FA CUP 3RD ROUND DRAW

53 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Yes I can imagine Worthing - how far is the Amex?

..cant be much more than 20 mins 

I live in Worthing.

I have been to Brighton’s ground a few times. The 1-0 win when  Giles Coke got the winner.

All the other times have been in the home end as a neutral and I really do know a team with a poorer atmosphere. The average fan is late 40s, knows one chant and could bore Ned Flanders to death.

Stadium has comfortable seats, but feels like a lego set. There is nothing I really like about Brighton. They’ve done well with a wealthy backer, but they, like Bournemouth and the other minnows, won’t be top flight forever. And once they are down, they’ll not be back anytime soon.

2 hours ago, Eastern said:

I live in Worthing.

I have been to Brighton’s ground a few times. The 1-0 win when  Giles Coke got the winner.

All the other times have been in the home end as a neutral and I really do know a team with a poorer atmosphere. The average fan is late 40s, knows one chant and could bore Ned Flanders to death.

cb18UHgg.jpg

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

Unless you’re one of the following 3 teams, it’s one of the worst overall draws you’ll ever see... in terms of travelling and irrelevant match ups. 

AFC Fylde
Leeds United
Gillingham

... maybe Nottingham Forest who go to Chelsea. 

Correction: irrelevant for 99.9% of the fan base. For me it’s a flipping nightmare draw as my partner’s family are Brighton season ticket holders.  And yes her Dad looks a bit like Ned Flanders without a tash.  

So the jokes have started already at my expense, and the Christmas and new year holiday will be fun..  if ever I needed Wednesday to win a game it’s this one!

We seem to have had decades of rubbish draws.  During our cash strapped times we never got a money spinner like Anfield or Old Trafford.  Only the Arsenal tie sticks out.  We usually get a boring team away making no money and losing, or a lower league team who pull out all the stops to beat us in front of 5000.

Meanwhile United get, what turn out to be more or less byes, or big clubs.

On 03/12/2019 at 06:58, Southie_Owl said:

Correction: irrelevant for 99.9% of the fan base. For me it’s a flipping nightmare draw as my partner’s family are Brighton season ticket holders.  And yes her Dad looks a bit like Ned Flanders without a tash.  

So the jokes have started already at my expense, and the Christmas and new year holiday will be fun..  if ever I needed Wednesday to win a game it’s this one!

Just make homophobic jokes

On 02/12/2019 at 21:59, Ian said:

You having a laugh?....I take it you’ve never been.....the Amex is half an hour from the nearest car park never mind anywhere useful

Thats half an hour by bus by the way just in case you were thinking that sounds like a nice stroll Ricoh arena style

Driven past it on the odd occasion...Always looks a bit odd.  Like it’s landed there rather than built.

I agree it’s no stroll but it’s not in the Outer Hebrides