Optinons in deffence

3 hours ago, A12owl said:

Most phones I have seen do have the availability of .... ,,,,,, :::: !!!! """"" ----- and a few others. Usually you press the button in the bottom left of the keyboard and lo and behold a whole new raft of symbols appears. @Lomas613please try it before posting another long epistle and we all die through not taking a breath.

Thank you.

If you need telling to take a breath mate then good luck to you. I didn't think typing on here ment I was re-sitting my GCSE'S. . . Guess I get an F never mind those grading me can all go and F!! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, liammm1991 said:

Have been thinking for a while that i would love to see us test 3 at the back with Iorfa, Lees, Borner

Lees can look iffy in a 3. But borner is good enough positionaly to help and iorfa has the pace. It may work. But I think our biggest problem then is making the most of the wing back positions. We don't have any good fast wing backs. This is why i think monk needs to prioritise 2 players for this. Our options would be massively increased against teams who sit back with a midfield that can control games 

Owlstalk is for opinions on swfc not English language skills. The Internet must have a forum to discuss punctuation spelling and grammar. Would you post your opinion on swfc tactics on English language forum. Try it. I get totally fed up with posts picking out mistakes or anything other than what the point of the post is. People of any writing skills are welcome to be swfc supporters. The people who don't agree with that should not be. 

12 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

:Chansiri: 

"Deffence?! hahah...these people cannot spell....it's defence.. as in.de-fence....hang on a minute..mmmm  I wonder..."

image.thumb.png.6d04e704086a0c0f94bff396cd48ce12.png

Is that the d-fence barrister firm DC hired to represent FF, and the one about to represent the club in our FFP case? If so, we're in safe hands

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lomas613 said:

If you need telling to take a breath mate then good luck to you. I didn't think typing on here ment I was re-sitting my GCSE'S. . . Guess I get an F never mind those grading me can all go and F!! 

Well said. They obviously have more idea on grammar than football. Seriously why does anyone post on owlstalk about writing skills. Perhaps someone should set up a separate forum for the exceptional grammar owlstalk. 

4 hours ago, A12owl said:

Most phones I have seen do have the availability of .... ,,,,,, :::: !!!! """"" ----- and a few others. Usually you press the button in the bottom left of the keyboard and lo and behold a whole new raft of symbols appears. @Lomas613please try it before posting another long epistle and we all die through not taking a breath.

Thank you.

Is this for only the people who have to read aloud or move their lips while reading. When reading in your head you dont need to use your mouth. Therefore breathing is irrelevant. A post with poor grammar about swfc is much more interesting than a post pointing out the obvious mistakes in the posters efforts in writing correctly per English language skills 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hitcat said:

Borner and Iorfa. Why's this a question?

Is that a question of a question. Question = sentence that asks for an answer. Think borner and iorfa is a statement. Thats something different. Still meaningless. I guess you meant borner and iorfa are obviously so good that it's not worth debating. Lees has been good since the injury has got better. Fox is quickly improving. Last 3 games he has played better and better. Palmer is a good championship full back. We getting the best from him. But he will never score and going up and down the wing putting crosses in is not his strength. He sound in a flat back 4. But any other formation will highlight his deficiencies. Anyway god knows and maybe you do what you actually meant. So blame yourself for the aimless waffling reply. 

It could be tempting to put Dom at RB, with Borner and Lees at CB, but Dom has been so excellent at CB that I don't think I could fully justify moving him from there.

I mainly just want to tell him to keep going when he's bombing forward, and not to get worried and stop and pass it when he goes so far! Just keep going and run the full length of the pitch and run it in the net!

I feel like he could play well anywhere! He could have a brilliant career if he keeps learning and working hard! Let's manage him sensibly!

Edited by Creamy Goodness

6 hours ago, Creamy Goodness said:

It could be tempting to put Dom at RB, with Borner and Lees at CB, but Dom has been so excellent at CB that I don't think I could fully justify moving him from there.

I mainly just want to tell him to keep going when he's bombing forward, and not to get worried and stop and pass it when he goes so far! Just keep going and run the full length of the pitch and run it in the net!

I feel like he could play well anywhere! He could have a brilliant career if he keeps learning and working hard! Let's manage him sensibly!

The temptation should be resisted, in my opinion. Iorfa was, at best, average at RB, but has so far been a revelation at RCB. The pairing of him and Borner, looks a very good combination. Tom Lees is a good central defender, but will have to wait for his opportunity. It’s the sort of competition you want to see in every department

On 03/12/2019 at 10:43, gurujuan said:

The temptation should be resisted, in my opinion. Iorfa was, at best, average at RB, but has so far been a revelation at RCB. The pairing of him and Borner, looks a very good combination. Tom Lees is a good central defender, but will have to wait for his opportunity. It’s the sort of competition you want to see in every department

Definitely. I'm enjoying the fact that a player of Tom Lees' quality is at this moment considered back up, and is fighting for a place, rather than wondering how we could squeeze him in!

Edited by Creamy Goodness
Pointless change of wording