Jump to content
astonowl85

top striker needed in jan ???

Recommended Posts

A bit of pace through the centre would be very nice 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, torres said:

A bit of pace through the centre would be very nice 


we have that pace..

hopefully Monk will stick with this formula with the big lads up front taking care of the cbs and Harris, Murphy, Reach and occasionally Iorfa running at them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 things;

 

We need to bring a striker with pace in January to stretch teams up top. I expect that we will try and offload Winnall and Rhodes on loans or permanent.

 

Finally, it’s not just needing a striker with pace. We need to improve our decision making in the final third. This has been systematic of our season where we are not choosing the right option or our final ball is poor. Something that Garry Monk needs to work on. Maybe, he’s still looking to bring in James Beattie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Flat Owl said:


we have that pace..

hopefully Monk will stick with this formula with the big lads up front taking care of the cbs and Harris, Murphy, Reach and occasionally Iorfa running at them.


through the centre???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bouncing Owl said:

2 things;

 

Finally, it’s not just needing a striker with pace. We need to improve our decision making in the final third. This has been systematic of our season where we are not choosing the right option or our final ball is poor. Something that Garry Monk needs to work on. Maybe, he’s still looking to bring in James Beattie. 


certainly agree with the decision making...

 

Harris and his pass selection [or not as the case maybe] needs attention for him to be more effective..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, torres said:


through the centre???


why not..

 

Harris looks better cutting in onto his right foot and Reach vice-versa.

 

we don’t need to get to the bye-line every time.

 

Dom had a great run through the middle today.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, torres said:

A bit of pace through the centre would be very nice 

 

Don't often agree with thee but I thought the same, a Matias type. Especially first half. Forestieri was coming in field from LM and contributing very little.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

 

Don't often agree with thee but I thought the same, a Matias type. Especially first half. Forestieri was coming in field from LM and contributing very little.


you should I’m always right 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would still have Rhodes on the bench everyday. When we are chasing a goal his runs panic defenders. Yes I know he isn't the same finisher he was but would still fancy him to get on the end of a cross over nuhiu. 

 

As for another striker. Absolutely essential. Every manager we've had has started with nuhiu and then eventually realised he isn't good enough or enough of a goal threat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not necessary, we have “Big Dave” who apparently is good enough in the championship for a team hoping to push for the playoffs 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t think we should get too carried with how effective our strike pairing was today. We’ve faced stronger U23 sides

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Don’t think we should get too carried with how effective our strike pairing was today. We’ve faced stronger U23 sides

Fletch is a match for any defender, Nuhiu a pain for any defender, more goals to come. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite a few piggies posting on here today. Surprised people haven't noticed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jrh said:

Would still have Rhodes on the bench everyday. When we are chasing a goal his runs panic defenders. Yes I know he isn't the same finisher he was but would still fancy him to get on the end of a cross over nuhiu. 

 

As for another striker. Absolutely essential. Every manager we've had has started with nuhiu and then eventually realised he isn't good enough or enough of a goal threat. 

 

Rhodes has the same pace as Nuhiu. The bloke panics no defenders. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

2 things;

 

We need to bring a striker with pace in January to stretch teams up top. I expect that we will try and offload Winnall and Rhodes on loans or permanent.

 

Finally, it’s not just needing a striker with pace. We need to improve our decision making in the final third. This has been systematic of our season where we are not choosing the right option or our final ball is poor. Something that Garry Monk needs to work on. Maybe, he’s still looking to bring in James Beattie. 

 

If you stand under under a tree its possible that one might fall out of it, that's the only way we will signing a striker. 

 

It's the hope that kills you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need someone with an eye for goal, where from I dont know?.. 

Was thinking Vydra maybe,  but apparently being on Leeds radar for £6m, silly money..  So we need to look at a prem player on loan or shop lower leagues and take a chance on some one. We certainly need a 20 goal a season striker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dexter Morgan said:

Not necessary, we have “Big Dave” who apparently is good enough in the championship for a team hoping to push for the playoffs 

Ballbag 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Jakes Grandad said:

We need someone with an eye for goal, where from I dont know?.. 

Was thinking Vydra maybe,  but apparently being on Leeds radar for £6m, silly money..  So we need to look at a prem player on loan or shop lower leagues and take a chance on some one. We certainly need a 20 goal a season striker


Fletcher is on target for 19.5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jakes Grandad said:

We need someone with an eye for goal, where from I dont know?.. 

Was thinking Vydra maybe,  but apparently being on Leeds radar for £6m, silly money..  So we need to look at a prem player on loan or shop lower leagues and take a chance on some one. We certainly need a 20 goal a season striker

 

£6m is the going rate for a L1 / Lower-end Championship striker, certainly not silly money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...