A12owl

Monk needs to go all out for a win at Brighton

Monk needs to put a team out to WIN the tie. If supporters are going to make an 8 hour 460 round trip he should make sure that all our best players are on the pitch .

Giving our impending problem in the EFL and a possible relegation (worst case scenario) then he should be chucking everything on trying to win the tie . There may be a money spinning tie in 4th round . 

• Agree 7
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha 1

Monk needs to forfeit a meh game that nobody cares about so we can concentrate on more important fixtures.

• Agree 10
  • Disagree 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Monk needs to forfeit a meh game that nobody cares about so we can concentrate on more important fixtures.

We are unlikely to be challenging for promotion due to impending EFL problems. A 4th round tie against one of the big clubs could bring in some much needed dosh 

• Agree 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, A12owl said:

We are unlikely to be challenging for promotion due to impending EFL problems. A 4th round tie against one of the big clubs could bring in some much needed dosh 

More Chance of Joey pinging a corner onto the penalty spot than us getting a result at Brighton.

Sad but true.

• Agree 2
  • Haha 7

So much negativity.

Unbelievable Jeff.

• Haha 1

I hope we do have a real go at them, but I doubt we will. Probably play the likes of Bates, Pelupessy,  Winnall and Rhodes. 

We've got 7 important league games to worry about before that though. 

• Agree 1

Better have a good shot at it. I've got a £1 e/w riding on winning the Cup at 200/1.

• Haha 1

We’ve got 7 important league fixtures in 25 days - I’m sure there will be major changes for this fixture to rest our key players. 

• Agree 1

He'll put the stiffs in, with a few who need a bit more to build up to speed.  Won't he?

Westwood

Baker        Lees        Bates     Thorniley 

Murphy         Lee     Pelupessy      Reach     

Winnall       Rhodes                  

Can't say this is an important match. Wrong time of year for a trip to the seaside too. 

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

He'll put the stiffs in, with a few who need a bit more to build up to speed.  Won't he?

Westwood

Baker        Lees        Bates     Thorniley 

Murphy         Lee     Pelupessy      Reach     

Winnall       Rhodes                  

can you imagine travelling 4-5 hours to get there and that's our line up ,then I guess the game will be played at 1230 on Saturday or sunday ,so that might mean a 5am wake up call ,maybe shovelling snow out of the way . anyone going all that way especially if it ends up been a 1230 am kick off deserves an extra 100 priority points and a free beer in the ground at least. 

• Agree 3

24 minutes ago, Ian_D said:

Can't say this is an important match. Wrong time of year for a trip to the seaside too. 

my thoughts too , beginning of may or in august id be there. 

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

More Chance of Joey pinging a corner onto the penalty spot than us getting a result at Brighton.

Sad but true.

lol

2 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

can you imagine travelling 4-5 hours to get there and that's our line up ,then I guess the game will be played at 1230 on Saturday or sunday ,so that might mean a 5am wake up call ,maybe shovelling snow out of the way . anyone going all that way especially if it ends up been a 1230 am kick off deserves an extra 100 priority points and a free beer in the ground at least. 

Would a 12-30am KO be aimed at the Australian market?

• Haha 3

4th round furthest monk has took a team in the fa cup

Tells me he doesn't take it serious like every other manager 

Own thing that annoys me about modern football

Oldest cup in the world and chance to play in Europe 

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

Id quite happily forfit the tie now. Pointless competition, we wont take seriously. 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Sad but true.

If only football was so predictable eh

34 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Id quite happily forfit the tie now. Pointless competition, we wont take seriously. 

Why ? What do we gain by that exactly , you want us to lose   , just don’t get that one bit 

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, A12owl said:

We might need every Championship point we can get if we get a massive points deduction

If they took 21 points off us now, we'd be bottom of the league playing catch up

Championship has priority over the FA Cup

• Agree 1