enjoy being cagey , unclear, and making there own laws up 

if this was fraudulent the HMRC would be all over us and yet nothing 

a throw back the forestieri saga again found not guilty in a court of law only for the football league and FA to go find him guilty And put there own punishments in place 

above the law and governing professionals 

I’d like to see the FA and football league get investigated 

in business you submit your accounts quarterly to the vat office and annually to companies house or what ever ( I pay my accountant to do this ) this is how we are vetted and governed 

our police enforce protection any Wrong doing reported by any of the above organisations are taking to a court of law where a trial or prosecution takes place

If this is all above board how on earth is the football league and FA in a better position to over rule these authorities 

deeming forestieri racist and misconduct of fraud in our accounts

this from an organisation that with all the current technology available has poor refereeing decisions in policing its very match day sport and is constantly getting called on agent, managers, and players bungs 

it makes no sense at all, if found guilty And I was chansiri I’d be taking these on in the high court 

that unless this is all coming from the HMRC and company house and the football league and FA are acting in a way to protect one its registered members and trying to ensure the punishments are minimum ( which won’t be the case )

complete power mad set of p ricks  made up from people of wealth not experience should be stopped  

think part of the problem is we are members of the EFL.

Bit like suing any club you are a member of and then wondering why they won't let you in. Bit of a catch 22 situation.

Agreed like the FF case, UK courts have UK law but any club, society etc has it's own rules and once you join you are governed by their rules. 

45 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

So glad I support Man City who aren’t dodgy at all.

Yeah but their form has dipped since you started following them.

Beginning to think that pretty much everything is your fault! :Chansiri:

Just now, Animis said:

My point is the Chansari family could still own the club and DC essentially walks away, but not too far away. The family could install new Directors who would simply be 'employees' of the new company/owner.

So the ban would be ineffective?

Creative accountancy (directorship).

What’s the point in that case?

(Not disagreeing BTW).

Blue and white

i can see it, because  we had bad owners for years, I’ve seen it.  It kills a club, it’s taken 15 years for the fans to come back after huge ticket rises.

i really feel for you lot because the owner should have been a great owner. 

he’s got money and cares but he’s clueless.

Guest Kameron
2 minutes ago, Uncle Mort AMB said:

But the current owner of  Watford wasn't  banned for his financial irregularities or the owner of QPR .

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/24/watford-fined-4m-forging-banking-letter-ingino-pozzos-takeover/

Watford were dealt with by the premier league not EFL, QPR got away with a 42 million pound fine.