January fire sale

With our current financial situation can see a few leaving come January, I think monk has had time to look at his saleable assets, even those coming to end of contract that would maybe get a small fee for can see Rhodes, winnall, ff, and Westwood going hopefully van aken will sign permanent for his current side, so maybe we could raise 2-4 Mill there and cut the wage bill massively its to late to save us but might give us some room for transfers? 

18 minutes ago, Adam Reachs left peg said:

With our current financial situation can see a few leaving come January, I think monk has had time to look at his saleable assets, even those coming to end of contract that would maybe get a small fee for can see Rhodes, winnall, ff, and Westwood going hopefully van aken will sign permanent for his current side, so maybe we could raise 2-4 Mill there and cut the wage bill massively its to late to save us but might give us some room for transfers? 

Its too late now. They are worth next to nothing a lot of them. Lessons should be learned. You sell when you get good offers. Not hang onto them like stuff under the bed.

We’ve got to move Rhodes and Winnall on for the benefit of the club and the players themselves. If no fee is involved for Rhodes so be it! Those wages need to come off the books for the next 18 months as effectively we are not using him. 

Edited by Bouncing Owl

Just now, Bouncing Owl said:

We’ve got to move Rhodes and Winnall on for the benefit of the club and the players themselves. If no fee is involved, so be it! Those wages need to come off the books for the next 18 months as effectively we are not using him. 

Might get a buyer for Winnall, rhodes i doubt just due to his wages. He will just sit here and run his contract down and why not.

Just now, billyblack said:

Might get a buyer for Winnall, rhodes i doubt just due to his wages. He will just sit here and run his contract down and why not.

That’s what I think as well but clubs do get desperate in January as most are looking for strikers. Norwich did offer to buy him in August for a nominal fee but I do think we’ve missed the boat now.

16 minutes ago, marshy said:

Problem is, in order to sell there has to be a buyer. If you flip the question around, who is a saleable asset?. Bannen is contracted and I'd say despite wanting to rid ourselves of a few, they're on big wages.

It's a struggle getting this through to people 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Its too late now. They are worth next to nothing a lot of them. Lessons should be learned. You sell when you get good offers. Not hang onto them like stuff under the bed.

Trouble is, whilst most on OT agree with that, there would be meltdown if we sold Iorfa and Bannan in January. 

"No ambition"

"You don't sell your best players if you want to progress"

"Settling for mediocrity".

We all know that we need to sell, but few can stomach it if/when it happens.

1 minute ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Ye, I’d sell Reach if we had a decent offer as well. I wouldn’t sell Bannan or Iorfa tho if we received decent offers. Too important to us right now.

Reach who is in the top 10 assisters in the league this season? Need him if we are going anywhere

Just now, Bouncing Owl said:

Ye, I’d sell Reach if we had a decent offer as well. I wouldn’t sell Bannan or Iorfa tho if we received decent offers. Too important to us right now.

Depends what the offer is, especially for Bannan he is 30 today so is going to start to decline, it would certainly be worth considering.