Chansiri charged - could be banned from football

Guest addedtime

6 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

Predatory US Venture Capitalism with huge debts? Dodgy Middle Eastern dictator? Shady Russian oligarch? Roll up, roll up, and come right in...

I agree - but the buck stops here, supposedly?

Suddenly, the EFL develops a moral compass? The fans have to suffer the sins of the Chairman?

You have to laugh - no wonder Wednesday fans have a persecution complex.

You couldn’t make it up.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, tashton said:

If chansiri is banned why would the club fold.  Wouldn't it just mean he would have to sell up.  Or am I being simplistic

If he’s banned - who would direct and fund the day to day running of the Club?

The EFL?

Otherwise, how would it survive?

And, thereafter, after litigation, if the EFL were found to have acted disproportionately, having banned the Chairman and ruined his investment, who would compensate him - the EFL?

The supposed journalistic possibility - is a complete nonsense IMO.

On, so many levels.

Guest Kameron
42 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

I’m no lover of Chansiri, but the article smacks of sensationalism.

Some creative accounting, gone wrong.

A ban? Restrict the bloke from plying his trade? Effectively, deny him from keeping his investment and goods.

And, if banned, who will compensate him and take over the running of the Club? The EFL? Will they deal with the Administration - and leave them selves open to litigation, from the Chairman, for his losses? 

Personally, I can’t see any way he will be banned, it has too many legal implications.

Notwithstanding that the original transaction must have been vetted and signed by people with professional “chartered” qualifications.

I think it’s bull, personally.

Former owners of Leeds and Watford have served 18 month and 3 years bans for financial irregularities.

3 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

So glad I support Man City who aren’t dodgy at all.

Aye, or Chelsea.

After Bury and Bolton the EFL are trying to flex it’s muscles.

Boltoning the stable door after the horse has bolted. Notwithstanding other irregularities from others like Villa and Derby.

If I were the Chairman, I’d be getting very proactive.

I wouldn’t put up with it. And, I’m no fan of his either.

As sole Director he will be subject to the EFL's owners and Directors test - https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/appendix-3---owners-and-directors-test/

Seems to me the club and it's Directors at the time are being investigated, which is clearly what was going to happen irrespective of today's news.

If DC was banned, I assume he would simply transfer the ownership into another part of the Chansari family. Presumably he (the family) would continue to bank-roll SWFC's annual debts until promotion or they'll sell up.

I can't see today's news changes anything.

9 minutes ago, Kameron said:

Former owners of Leeds and Watford have served 18 month and 3 years bans for financial irregularities.

“Former”?

Banned during their actual tenure? 

And were those for football or outside indiscretions?

(I have no idea BTW - genuine question).

Edited by ReadingOwl

10 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

If he’s banned - who would direct and fund the day to day running of the Club?

The EFL?

Otherwise, how would it survive?

And, thereafter, after litigation, if the EFL were found to have acted disproportionately, having banned the Chairman and ruined his investment, who would compensate him - the EFL?

The supposed journalistic possibility - is a complete nonsense IMO.

On, so many levels.

:image:

• Haha 1

Guest Kameron
8 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

“Former”?

Banned during their actual tenure? 

(I have no idea BTW - genuine question).

Yeah banned whilst in tenure

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/dec/08/leeds-owner-massimo-cellino-banned-18-months

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/mar/18/watford-former-owner-banned-three-years

Watford also had a chairman banned for life, although he wasn't the owner.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/06/14/former-watford-chairman-banned-life-english-football-forged/

Edited by Kameron

4 minutes ago, Animis said:

As sole Director he will be subject to the EFL's owners and Directors test - https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/appendix-3---owners-and-directors-test/

Seems to me the club and it's Directors at the time are being investigated, which is clearly what was going to happen irrespective of today's news.

If DC was banned, I assume he would simply transfer the ownership into another part of the Chansari family. Presumably he (the family) would continue to bank-roll SWFC's annual debts until promotion or they'll sell up.

Haven’t read it, but does is the test involve wrestling wild animal or something along the lines of Takeshi’s Castle? If it was run at half time you would fill the ground! 

25 minutes ago, tashton said:

If chansiri is banned why would the club fold.  Wouldn't it just mean he would have to sell up.  Or am I being simplistic

Is this a genuine questing skmeknes asking? Course we wouldn't.  In the case of cellino at Leeds he sold up to their current chairman and it was the best thing they ever did.

I'm guessing if he was banned and not allowed to be anywhere near the club business it would depend on length of ban . 6 month? That's nothing. 1 year? Now your talking sell up .

To ban him they must be looking at getting him for fraud

14 minutes ago, Animis said:

He wouldn't be allowed to bank role the club hes not allowed to do anything regarding the club for a set time . Didnt cellino bring Leeds chairman in on a temp basis for that reason and he ended up with full ownership eventually I thought anyway

6 minutes ago, Kameron said:

Bassini wasn't in tenure, he sold Watford in June 2012 and was found guilty of misconduct in March 2013.

10 minutes ago, Kameron said:

The latter was former.

But Cellino was current, albeit that he appealed and eventually his ban was upheld, but only when he’d finally sold the Club.

So, neither ban was effective whilst either had day to day control of their respective Clubs.

So we have no evidence as to how the Clubs survived whilst their Chairman were banned.

But point taken.

(Am I right? - I’m willing to be told otherwise).

Edited by ReadingOwl

3 minutes ago, Kameron said:

On the bright side; if Corbyn gets in the Government will be able to sell off the stockpile of Unicorn Horn and Pixie Dust, clear government debt, tax people heavily who have worked hard and been successful and Nationalise everything. Everyone can work a three day week and strike or claim benefits for the other two. The utopia that some fuckwits believe! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4