January fire sale

10 minutes ago, malek said:

In situations like this we should be able to lean on our academy graduates and U-23 players. But as we are only team in football league not to give single minute to any U-23 players that we developed it doesn't look like an option :sad:

That’s shameful really, very poor reflection on the club.  Don’t necessarily fault Monk on this one, if the talent isn’t there then can’t afford to play youngsters on principle when every point could be crucial in the event of a points deduction.

• Like 1

Iorfa has had a great start, long may it continue but it might not !  Bannan, Nuhiu, Borner and probably Harris are good value. Even Fox is probably good value.  In truth we think most of our players are better than they are. Most have had their chance and are just not consistent enough.  I'd definitely keep those 6 but the rest I'm ambivalent about especially on the wages we pay. 

8 hours ago, Minton said:

Reach who is in the top 10 assisters in the league this season? Need him if we are going anywhere

Agree mate, but he is one of the main targets of the 'cut & paste' cliche brigade.

You know how it goes. "A new left back would be first on the list".  "Nuhui should never ever play for SWFC" and the generic stock quote re Reach. "Can't tackle", "He's a nesher" "Can't cross a ball", "We should sell him for whatever we can get", etc etc. 

The old quote "never let facts get in the way of a good  story" is never more true than with Reach. Unfortunately, 'facts' are not a commonly used currency on here when the mob have it in for someone.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Minton said:

Reach who is in the top 10 assisters in the league this season? Need him if we are going anywhere

Agree mate, but he is one of the main targets of the 'cut & paste' cliche brigade.

You know how it goes. "A new left back would be first on the list".  "Nuhui should never ever play for SWFC" and the generic stock quote re Reach. "Can't tackle", "He's a nesher" "Can't cross a ball", "We should sell him for whatever we can get", etc etc. 

The old quote "never let facts get in the way of a good  story" is never more true than with Reach. Unfortunately, 'facts' are not a commonly used currency on here when the mob have it in for someone.

Just now, bigthinrob said:

Don't know what the f**k happened there????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, malek said:

In situations like this we should be able to lean on our academy graduates and U-23 players. But as we are only team in football league not to give single minute to any U-23 players that we developed it doesn't look like an option :sad:

SWFC Academy ... 

NeverReady.png.1159474f2eeab37bc6a6d7cbc8b5be58.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, malek said:

We tried that option before under Jos, they weren't up for it then and they arent up for it now.

Our U23s have regressed alarmingly in the past 2 years.

Only academy players I'd look to play are Dawson, who hasn't been that for 3 years now, and Thorniley, but he isn't ours anyway.

Why do we need a fire sale? Genuine question. I know the OP is referring to FFP, but the EFL can't fine us £60M (or whatever the stadium was sold for).

I've not read any of the EFL Statement fred, because I am bored of it all. So I don't know what penalties there are (I know it could be a points deduction and most likely a fine) but the EFL can't make us remove the money from the stadium sale from our accounts. So as far as I am aware, we've no money problems to warrant a fire sale.

What am I missing?

Would sell as many as possible. Bannan and Reach definitely. Would give Fletcher another year of contract but could see a West Brom, Fulham or Leeds wanting him in January to get them over the promotion line.

Get some loans in and a few freebies until summer and battle to stay up. Hopefully take our punishment and start again next season.

Everyone has there price, if decent bids come in for any of our players we seriously need to listen to it and start getting our house in order.

Sadly other teams won't be paying top dollar as they will be more than aware of our financial situation, the only thing that will change that is if teams are involved in a bidding war and there are very few player who may prompt that sort of interest, Iorfa, Reach, Bannan and Lee's spring to mind.

Guest wilyfox
50 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If we sell our better players, and receive a points deduction, we’ll get relegated for sure Already facing dwindling gates, relegation, and the reduced tv money, will see us struggle in the league below

You need endorphins for Christmas. 

2 hours ago, ChapSmurf said:

Why do we need a fire sale? Genuine question. I know the OP is referring to FFP, but the EFL can't fine us £60M (or whatever the stadium was sold for).

I've not read any of the EFL Statement fred, because I am bored of it all. So I don't know what penalties there are (I know it could be a points deduction and most likely a fine) but the EFL can't make us remove the money from the stadium sale from our accounts. So as far as I am aware, we've no money problems to warrant a fire sale.

What am I missing?

Ya know summat fella,i'm struggling as well.

13 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

We've heard all this before. 

• Like 1