Great to have Captain Lees back

13 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

I think we need Harris in the side as he’s one of the few players who can get past the last defender and get a cross in. So maybe something like this?.. 

Dawson 

Iorfa   Lees   Borner 

Harris                            Fox 

Luongo Hutch. Bannan

Fletcher  Nuhiu. 

Harris as a wing-back?! 

I'm a bit inclined to agree with the OP. We have four really good centre halves. Iorfa, Hutch, Borner, Lees. The lad we picked up from Germany who got injured may be ok, who knows. Plus Thorniley who would be a bit behind that quartet, but is useful.

Iorfa at centre half with a clear remit to take risks moving forward: yes, easy to see that. But if it's about optimal deployment, it's definitely tempting to use Iorfa to address other gaps.

Frastheowl clearly has little knowledge of Championship football when he says:

That would be a really good idea...If Brentford hadn't been playing Ollie Watkins as a centre forward all season.

Well Watkins was playing on the left against Luton and often drifts out to the left when playing as the main striker as I said in my post.

Can people stop asking for Big Dom to be moved to right back. 

He's absolute quality at CB and for me is first choice in that position right now. 

We are lucky to have three very good Championship Cbs at the club right now. The only downside is it means one has to be left out. 

I thought Lees was really good on Saturday, so there is an argument that Julian will now have to wait for his turn to get back in. 

12 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

Frastheowl clearly has little knowledge of Championship football when he says:

That would be a really good idea...If Brentford hadn't been playing Ollie Watkins as a centre forward all season.

Well Watkins was playing on the left against Luton and often drifts out to the left when playing as the main striker as I said in my post.

I may have little knowledge of Championship football...I've never professed to be a Professor on the subject, and I don't mind you disagreeing with me; just don't talk rubbish and be an arse about it at the same time. Makes you look a little daft. 

Average player positions for Brentford players against Luton...  If you wanted further proof, I can upload the average player positions for all of Brentford's games this season if you so wish. (Source: Sofascore)

1834422187_brentavpos.thumb.jpg.a5a4eb66107b3cdc0cc50a8b9a972e78.jpg

The number of games Ollie Watkins has played in each position this season... (Source: WhoScored)

1275626990_Screenshot2019-12-02at22_10_34.thumb.png.42b8ad3e2f1e9de5829c7fadd58abff5.png

Incidentally, the only game he started in the wide right position this season, was their 3-2 victory against Millwall, when Greek striker, Nikolaos Karelis, signed from Genk on a free transfer in the summer, started as centre forward. 

Up until last season, he was deployed as a wide forward, either in the usual 4-3-3 system they play, or when Frank initially came in, he switched to a 3-4-3. Either way, he played wide with Maupay down the middle. 

However, it's been widely talked about and not a secret by any stretch of the imagination, that, in Maupay's absence, Frank moved Watkins inside to a more central position. Of course, a player like Watkins isn't going to be a static target man and stay central, he'll drift out wide and look for space...that's his game...but, there's no doubt whatsoever, that he's Brentford's centre forward. 

Edited by frastheowl