Jacob Murphy

42 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

He was appalling tonight. Stole a wage.

Why can’t Monk see his lack of effort, game after game, and put someone on the pitch who gives a damn.

As a paying supporter I’m appalled by his laziness.

If a player has a go, and has a stinker, then I wouldn’t criticise but he shows no interest or effort in any game.

absolutely...he was a disgrace. Never even look like he wanted to get forward. He’s in the same category as jay bothroyd for me!! T055

7 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

absolutely...he was a disgrace. Never even look like he wanted to get forward. He’s in the same category as jay bothroyd for me!! T055

Good spot there in the Bothroyd comparison...both big time Charlies on huge wages who don’t give a damn.

He was rightly dropped out of the team and even the squad at one point a few weeks ago. He then came back into the team and did well and earnt his place in the starting line up again. He wasn't great against Brentford but wasn't terrible by a long shot. We were poor in the first half of that game and he was one of the only threats with a couple of decent crosses into good areas. 

Then today he was poor again. He's obviously got talent, but he's got no consistency. 

The more worrying thing for me is that Reach has looked no better than him. Apart from a good cross for Nuhiu at Charlton he has been reasonably ineffective going forward. The thing he does give you though is 100% and he can run all day which managers obviously will like. 

I'm glad Monk has seen that he is probably more effective from the left though however he's third in the pecking order down that side imo behind Harris and Forestieri. 

For me Forestieri left (when fit) and Harris right is far and away our best option. 

Just now, billyblack said:

Rather play young fraser preston. At least hes ours and costs a fraction of murphy.

I would agree...we would get more out of one of the young lads!! Murphy’s application is a joke. 2/3 times last night he was 20 yards behind play just stood watching, at one point you could see bannan screaming at him and waving him forward. 

stealing a living. 

Ineffective again last night.

All season he's looked low on confidence, scared to make first time passes, scared to make runs down the line, scared to drive with the ball. Does not look 'up for it' whenever i've seen him play as well, very timid.

Until Reach finds some form again, we need a winger to start providing some quality we cannot solely rely on Harris every single game to do it all. Providing we could get a replacement on loan again, I would send him back in Jan.