Eight Wins...

3 hours ago, FARGATEOWL said:

Unfortunately I think we will need 71 points to avoid relegation if we get done with a 21 point deduction.

The EFL will probably mess us about then we'll stick an appeal in. It could be July before we know what league we will be in come August.

Fingers crossed Chansiri has all the paperwork to show it was all above board.

Why 21 points? 

12 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

As Brum were deducted 9 points for going over the limit, you would think the punishment for going over the limit and trying to get away with it would be slightly more. Otherwise it’s not a good prevention. So I would guess 12-15 points. As long as we are not cut adrift by the deduction we should still be able to finish midtable (providing a fire sale isn’t needed in Jan)

Your obviously the expert. When and where did you get your legal qualifications. Hmmm thought not. You know nothing about it so why do you think you know what will happen 

The first sentence says it all. The charge is to do with the legitimacy of the ground sale. The league announced that they were happy with the course of action swfc put in to tighten the purse strings. Birmingham signed a player while under an embargo. Totally different from our situation. The ground sale was an obvious ploy to raise cash to balance the books a little in our favour. The charge relates to the legality of the sale. The rules are very confusing and long winded with lots of long complicated legal words. Chansiri is a very successful business man. He will have taken huge amounts of advice and gone through every legal loop hole to cover his back and the clubs. 

A charge is not a verdict. Nobody on owlstalk will be anything to do with the verdict decision. The so called experts predicting points deductions have a strange grudge against Chansiri even though he has put a million more pounds in than any of his antagonists. 

Pls if any legal barristers or expert is on ot can you please enlighten us instead of numpties who cant get the first 5 words of a sentence correct 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FARGATEOWL said:

I think that is the maximum deduction. Just something I read. ( probably on here somewhere )

Must be true then lol

Can anyone point us to a club selling their ground and what points deduction they have received? 
just as a comparison like ?

Just now, hugeowl said:

Must be true then lol

Can anyone point us to a club selling their ground and what points deduction they have received? 
just as a comparison like ?

So you don't know. Thank you. Why not wait and see. Making predictions based on zero knowledge is total nonsense. The people who are in the know are Chansiri and his legal team and the league and legal team. None of us have any understanding or help to offer so we might as well leave it to them. Any distraction is to much for swfc fans atm. Just supporting the club is difficult for most lately. 

1 hour ago, hirstys_achilles said:

The first sentence says it all. The charge is to do with the legitimacy of the ground sale. The league announced that they were happy with the course of action swfc put in to tighten the purse strings. Birmingham signed a player while under an embargo. Totally different from our situation. The ground sale was an obvious ploy to raise cash to balance the books a little in our favour. The charge relates to the legality of the sale. The rules are very confusing and long winded with lots of long complicated legal words. Chansiri is a very successful business man. He will have taken huge amounts of advice and gone through every legal loop hole to cover his back and the clubs. 

A charge is not a verdict. Nobody on owlstalk will be anything to do with the verdict decision. The so called experts predicting points deductions have a strange grudge against Chansiri even though he has put a million more pounds in than any of his antagonists. 

Pls if any legal barristers or expert is on ot can you please enlighten us instead of numpties who cant get the first 5 words of a sentence correct 

You seem like a pleasant chap, calling people numpties for expressing an opinion. On the subject of talking rubbish, have a look at the reason Birmingham were deducted 9 points in this article. It was for breaking the financial limits not for signing a player while under an embargo. 
But anyway, I think we’ll have to wait and see what happens with the EFL punishment before calling people names 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2019/mar/22/birmingham-city-deducted-nine-points-efl-football-league-financial-breaches

The flashing the cash comment is so funny. Swfc has more money now than we ever had through 70s and 80s. Cash is strangely thr last thing we short off now. We now short of a fanbase who sticks together and would never take lightly comments i hear even from the opposition supporters never mind the worst come from our own support or fans sledging Wednesday. 

2 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

You seem like a pleasant chap, calling people numpties for expressing an opinion. On the subject of talking rubbish, have a look at the reason Birmingham were deducted 9 points in this article. It was for breaking the financial limits not for signing a player while under an embargo. 
But anyway, I think we’ll have to wait and see what happens with the EFL punishment before calling people names 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2019/mar/22/birmingham-city-deducted-nine-points-efl-football-league-financial-breaches

The point is the situation is different. Nobody really knows what Birmingham did or the swfc situation. They are not comparable. The embargo was in place for going over ffp limits. So signing a player who i assume did not come for magic beans was another nail in their coffin. So who did we sign during transfer embargo. Did Birmingham sell their ground to raise funds. So we agree 9 points deduction Birmingham was given is not a good yard stick to compare or predict the outcome of the trial 

I called people numpties who slag off our players and staff for the wrong reasons. As for name calling you totally missing the point. As expected. Why should we stick together with 1 common interest when we can change people's words into an excuse to start some personal slanging match. That's how this will go. Numpties is mild. I been called much worse for supporting swfc

On 30/11/2019 at 16:34, Binky Griptite said:

...v current bottom eight teams.

Doesn't really mean anything but an extension of the previous remarkable stat of seven wins against the bottom seven.

was talking about this on way home this morning.

weve got ourselves on brink of play off positions again.

next two games are against teams above us - we need 4 points to get amongst it.

3 ok.

2 or less will show we’re not quite there.

5 minutes ago, ka58 said:

was talking about this on way home this morning.

weve got ourselves on brink of play off positions again.

next two games are against teams above us - we need 4 points to get amongst it.

3 ok.

2 or less will show we’re not quite there.

Hopefully by the end of the season we will have beaten every team at least once and they all will be below us. We need to make Hillsborough a fortress and away pick up draws and wins when we can. This division is not predictable in any way. A loss can quickly set in a bad run. 3 wins on the bounce and things can totally change in a week. Monk knows what needed. Surely i can't be in the minority of people who think that the teams this season are all capable of beating each other with no real exceptional stand out nailed on champions. Wednesday are capable of taking advantage and making most this season without major changes. An automatic promotion slot is a real possibility. The best chance we will have for years. Between now and Xmas we will need to get tight in defence and a good run will put us in a hell of a good position to build a final push. No team in this division can outclass us. The championship will be won with a low points total. 8 teams could all finish in the top 8 with just 5 points separating 1st to 8th. 

I don't get this we only beaten the bottom 7 teams stat. Surely most teams have only beaten teams below them. The fact the 7 wins are all at the bottom is down to their performance on the day against us. But the majority of the games the bottom teams have failed to get are against all the other fixtures they played. It cannot be that unusual for teams to only beat ones below them in every division. 

Although for us beating bottom teams is very unique compared to our recent past history 

1 hour ago, hirstys_achilles said:

So you don't know. Thank you. Why not wait and see. Making predictions based on zero knowledge is total nonsense. The people who are in the know are Chansiri and his legal team and the league and legal team. None of us have any understanding or help to offer so we might as well leave it to them. Any distraction is to much for swfc fans atm. Just supporting the club is difficult for most lately. 

Calm down tiger 

my point is that there is no direct president set so talk of x number of points deducted is pure conjecture 

1 minute ago, hugeowl said:

Calm down tiger 

my point is that there is no direct president set so talk of x number of points deducted is pure conjecture 

A agree. Its far too complex and complicated for ot posters trying to inflict badly informed opinions. Next thing you know is a full blown conspiracy like the contract bull poop that was started and still rears its head occasionally 

11 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Hopefully by the end of the season we will have beaten every team at least once and they all will be below us. We need to make Hillsborough a fortress and away pick up draws and wins when we can. This division is not predictable in any way. A loss can quickly set in a bad run. 3 wins on the bounce and things can totally change in a week. Monk knows what needed. Surely i can't be in the minority of people who think that the teams this season are all capable of beating each other with no real exceptional stand out nailed on champions. Wednesday are capable of taking advantage and making most this season without major changes. An automatic promotion slot is a real possibility. The best chance we will have for years. Between now and Xmas we will need to get tight in defence and a good run will put us in a hell of a good position to build a final push. No team in this division can outclass us. The championship will be won with a low points total. 8 teams could all finish in the top 8 with just 5 points separating 1st to 8th. 

Think Leeds and West Brom will go up automatically they both look a bit infront of the rest in quality and squads. Would agree the playoffs are there for the taking with around 10 sides in the mix. If we can aquire an inform pacey goalscorer then we can definitely be in the mix. That is of course with no EFL imposed sanction.

Edited by ZicoSterland2

10 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Think Leeds and West Brom will go up automatically they both look a bit infront of the rest in quality and squads. Would agree the playoffs are there for the taking with around 10 sides in the mix. If we can aquire an inform pacey goalscorer then we can definitely be in the mix. That is of course with no EFL imposed sanction.

I felt the same way about Leeds last season. The last 10 games of the season they were terrible. I doubt any Leeds fans feel confident deep down of automatic promotion.