January fire sale

22 hours ago, S26 Owl said:

Only players I'd be dissapointed in losing would be bannan, iorfa and borner. Rest can go for the right fee

Problem is mate , along with Reach , they are probably the only ones anyone would offer us money for . 

12 hours ago, ChapSmurf said:

Why do we need a fire sale? Genuine question. I know the OP is referring to FFP, but the EFL can't fine us £60M (or whatever the stadium was sold for).

I've not read any of the EFL Statement fred, because I am bored of it all. So I don't know what penalties there are (I know it could be a points deduction and most likely a fine) but the EFL can't make us remove the money from the stadium sale from our accounts. So as far as I am aware, we've no money problems to warrant a fire sale.

What am I missing?

No idea. 

People seem to confuse non-FFP compliance with being skint and, until we hear that Chansiri isn't paying tax bills or player wages, then I don't think we are skint. 

Perhaps we have to sell a player to make sure there are no embargos next summer? 

Or it might just be the usual case of the doom mongers trying to make everyone's weekend miserable after we got a win. 

Maybe some players might move on in January but I wouldn't put much money on it.
Not that the club or the player particularly don't want to move on but you need a club to want these players.

Players like Rhodes, Van Aken or Winnall you wouldn't get any transfer fee at all. If they move on you are more likely going to have to give them a golden handshake to get them put of the door.

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

No idea. 

People seem to confuse non-FFP compliance with being skint and, until we hear that Chansiri isn't paying tax bills or player wages, then I don't think we are skint. 

Perhaps we have to sell a player to make sure there are no embargos next summer? 

Or it might just be the usual case of the doom mongers trying to make everyone's weekend miserable after we got a win. 

We aren't skint. But if a deduction is likely it is pointless having our current squad. If we can wheel and deal until the summer and stay up we'll have got fees for players whose value is only going down and maybe some wages cleared off. Next lot of accounts will be grim again.

16 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

We aren't skint. But if a deduction is likely it is pointless having our current squad. If we can wheel and deal until the summer and stay up we'll have got fees for players whose value is only going down and maybe some wages cleared off. Next lot of accounts will be grim again.

Won't next years accounts factor in a stadium sale, assuming that it isn't accepted for last year's accounts? 

A fire sale in January would be closing the door after the horse has bolted. We are charged for previous breaches and I don’t think we can be punished for the same thing again after. 

I could see us moving a few on cheaply who are out of contract though. Maybe even FF.

We've been plagued for literally decades with poor recruitment strategies. I'd hope if we had a 'fire sale' in mind we'd be confident of getting market value or higher, and have some replacements in mind who we can get better value for. 

Weve had a reactionary approach to recruitment for far too long. Its why I'd look to get a quality Director of Football to plan strategy long term for the football side of the club, rather than chucking money away on a whim every year or so. 

22 hours ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Ya know summat fella,i'm struggling as well.

12 hours ago, SiJ said:

No idea. 

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one confused.

AFAIK, we are far from skint. In fact, it's the absolute opposite.