January fire sale

8 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

Trouble is, whilst most on OT agree with that, there would be meltdown if we sold Iorfa and Bannan in January. 

"No ambition"

"You don't sell your best players if you want to progress"

"Settling for mediocrity".

We all know that we need to sell, but few can stomach it if/when it happens.

We had to put the Samaritans Hotline No. on when we sold Jack Hunt ffs.

• Haha 1

We're in catch 22 mode. DC's strategy is simply to get into PL at all costs. 

If we're around the play offs come the turn of the year, it's unlikely any of the squad will be sold, unless Monk's team has a plan to replace them with better.

Of course Rhodes and Winnall do not appear to be in the club's plans and therefore, they could be released, but Rhodes in particular is going to see out his contract even if he's sat at home watching Jeff every Saturday. His career salary has peaked at us, and he'll be looking at a 50% cut when he leaves us. I'm sure Winnall's agent has got some club interested in him - Barnsley? 

I’d be careful having ‘fire sales’ while ever the EFL are deciding what to do with us, potential transfer windows bans meaning no chance of replacements would make a fire sale a bit daft 

Also fairly sure were still due to pay Boro rest of Rhodes transfer fee, sell him from nowt and it’ll be immediately repayable 

The only financial situation were in is with the EFL,  few taking this as the chairman’s stoney broke , I’d be surprised if that’s the case 

48 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Ye, I’d sell Reach if we had a decent offer as well. I wouldn’t sell Bannan or Iorfa tho if we received decent offers. Too important to us right now.

I'd sell Reach too, but we all, or many of us thought he'd go in the Summer. It didn't happen. January is a notoriously difficult month to sell, as prices are over inflated all over Europe. 

6 hours ago, Andrew_Owl said:

Depends what the offer is, especially for Bannan he is 30 today so is going to start to decline, it would certainly be worth considering. 

we need to keep Bannan,Hutch,Iorfa,FF,and Harris for me,any offers for the rest...snatch their hands off ,imo

Said it before but Iorfa and Borner aside I’ll happily drop any of the others off at their new club providing the price is right 

genuinely tired of watching a few of these go through the motions every other week. It’s baby out with the bath water time 

In situations like this we should be able to lean on our academy graduates and U-23 players. But as we are only team in football league not to give single minute to any U-23 players that we developed it doesn't look like an option :sad:

• Like 1