Jump to content

Recommended Posts

...v current bottom eight teams.

 

Doesn't really mean anything but an extension of the previous remarkable stat of seven wins against the bottom seven.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or the depressing stat that we’ve failed to beat anyone outside of the bottom 8 teams.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We can kick on... the players went for the kill today... that’s what ya wanna see. 

  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Solid mid-table side. Hope we can add in January and start to be able to beat better sides. When we can beat the Preston's, Hull's and Cardiff's of this league we are progressing.

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The worse teams are easier to beat than the better ones. Sounds about right.

  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So frustrated with the recent points thrown away. 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Solid mid-table side. Hope we can add in January and start to be able to beat better sides. When we can beat the Preston's, Hull's and Cardiff's of this league we are progressing.

 

The thing is, we should have beaten all three of them this season... though you could argue not for Preston... (I only say we should have beat them as we didn't turn up yet only lost to two ridiculously clumsy Odubajo penalties). The facts speak for themselves but they also don't represent the performances on the whole. We usually lose to the crap teams so I see it as a big positive.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Half way to points target to stay up

Reckon we’ll need 62 this year

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On plus side only 2 of top 10 have beaten us, WBA and PNE and we ought to have got something from both games, especially WBA.

Edited by bradowl
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

We've played well against the better sides albeit we've not beaten them.

How many woodwork hits we had in the last few weeks? 

Fractions here and there. 

 

Hopefully the lads will take a bit of confidence from this.

 

 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Already posted in the Graph Thread but the expected goals table shows where we would be if we'd stuck away our chances... we're creating far more scoring chances than we're sticking away yet I can't think of too many sitters we've missed,... shows we've not had the rub of the green at times.

 

image.thumb.png.a2d7bc9afdbe12e2955b71f541d96510.png

  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

Or the depressing stat that we’ve failed to beat anyone outside of the bottom 8 teams.

 

It wasn't so long ago that you could guarantee we'd be dropping points against struggling teams. If we're winning the games we ought to be winning that's a positive in my book.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesn't matter where we are or who we've beaten at the moment. It only matters come May.

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big test next week v Brentford who won just by the odd 7 goals today. :duntmatter:

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we'd beaten Birmingham like we should have it'd be 9 wins v the bottom 9 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bradowl said:

Big test next week v Brentford who won just by the odd 7 goals today. :duntmatter:

 

 

 

 

  Jammy barstewards and home loving refs :ghoulguy:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sweetsheri said:

Half way to points target to stay up

Reckon we’ll need 62 this year

12 point deduction? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Binky Griptite said:

Already posted in the Graph Thread but the expected goals table shows where we would be if we'd stuck away our chances... we're creating far more scoring chances than we're sticking away yet I can't think of too many sitters we've missed,... shows we've not had the rub of the green at times.

 

image.thumb.png.a2d7bc9afdbe12e2955b71f541d96510.png

what..?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sMacLean said:

Solid mid-table side. Hope we can add in January and start to be able to beat better sides. When we can beat the Preston's, Hull's and Cardiff's of this league we are progressing.

I’d say we’re more an upper top half team, somewhere between 6th-10th. Nearly there just need a few shrewd additions in January 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...