Charlton's Doughty

9 hours ago, gizowl said:

Do you really think we'll be in a position to pay fees in January or in the summer?,as it stands we'll be lucky not to have an embargo and if we don't it will be freebies and loans. 

1 hour ago, hirstys_achilles said:

More positive thinking 

.it's realism, and far better to use it than childish 'pie in the sky' dreaming. 

• Thanks 1

Guest LittleG
1 hour ago, thesouthowl said:

Don't lie, you have just knocked one out:biggrin::wacko:

I could have but in my world they weren't saggy and flappy.

Guest Grez Bez
1 hour ago, Dizzys Dad said:

And still might be.

Yeah

I'm saying lets not get carried away by one young lads performance (Doughty). It takes a while to make the cut; consistently being the key.

13 hours ago, gizowl said:

I'm positive but realistic, days of splashing the cash are over for now, some fans need to get their heads out of the clouds. 

My head is not in the clouds. It's a die hard fan who wants the best for his team. Some need to look at when times were really bad. Why do you support Wednesday. Being a Wednesday fan is a roller coaster ride. More downs than ups. Having a mega rich chairman who in trouble for wanting to spend more money than he allowed. A team that is capable of much more than its achieved. This is not an illusion. Its fact. I hate to say this but the pigs are showing some of our fans up. Why its impossible to see the future should be very good. Our biggest problem is not the management or team its ignorant fans who find a strange enjoyment from spouting negative balls with zero knowledge of the actual situation. Things are never going to turn around with the deadwood who seem to shout the loudest. Slagging swfc staff off for very little other than trying their best. All i ask of anyone is to try their best. Mistakes happen. Hind sight is a luxury only the non decision makers get. Only Wednesday have fans who love to get on a players back for all the wrong reasons. If its lack of effort or commitment then fair enough it's not good enough. But guys doing their best ie fox Dawson and nuhui last year and continue to put themselves in the firing line when confidence and moral is low. With the burden of know it all poorly educated mostly illiterate and or opinions from the moronic section who find the English language challenging outside of 4 or 5 words abusing any effort productive or not for the team. 

I look forward to the 3 word arguments against my opinion and why i am so wrong to think about supporting my beloved club through good and bad times. Football was more enjoyable when standing and working men filled the stands. We encouraged our team to make the best for 3 hours on Saturday to forget about the 13 % mortgage interest rate and whats on 4 tv channels. It was sexist and all the other things that you can't be today. Families rarely attended. Women and young children it was probably not the best place to be. But for all the wrong things that happened then. The thing that has totally vanished is the way we wanted to have fun. Enjoy your time watching your team. Sll the characters you stood around where like minded. I see people who have paid 50 quid for a ticket just to only look at their phone all game. 

So head in the clouds you know nothing. I not saying i do know more. Thats just another argument that never happened before Internet gave a voice to people who didn't want to show their face. Spending more time and money looking for doom and gloom than enjoying supporting your chosen club. 

• Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, ka58 said:

There were 3 I liked.

the left back the right back and the holding midfielder. 

Some good young players there.

Who was holding mf. 2 good young full backs would transform us. Foz is getting better. Palmer is still our best fb. Penney has disappeared. Iorfa definitely better at ch. Moses is a player you never know what he will do. Harris has shown what pace does for making a difference. Incidentally i  watched Fulham twice lately. Cant understand why cairney not in Premier. Never seen him have a bad game. Even onamagh looked ok at side of him. 

23 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Actually Andrew has a massive time piece on him lol

Why. On what is this based on. Who knows what chansiri is thinking. If we looking good by xmas and the embargo isn't there. Monk doing the business. Who cares about ffp in Premier. If we up there in beginning of 2020 just 2 crucial signings from money even raised by sales could be very shrewd business. Perhaps a good loan signing as well is not out of the question. 

8 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Who was holding mf. 2 good young full backs would transform us. Foz is getting better. Palmer is still our best fb. Penney has disappeared. Iorfa definitely better at ch. Moses is a player you never know what he will do. Harris has shown what pace does for making a difference. Incidentally i  watched Fulham twice lately. Cant understand why cairney not in Premier. Never seen him have a bad game. Even onamagh looked ok at side of him. 

oshilaja.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
22 hours ago, hugeowl said:

Had the measure of Harris as well 

looks a good prospect 

Yeah apart from Harris skinning him to set up Nando’s sitter!