Player Minutes on Pitch

There are some names at the top of this list that are very pleasant surprises.

Harris 1574 (out of 1710 minutes available 19 x 90 min matches played)

Fletcher 1564

Bannan 1467

Borner 1395

Hutchinson 1365

Reach 1317

Iorfa 1305

Palmer 1304

Fox 968

Odubajo 966

Lee 758

Murphy 687

Lees 662

Nuhiu 528

Luongo 460

Forestieri 298

Pelupessy 252

Winnall 140

Rhodes 67

Great to see Fletcher and Hutchinson fit enough to feature so prominently. Lee too is playing more than most of us thought we would see.

Sad to see Rhodes and Winnall as also-rans. Though it does make clear the department most in need of quality back-up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I like the way that Monk gives players time to recover from injuries - Lees would have been rushed back under previous managers, Lee has been eased into it.

Re: Fletcher, I think him (and Bannan) are benefitting from not being picked for Scotland any more so getting a proper rest. Palmers performances tailed off after the two recent international weeks. Maybe the Scotland squad just sit around eating deep fried mars bars?

• Haha 3

Biggest concern here is minutes for FF - he is now effectively a back up for Harris (and Harris looked much better when switched to the left on Saturday) and with his wages presumably in the top five at the club that money could be better spent

Injury proneness + disciplinary issues + lack of effort/application = poor value for money

One to get rid of in January for me

12 minutes ago, Marc_Degryse said:

Biggest concern here is minutes for FF - he is now effectively a back up for Harris (and Harris looked much better when switched to the left on Saturday) and with his wages presumably in the top five at the club that money could be better spent

Injury proneness + disciplinary issues + lack of effort/application = poor value for money

One to get rid of in January for me

He’s booked his Christmas holidays now and quite literally on his bike.

Thanks and good luck FF.

3 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Thing that stands out from that list for me is that the top 5 were all free transfers

The bottom 5 all commanded transfer fees 

More smart recruitment please Mr C.

Great spot that.

6 hours ago, Blatter said:

Thing that stands out from that list for me is that the top 5 were all free transfers

The bottom 5 all commanded transfer fees 

More smart recruitment please Mr C.

The top 5 are also some of our biggest earners. Turns out you *do* get what you pay for...

21 hours ago, Holmowl said:

There are some names at the top of this list that are very pleasant surprises.

Harris 1574 (out of 1710 minutes available 19 x 90 min matches played) - free agent

Fletcher 1564 - free agent

Bannan 1467 - free agent

Borner 1395 - free agent

Hutchinson 1365 - free agent

Reach 1317 - £5m paid

Iorfa 1305 £250k paid

Palmer 1304 - Youth player

Fox 968 - £300k fee

Odubajo 966 - Free agent

Lee 758 - Free agent

Murphy 687 - Loan signing

Lees 662 - free agent

Nuhiu 528 - £100k paid

Luongo 460 - £1m paid

Forestieri 298 - £3m paid

Pelupessy 252 - £500k paid

Winnall 140 - £500k paid

Rhodes 67 - £8-10m paid

Great to see Fletcher and Hutchinson fit enough to feature so prominently. Lee too is playing more than most of us thought we would see.

Sad to see Rhodes and Winnall as also-rans. Though it does make clear the department most in need of quality back-up.

When you look at the players playing most of the good ones cost us nothing.

Makes you wonder why we are losing so much money when very few of the players at the club costs fees, I notice from above Westwood, Dawson and Wildsmith are not their all were either free agents or youth players too.

There is a lot of good free agent talent if you have a management and recruitment team that have any clue what they are doing.

the big worry for me is all 5 strikers we have are out of contract in 7 months and currently no signs of new deals for any of them.

21 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Fletcher, since the beginning of the season looks the leanest and fittest since he's been here.

Think that shows in his performances too.

Think his best season was 14 goals about ten years ago. 

I think he's on to beat that. 

Can't argue with that, despite not a fan of the big man upfront he's had a fine season.

Guest LittleG

It also puts to bed the misnomer that Fletcher wouldn't be able to play so many matches and would need resting. He looks fitter than most at Hillsborough; one or two others take note!