top striker needed in jan ???

2 minutes ago, torres said:

A bit of pace through the centre would be very nice 

we have that pace..

hopefully Monk will stick with this formula with the big lads up front taking care of the cbs and Harris, Murphy, Reach and occasionally Iorfa running at them.

2 things;

We need to bring a striker with pace in January to stretch teams up top. I expect that we will try and offload Winnall and Rhodes on loans or permanent.

Finally, it’s not just needing a striker with pace. We need to improve our decision making in the final third. This has been systematic of our season where we are not choosing the right option or our final ball is poor. Something that Garry Monk needs to work on. Maybe, he’s still looking to bring in James Beattie. 

Just now, Bouncing Owl said:

2 things;

Finally, it’s not just needing a striker with pace. We need to improve our decision making in the final third. This has been systematic of our season where we are not choosing the right option or our final ball is poor. Something that Garry Monk needs to work on. Maybe, he’s still looking to bring in James Beattie. 

certainly agree with the decision making...

Harris and his pass selection [or not as the case maybe] needs attention for him to be more effective..

2 minutes ago, torres said:

through the centre???

why not..

Harris looks better cutting in onto his right foot and Reach vice-versa.

we don’t need to get to the bye-line every time.

Dom had a great run through the middle today.

Would still have Rhodes on the bench everyday. When we are chasing a goal his runs panic defenders. Yes I know he isn't the same finisher he was but would still fancy him to get on the end of a cross over nuhiu. 

As for another striker. Absolutely essential. Every manager we've had has started with nuhiu and then eventually realised he isn't good enough or enough of a goal threat. 

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Don’t think we should get too carried with how effective our strike pairing was today. We’ve faced stronger U23 sides

Fletch is a match for any defender, Nuhiu a pain for any defender, more goals to come. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jrh said:

Would still have Rhodes on the bench everyday. When we are chasing a goal his runs panic defenders. Yes I know he isn't the same finisher he was but would still fancy him to get on the end of a cross over nuhiu. 

As for another striker. Absolutely essential. Every manager we've had has started with nuhiu and then eventually realised he isn't good enough or enough of a goal threat. 

Rhodes has the same pace as Nuhiu. The bloke panics no defenders. 

8 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

2 things;

We need to bring a striker with pace in January to stretch teams up top. I expect that we will try and offload Winnall and Rhodes on loans or permanent.

If you stand under under a tree its possible that one might fall out of it, that's the only way we will signing a striker. 

It's the hope that kills you.

We need someone with an eye for goal, where from I dont know?.. 

Was thinking Vydra maybe,  but apparently being on Leeds radar for £6m, silly money..  So we need to look at a prem player on loan or shop lower leagues and take a chance on some one. We certainly need a 20 goal a season striker

31 minutes ago, Jakes Grandad said:

Was thinking Vydra maybe,  but apparently being on Leeds radar for £6m, silly money..  So we need to look at a prem player on loan or shop lower leagues and take a chance on some one. We certainly need a 20 goal a season striker

Fletcher is on target for 19.5.

7 hours ago, Jakes Grandad said:

£6m is the going rate for a L1 / Lower-end Championship striker, certainly not silly money.