addedtime

Chansiri charged - could be banned from football

25 minutes ago, Bigger Guns said:

I’m a chartered accountant and trained in audit.

As far as I’m concerned until someone makes Sheffield Wednesday restate their accounts, which the EFL cannot do, there is no case to answer.

The EFL have looked at whatever documents they’ve looked at and decided there is a case to answer. If it was as clear cut as some one here say why on earth would there be a hearing? Wednesday may be able to refute it - let’s hope so - but we don’t know that.

9 minutes ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

Also an accountant, and agree with all your comments on the financials. 

From a football point of view though, the EFL are so far up their own backsides that the real world doesn’t matter to them. Remember Forestieri’s ban, despite having been cleared in a criminal court? 

Yes I remember that, but I think it’s a completely different situation.

Suspending someone for a few games is not going to dramatically change the outcome of a season. 

Docking points where there are no grounds for doing so brings the integrity of the competition in to question.

Like I said previously this could all get very ugly for the EFL if we are not made to change our accounts.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Glenn59 said:

I wouldn't go as far as fans libelled him.

Really, I mean really? 

16 minutes ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

Also an accountant, and agree with all your comments on the financials. 

From a football point of view though, the EFL are so far up their own backsides that the real world doesn’t matter to them. Remember Forestieri’s ban, despite having been cleared in a criminal court? 

Did you see my accountant joke?  Really funny, I don't mind repeating it.

• Haha 2

Serious question.... If chansiri is banned from football what happens to the club...will he be forced to sell it

18 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

wtf does banned from football mean

lol

Often wish I was banned from football. Get the feeling most Saturday evenings around 5pm. :duntmatter:

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha 2

I’m no lover of Chansiri, but the article smacks of sensationalism.

Some creative accounting, gone wrong.

A ban? Restrict the bloke from plying his trade? Effectively, deny him from keeping his investment and goods.

And, if banned, who will compensate him and take over the running of the Club? The EFL? Will they deal with the Administration - and leave them selves open to litigation, from the Chairman, for his losses? 

Personally, I can’t see any way he will be banned, it has too many legal implications.

Notwithstanding that the original transaction must have been vetted and signed by people with professional “chartered” qualifications.

I think it’s bull, personally.

Edited by ReadingOwl
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

Just a brief word of thanks to Bigger Guns who seems to be a voice of expertise and reason on here.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ReadingOwl said:

I’m no lover of Chansiri, but the article smacks of sensationalism.

Some creative accounting, gone wrong.

A ban? Restrict the bloke from plying his trade? Effectively, deny him from keeping his investment and goods.

And, if banned, who will compensate him and take over the running of the Club? The EFL? Will they deal with the Administration - and leave the self open to litigation from the Chairman for his losses? 

Personally, I can’t see any way he will be banned, it has too many legal implications.

Notwithstanding that the original transaction must have been vetted and signed by people with professional “chartered” qualifications.

I think it’s bull, personally.

His trade is fish

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, billyblack said:

So the EFL are charging people for no reason whatsever then. Sounds like a good use of time. 

Or is there perhaps a case to answer after all.

Or maybe the EFL are using this to show they are using due diligence in checking the stadium sale, to use as a defence if Middlesbrough try suing them over the Derby stadium sale ?

• Agree 1

53 minutes ago, Drones club said:

You're quite right to mention defamation. Chansiri has been libelled on here by some vituperative critics who'd delight in his conviction, despite knowing nothing of the charges brought by a secretive organisation. Surely supporters of all people should give the club and chairman the benefit of the assumption of innocence. Am grateful for your analysis, 'Bigger Guns'.

Maybe the EFL will be forced to award us extra points for hurt feelings! Just imagine it, getting promoted on the basis of being wrongly accused. Bladesmad meltdown! I call upon the Gods of football to make this happen! WTF:

And whilst you are at it; suck a fart out of my arse Gibson 

Edited by airborne_rat_of_s6
  • Like 1

Anyone remember Save our Owls in the 70s,This is just a blip ,We will get a points reduction if we do at all , Lets see what happens first ,Stop fretting ,Man up you are Owls.

28 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Well i feel much better now.

I look forward to the club receiving no sanctions whatsoever as it appears we are squeeky clean. We dont have a case to answer apparently. Job done.

Who knows, we may get 5 million compensation for our trouble.

Schoolboy answer. I never said we wouldn’t receive sanctions, just cannot be bothered with all the club bashing.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bigger Guns said:

Like I said previously this could all get very ugly for the EFL if we are not made to change our accounts.

I agree. Regardless of the Chairman’s naivety, the EFL aren’t covering themselves in glory.

A Club like Wednesday, with its history, local culture and national status, effectively closed down because its current Chairman is banned?

That would be a big call by the EFL.

Not a chance.

While I am concerned about the potential of a points deduction, talk of banning Chansiri from football seems far fetched to me. The articles above are mainly just rehashed stories from third-hand journalists rather than investigative journalists. Plus English football has basically opened its doors to all any any overseas investment, no questions asked. There are very few restrictions or rules and the amounts of money spent are eye-watering.

Predatory US Venture Capitalism with huge debts? Dodgy Middle Eastern dictator? Shady Russian oligarch? Roll up, roll up, and come right in...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Often wish I was banned from football. Get the feeling most Saturday evenings around 5pm. :duntmatter:

You arnt on your own mate .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

Predatory US Venture Capitalism with huge debts? Dodgy Middle Eastern dictator? Shady Russian oligarch? Roll up, roll up, and come right in...

I agree - but the buck stops here, supposedly?

Suddenly, the EFL develops a moral compass? The fans have to suffer the sins of the Chairman?

You have to laugh - no wonder Wednesday fans have a persecution complex.

You couldn’t make it up.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Few people saying things could get ugly for the EFL here, they need to make there case watertight ,  gonna be a long drawn out process this 

If chansiri is banned why would the club fold.  Wouldn't it just mean he would have to sell up.  Or am I being simplistic