Chansiri charged - could be banned from football

Guest addedtime

I can't get my head round what's happened here. Professional finance people have signed accounts off. The EFL lifted our embargoes etc. Surely DC hasn't done it all above board then just changed things round, he can't. So how did it go through? How have we managed to actually do owt wrong? We can't, it just doesn't work like that surely. 

These are the accounts for this specific year, all sorted. These are the accounts for the year after, all sorted. Right, now take some from that year and put it in the year before. It makes no sense. 

The ground sale was done when it was done. It was shown in accounts. Those accounts were signed off and agreed by proper companies. The EFL took it as gospel. So what was wrong? 

If he has done summat that costs us our club then I'll never forgive him as long as I live. 

Just now, latemodelchild said:

I can't get my head round what's happened here. Professional finance people have signed accounts off. The EFL lifted our embargoes etc. Surely DC hasn't done it all above board then just changed things round, he can't. So how did it go through? How have we managed to actually do owt wrong? We can't, it just doesn't work like that surely. 

These are the accounts for this specific year, all sorted. These are the accounts for the year after, all sorted. Right, now take some from that year and put it in the year before. It makes no sense. 

The ground sale was done when it was done. It was shown in accounts. Those accounts were signed off and agreed by proper companies. The EFL took it as gospel. So what was wrong? 

If he has done summat that costs us our club then I'll never forgive him as long as I live. 

Who knows.

As you say: how was this stuff no5t picked up on in the summer?

Did the EFL even check the accounts before signing off on them.

Bizarre. 

Makes you wonder about Meire resigning when she did. 

12 minutes ago, OohAahGuyWhittingham said:

Irresponsible overspending and trying to defraud the EFL by misstating financial transactions.

Let's be honest this is not the behaviour of a 'fit and proper' owner. 

It's not going to be pretty when Chansiri does go, but maybe we need him to be forced out to finally get us back on a firm footing, and begin to be run responsibly again.

The worrying this is if he does move on, who on earth takes his place? 

And can you even imagine DC letting go and moving on? I personally can’t. 

It’s a very strange situation. Because I genuinely think DC has tried his best for the club. He’s poured money in. You can’t fault him for that. I doubt you’ll ever see us chanting for him to leave like other clubs do for chairman who have mismanaged them. But if we are being honest it’s turned into a farce and you can’t defend what’s unfolding. This is just mismanagement and putting the club in serious trouble (if all turns out to be true I must add). 

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 1

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE

I’ve been saying it for weeks but the Owlstalk experts caned me for it

Dejphon has not been at a match since Gary Monk took over whereas before he barely missed a game. 

He looked like a beaten man at Monk’s unveiling too.

As a Chansiri supporter this has been worrying me

People need to calm down and wait to see what transpires.

Be careful before directing any vitriol towards our chairman before any action is threatened by the EFL 

we may or may not be facing action of some kind, who knows? 
certainly not people on here reacting to a tabloid piece designed to cause a reaction 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mogbad said:

The EFL must be pretty confident of their case if they're charging the club, chairman & 2 senior employees.

Either that or it is them trying to reassert their authority after the Bury and Bolton fiasco.

Have to laugh when Chansiri might end up banned whilst Dale and Anderson are not. 

Edited by SiJ

5 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

People need to calm down and wait to see what transpires.

Be careful before directing any vitriol towards our chairman before any action is threatened by the EFL 

we may or may not be facing action of some kind, who knows? 
certainly not people on here reacting to a tabloid piece designed to cause a reaction 

We are definitely facing action. That is irrefutable fact! 

28 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

O, Mandaric, where art thou?

Think he'll come rescue us again and let DC sell and move on from this so we can disassociate (hmm, is that the correct word?) the club from the Chansiri name and the impending ruling.

You’d trust MM? He’s the one who sold to Chansiri in the first place. Typical Wednesday luck that he flogs Leicester to the perfect owners and we get a bloke who doesn’t know his arse from his elbow. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3