Eight Wins...

32 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

We are in every game, we have brushed aside the weaker teams and lost by fine margins against the top teams.

There isn't a lot wrong on the pitch at Wednesday, we need consistency and a bit of change in luck.

And drawn, Fulham, Leeds and Swansea. 

• Like 1

Such optimism. People hoping for mid table. We just totally outplayed Charlton away and reading comments on we only beaten teams below us. I think i have read it all now regarding Wednesday. Is there only me who sees the absolute nonsense from this statistic. 

What is correct is the fact that we should have at least another 9 points possibly 12 from games against teams above us in the league. If just 2 players had not made daft errors in those games then we would be around top of the league. 

This with a new manager still settling into a squad who is still getting to grips with the squad. 

The people who keep harping on about points deduction before a decision is made sums up some of our fans. Nothing much ti moan about with the team performance and result so let's moan about something that has not happened yet and is definitely not nailed on going to happen. 

Rather than the pseudo negatives the point should be we good enough to have a good season. Teams above us are beatable and we have proved ourselves to be a contender for the auto promotion spot. If we can stop the late individual errors that have been so costly recently we will be riding high only worrying if we get dragged into play off positions. 

Based on what we have seen so far this is more realistic than some of the negative comments on here. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Binky Griptite said:

Doesn't really mean anything...

7 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Such optimism. People hoping for mid table. We just totally outplayed Charlton away and reading comments on we only beaten teams below us. I think i have read it all now regarding Wednesday. Is there only me who sees the absolute nonsense from this statistic. 

What is correct is the fact that we should have at least another 9 points possibly 12 from games against teams above us in the league. If just 2 players had not made daft errors in those games then we would be around top of the league. 

This with a new manager still settling into a squad who is still getting to grips with the squad. 

The people who keep harping on about points deduction before a decision is made sums up some of our fans. Nothing much ti moan about with the team performance and result so let's moan about something that has not happened yet and is definitely not nailed on going to happen. 

Rather than the pseudo negatives the point should be we good enough to have a good season. Teams above us are beatable and we have proved ourselves to be a contender for the auto promotion spot. If we can stop the late individual errors that have been so costly recently we will be riding high only worrying if we get dragged into play off positions. 

Based on what we have seen so far this is more realistic than some of the negative comments on here. 

Assume that's not aimed at me?

2 hours ago, Binky Griptite said:

Assume that's not aimed at me?

Unfortunately the norm is for personal attacks and attempting to humilate someone because of their opinion. Truth is that its not aimed at anyone at all personally. Its just my point of view. 

Its just not the time for negativity. This is the stage of the season that can make or break how successful we may be. So far we unlucky to be in 9th position and just 10 points off the mix at very top. Most experts have said that we are realistic promotion prospects. Some of our fans are finding this hard to believe. For once i agree that if we can make a few changes we have the best chance of getting up in a long time. Not a single team is exceptionally good. On our day good or bad we can beat anyone else in this league. 

29 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Not set in stone. The charge has only just been activated. We have yet to be proven guilty and even if we are found to be guilty the punishment is not necessarily point deduction. 

As Brum were deducted 9 points for going over the limit, you would think the punishment for going over the limit and trying to get away with it would be slightly more. Otherwise it’s not a good prevention. So I would guess 12-15 points. As long as we are not cut adrift by the deduction we should still be able to finish midtable (providing a fire sale isn’t needed in Jan)

Edited by Owls-Fan

28 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Not set in stone. The charge has only just been activated. We have yet to be proven guilty and even if we are found to be guilty the punishment is not necessarily point deduction. 

Thanks for that. Is anything we do straightforward ? It’s like being married, can’t live without her but there must be easier ways of doing things !

5 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

As Brum were deducted 9 points for going over the limit, you would think the punishment for going over the limit and trying to get away with it would be slightly more. Otherwise it’s not a good prevention. So I would guess 12-15 points. As long as we are not cut adrift by the deduction we should still be able to finish midtable (providing a fire sale isn’t needed in Jan)

To save me digging about - can you remember the timescale of the Brummy thing. Just wondering when it will actually be applied (assuming we’re found guilty) ? Thanks

Guest LittleG
10 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

I like your posts and the passion you put across but stating as"fact" that we should have 9 or 12 points more is going over the top. There will be instances at every club in the division where the fans will be moaning about the points they lost but should have won and therefore be higher up the league. At the end of the day the club is in the position it is because that's where they deserve to be. It's no good keep thinking "what if". We need 2 or 3 quality loans in the correct positions to aim for a play off spot.

The points deduction if found guilty could be applied anytime think Birminghams was February last year. What does worry me though is there does seem to be an anti Monk undercurrent brewing on here even though he seems to be doing a decent job. Even threads comparing him to Jos. Time people got behind the team and the manager.

21 hours ago, sweetsheri said:

Half way to points target to stay up

Reckon we’ll need 62 this year

Unfortunately I think we will need 71 points to avoid relegation if we get done with a 21 point deduction.

The EFL will probably mess us about then we'll stick an appeal in. It could be July before we know what league we will be in come August.

Fingers crossed Chansiri has all the paperwork to show it was all above board.

8 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Birmingham were deducted points for sIgning Pedersen when they were in an embargo.  The EFL will not give ANY CLUB a points deduction while they are realistically in the hunt for promotion or have a chance of being relegated.  The are desperate to ensure there is no legal challenge to their anti-competitive P+S regulations.