addedtime

Chansiri charged - could be banned from football

3 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Recommends Doyen/Paixao to advise on the the playing side as part of a 3 year package for promotion and wait for it..................

The man who will get you round the rules based on what Leicester did...............

The one and only...............

SIR DAVE RICHARDS

If I could make a Scooby Doo/Pesky Kids gif I would.

Seriously though, we went close and are only in the same sick game as everyone else that is modern football.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

Clubs with supporters who continuously chant racist abuse at players have to play a match or two without supporters in their stadium. 

Owner gets thrown out of football for spending his own money and club is deducted fifteen points for it.

Fair. 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, sonofbert2 said:

Recommends Doyen/Paixao to advise on the the playing side as part of a 3 year package for promotion and wait for it..................

The man who will get you round the rules based on what Leicester did...............

The one and only...............

SIR DAVE RICHARDS

If I could make a Scooby Doo/Pesky Kids gif I would.

Seriously though, we went close and are only in the same sick game as everyone else that is modern football.

Dave Richards adviced DC?.........really?........corblimey

You're right about modern football, guess we all miss the 'good old days'......luckily we might just be going back to them sooner than we probably wanted to, but hey ho......I like L1.

12 minutes ago, Bigger Guns said:

That’s not correct. Accounts are prepared on an accruals basis not a cash basis, that’s why there are debtors and creditors on a balance sheet.

For a sale to be recognised all Chansiri has to do is prove that the risks and rewards of ownership have transferred from Sheffield Wednesday to Chansiri i.e. by having a legally binding contract of sale in place at the year end. 

It is irrelevant when the cash is transferred, when land registry was updated and whether Sheffield 3 was even incorporated.

On the latter point Sheffield 3 could be unincorporated at the date of sale but still be in existence and nobody can prove otherwise. Regardless, Chansiri as owner of Sheffield 3 just needs a contract in place that he is going to purchase the stadium.

That information won’t be in the public domain but if it exists (and I presume it does otherwise the auditors wouldn’t have signed off the accounts) then the EFL haven’t got a leg to stand on.

The EFL does not have the power to make Sheffield Wednesday restate their accounts. They aren’t accounting experts and their powers start and end with the audited pre tax profits.

Thanks for that Biggerguns, it's well explained. That's kind of what I am hoping has happened. My worry is that we've done things correctly but still get punished by the EFL under some ambiguous technicality. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Bigger Guns said:

That’s not correct. Accounts are prepared on an accruals basis not a cash basis, that’s why there are debtors and creditors on a balance sheet.

For a sale to be recognised all Chansiri has to do is prove that the risks and rewards of ownership have transferred from Sheffield Wednesday to Chansiri i.e. by having a legally binding contract of sale in place at the year end. 

It is irrelevant when the cash is transferred, when land registry was updated and whether Sheffield 3 was even incorporated.

On the latter point Sheffield 3 could be unincorporated at the date of sale but still be in existence and nobody can prove otherwise. Regardless, Chansiri as owner of Sheffield 3 just needs a contract in place that he is going to purchase the stadium.

That information won’t be in the public domain but if it exists (and I presume it does otherwise the auditors wouldn’t have signed off the accounts) then the EFL haven’t got a leg to stand on.

The EFL does not have the power to make Sheffield Wednesday restate their accounts. They aren’t accounting experts and their powers start and end with the audited pre tax profits.

It's correct in terms of what the EFL are looking for, the revenues generated from the stadium sale cannot be backdated to be included into a year of your choice.  They'll be looking for solid proof, hopefully Chansiri can supply it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nut said:

Thanks for that Biggerguns, it's well explained. That's kind of what I am hoping has happened. My worry is that we've done things correctly but still get punished by the EFL under some ambiguous technicality. 

They sent the contract by fax on the same dodgy machine again.

Be reyt.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

I cant wait to view Katrien  at the hearing

Edited by sonofbert2
  • Haha 5

30 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Factually incorrect

Money doesn't need to have changed hands for a sale to be declared. You can agree a sale and payment details at a future date

or structured.

For tax purposes yes but to get round EFL rules no, I can't be arsed to post it all again but the information is there on companies house, the land registry and published accounts, there is a massive difference in how Derby and us/Villa have gone about this.  Villa will be in the poo too should they be relegated. You can agree a sale and payment details at a future date but if the EFL deem is was done to get round FFP they can issue sanctions. 

40 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Nobody wished for selling Hillsborough, colossal losses and an embargo never mind points deductions and relegation should it come to that. 

Selling Hillsborough?

Has Chansiri sold it again ?

colossal losses , wonder who will fund the losses

the rest is just pure conjecture 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

It's done with the specific purpose of avoiding EFL rules. Will be amazed if he faced criminal charges.

Hmrc may think it's false accounting, which is an offence...

(b) in furnishing information for any purpose produces or makes use of any account, or any such record or document as aforesaid, which to his knowledge is or may be misleading, false or deceptive in a material particular;

he shall, on conviction on indictment, be liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding seven years.

How come The Telegraph know about this and no one else?

Can't find anyone else running with it, so I'm not getting my knickers in a twist until it's trending on twitter.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Drones club said:

Meanwhile, a rush to condemn Chansiri that would make a lynch mob blush should stop. There are posts on here that treat him with such venom that some appear to relish the EFL's action. 

Where are these posts 'with such venom' towards Chansiri?
Yes I have seen posts highly critical of him but think calling them 'with such venom' is a bit of exaggeration.

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

Where are these posts 'with such venom' towards Chansiri?
Yes I have seen posts highly critical of him but think calling them 'with such venom' is a bit of exaggeration.

agreed, people have stated their thoughts about the way DC and his staff have got into this position. Hardly venomous outbursts really. Think the genral view is that they have got the club into a somewhat dangerous position as we are all guessing what the outcome may be.

7 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

How come The Telegraph know about this and no one else?

Can't find anyone else running with it, so I'm not getting my knickers in a twist until it's trending on twitter.

I know, our local journalists are usually first with all the news

• Haha 2

DC is clearly abit of an idiot, I've always supported him because his hearts in the right place, but hes not a self made man, and the evidence points towards a distinct lack of intelligence unfortunately for us.

A clever man would delegate properly.   

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, keepitsteel89 said:

What dose this all mean for D taxis going forward though thats what I want to know. Must be alot of people worried about their jobs right now

taxi-scrap-550x340.jpg

• Sad 1

I don't normally comment in these threads, probably because I'd rather not have to think about the consequences of all this for our club. 

But it really doesn't bode well. 

The football establishment seem to have it in for us and want blood. 

C*nts

Edited by Beholder
  • Agree 1