Chansiri charged - could be banned from football

Guest addedtime

Just now, owls maniac said:

You’d trust MM? He’s the one who sold to Chansiri in the first place. Typical Wednesday luck that he flogs Leicester to the perfect owners and we get a bloke who doesn’t know his arse from his elbow. 

And he sold Portsmouth to complete charlatans.

Leicester got lucky. Though they cheated FFP too. 

1 minute ago, Blue and white said:

Hello and welcome to Red Bull Sheffield Wednesday and someone who knows what to do and will take us forward.

If we change our name to red bull sheffield wednesday then that's me out. 

The thing that has just about kept me sane over many decades as an Owls supporter is to never worry about something over which I have no control.

Lets just wait and see how this all plays out before having a collective hissy fit about the opinion of a hack in the Telegraph.

• Like 2

Is this really adding much to what we already know? If the club are in the dock, it's hardly surprising certain current and former club officials are as well. In theory, the club could be expelled from the league. In theory, the officials could be banned from the game. It's not exactly a surprise really. I have to say, I'm also perplexed as to how this has come about. The accounts have been approved by professional auditors, and we seemed to have weathered the storm as far as the EFL were concerned. I mean, we all know DC has played fast and loose with the rules in the past, what with our non-existent sponsors for a start. But I'd always assumed he knew what he was doing on that front at least. And it's hardly unusual for companies to use various ruses to improve their accounting position for whatever reason; I just thought that was what we'd done here. Maybe I'm just naive. Maybe he was desperate and it was a last throw of the dice. But surely those involved genuinely believed they were compliant with the rules? Otherwise, why not just take the hit, like Birmingham?

1 minute ago, A12owl said:

Surely if Charlton are an attractive proposition for an investment company then we should attract some interest. 

Unfortunately DC might decide to try to recoup his losses. That won't make it value for money.

He needs to cut his losses, sell up and go back to living off daddy's fortune. 

DC has had his chips?

It will cost a new owner a fortune just to get rid of Chansiri' s name off everything in the ground. 

We want our club back Mr C. You appear to have brought the name of Sheffield Wednesday into disrepute. Unfortunately it will be the club and fans that suffers just as much as he may suffer. 

We will be here long after he has gone.

I really don’t trust him to flog us on to anyone of repute either. Worrying times. 

The sudden departure of Katrien Meire was very much clouded in mystery, did she jump before the brown stuff hit the fan knowing what DC had in mind, this article would make it appear that she was actually complicit.

It may be paper talk but its still bringing down the name of this great club while the other lot are getting praise after praise, dark days indeed.

Oh my God you couldn't make this crap up - EFL clubs all lose money hand over fist, the EFL relies entirely on wealthy owners willing to spend their own money,

DC does exactly that but spends too much and they want to ban him from football! Worthless, clueless fvvkkers, they've created a situation where they should be begging

people like DC to stay involved. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, SiJ said:

If we change our name to red bull sheffield wednesday then that's me out. 

They could call us Fray Bentos Friday and make us play in drag as long as they make us successful.

Our pull for tradition is admirable but it's a relic to a past era, we are footballing dinosaurs and are being left behind. To be successful now you need to move with the times, take our hooven neighbours, they have taken money from the very family that is synonymous with global terror and are holding there own in the best league in Europe.

I for one am sick of being run like a fecking pub team and will welcome success for our club in whatever form it comes in.

It's no secret Red Bull are looking to break into the lucrative English market and have sniffed round round us within the last 12 months. When you look at the success they have brought to teams world wide then what's not to like.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, trumbullowl said:

Oh my God you couldn't make this crap up - EFL clubs all lose money hand over fist, the EFL relies entirely on wealthy owners willing to spend their own money,

DC does exactly that but spends too much and they want to ban him from football! Worthless, clueless fvvkkers, they've created a situation where they should be begging

people like DC to stay involved. 

Not everyone tries to fudge their accounts in a childish and amateur manner.

27 minutes ago, Offside_Owl said:

We are definitely facing action. That is irrefutable fact! 

Well the article says that 

Chansiri Miere and Redgate are being charged 

who knows what that actually means regarding the club

we have supposedly been working with the EFL to avoid further sanctions and selling grounds have a set precedent with other clubs doing the same so we will have to wait and see what the actual charges are