Charlton Tho!!

Guest Kameron
44 minutes ago, SiJ said:

You seem genuinely gutted that we won. 

I actually didn’t give a poo we’d won, the season is over, great day out as London always is,  The point is the performance was no better or worse than in the previous 7 & beating Charlton reserves is no achievement.  Normal service will be resumed Tuesday night. 

19 minutes ago, Kameron said:

I actually didn’t give a poo we’d won, the season is over, great day out as London always is,  The point is the performance was no better or worse than in the previous 7 & beating Charlton reserves is no achievement.  Normal service will be resumed Tuesday night. 

I hope you enjoy whatever you decide to do on Tuesday night.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

31 minutes ago, Kameron said:

How can any fan have that attitude?

The season is not over. It may be that a points deduction means promotion is out of the question, but that deduction may well put us in a relegation battle. Every win is important: the season isn't over.

But even if it was over, firmly mid-table, last game of season, you still want your team to win. That's fundamental to being a fan.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tamworthowl said:

I think "it could have gone either way" is a fair point.

The performance yesterday was no better than last Saturday. Second half we battered West Brom and were by far the better team, yet we couldn't score the vital second and conceded a stupid penalty to lose.

Yesterday, we were by far the better team but were struggling to get the second, until we got a bit of luck with a borderline penalty. No one would have been surprised had the penalty not been given and for Charlton to race down the other end and score.

It could have gone either way. But for a bit of luck, for a change it went our way. It could have been 4 or 5, but equally, on recent evidence, we could have lost.

No sitting on the fence for you then.

1 hour ago, Kameron said:

I reckon the attendance on tuesday will be well down despite the win.............

19 hours ago, scilly owl said:

In fairness to Charlton, and as Bowyer explained, his entire squad was suffering from Ebola, The Norro Virus, Gastrointestinal Flu, Narcolepsy and the Bubonic plague.

i think you can also add ' Foot in the Mouth'  and 'Mad Cow Disease on top of that. lol

22 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

Powell has always given false facts against us, but i'm confident he's not just wrong when he come up against Wednesday - I think he is inept full time.   I don't follow other clubs but surely he has to be as rubbish a pundit to other clubs as he is to us?

I'm also confident he only got the managers job with them previously because of his ethnic origin to be honest, and that to me is absolutely crazy.   Appoint quality - that quality should be judged and be blind to your ethnic background.

3 hours ago, Bulldog said:

Same reason hes in the England set up

Equally classy.

23 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

Powell has always given false facts against us, but i'm confident he's not just wrong when he come up against Wednesday - I think he is inept full time.   I don't follow other clubs but surely he has to be as rubbish a pundit to other clubs as he is to us?

I'm also confident he only got the managers job with them previously because of his ethnic origin to be honest, and that to me is absolutely crazy.   Appoint quality - that quality should be judged and be blind to your ethnic background.

Are you on crack?

He got the Charlton job because he is an ex-Charlton player.

He got them promoted from League One and then kept them up.

But yeah, let's rant about affirmative action for some weird reason.

Bizarre. 

• Thanks 1

Those saying it was Charlton reserves should check yesterday's match day squad against one that beat Leeds in September. 

All these players were involved in both games. 

Phillips

Lockyer

Sarr

Pratley

Leko

Bonne

Oshilaja

Oztumer

Solly

Pearce

• Like 1

You can only beat what is in front of you. 

Wednesday played well yesterday and controlled the game. We fully deserved the three points. 

Once again, Dawson had very little to do and we defended pretty well for the most part. 

Our passing was decent and I thought the two goals either side of the pen were quality moves. 

Yes, it is only one win and our recent form hasn't been good enough, but I think our performances have merited more than our recent points return.

Something to build on. 

Edited by SiJ

9 hours ago, Kameron said:

One of the worst posts I've seen on here

And you better tell the club we are playing on Tuesday. So they can prepare for the game that isnt on.

Guest Kameron
13 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

One of the worst posts I've seen on here

And you better tell the club we are playing on Tuesday. So they can prepare for the game that isnt on.

Get a grip, as I said the season is over, results are irrelevant thanks to the actions of Chansiri, one way or the other we'll be relegated.

7 minutes ago, Kameron said:

Get a grip, as I said the season is over, results are irrelevant thanks to the actions of Chansiri, one way or the other we'll be relegated.

Right dead on.

I'll continue to take pleasure from seeing my team win and be pissed off if we lose. Its what football fans do.

I also won't accept relegation is a certainty at this stage.

If you want to then work away.

Edited by Belfast Owl 2
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Kameron said:

Why will we be? 

Until something happens, it is all just hypotheticals. 

You are an absolute parody of yourself. 

Guest Kameron
4 hours ago, SiJ said:

Why will we be? 

Until something happens, it is all just hypotheticals. 

You are an absolute parody of yourself. 

What you expecting, £12:50 fine and two point deduction?  We’re gunna get the book thrown at us.

Guest Kameron
5 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Right dead on.

I'll continue to take pleasure from seeing my team win and be pissed off if we lose. Its what football fans do.

I also won't accept relegation is a certainty at this stage.

If you want to then work away.

You stuck to being a fan and I’ll continue supporting.