Jump to content
Lord Snooty

Man of the Match - Charlton (A)

Man of the Match  

470 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Dawson 6 nothing to do

Odubajo 5 poor for the goal again 

Iorfa 7

Lees 7

Fox 5 got absolutely rinsed by Leno. Don’t care what anyone says, he’s still pants

Harris 7 but only good on the left

Hutchinson 6

Bannan 8 huge hand in two goals 

Forestieri 6 would be higher but for that pathetic miss

Nuhiu 7 an extra for the goal

Fletcher 8

 

Murphy 7 very direct and won pen

Luongo 7 I really like him, excellent footballer 

Reach 7 excellent cross

 

A decent performance but we should have been clear we’ll before the 80th minute 

Fox 5 wtf. Moses scored at 5 to. Fox wS solid all game. Made only 1 slight mistake which was not costly. Fox positioning is getting better every game. Our players are getting more confident passing to him. Fox can cross the ball better than Harris all day long. It's about time people like you forget about the fox under jos and judge him on his actual performance not your opinion on whether he is a good player or not. 

Fox was easy a 6. I would give him a 7.

  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, torres said:

 

As at the game I thought Fox was really poor.

 

7 hours ago, torres said:

 

I think Fox has come on but, he’s gone from a 2 out of 10 to a 4 or 5 at the most. 
 

As I said, he looked extra poor today at the game. They booed him to start and he was that bad they gave up pretty 

 

 

I often find your posts quite entertaining, but I think in this thread you have just confirmed for me that, whilst you might attend most games, you have no idea what you are watching.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fox has been so much better in the last couple of months.

 

In fact, it's a compliment to him that we can say he was poor today because by doing so we're implicitly recognizing just how much his level of performance has improved.

 

He was poor today; but merely by the standards that he himself has set.

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both our FBs got a roasting today,but we had the extra striker and that made a huge difference as did FF,he drags the side foreward and makes things happen,skillwise hes a cut above the division,and when hes on song,hes a class act and that shone through today,yes he muffed a sitter,we muff em most weeks thats why were a champioship side,were not clinical,but at least today Fletcher had some support.

In fairness to chorlton,they had a horrendous injury list,but gave us a game,nice touch from Fletch at the pen,the keeper tried his best to shake him,but right under the refs nose,he got it back with interest and didnt like it,shot his gob off got booked,kharma *****!:duntmatter:

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Fox 5 wtf. Moses scored at 5 to. Fox wS solid all game. Made only 1 slight mistake which was not costly. Fox positioning is getting better every game. Our players are getting more confident passing to him. Fox can cross the ball better than Harris all day long. It's about time people like you forget about the fox under jos and judge him on his actual performance not your opinion on whether he is a good player or not. 

Fox was easy a 6. I would give him a 7.

I thought Fox was poor. Leko had the beating of him all game. Fox was scared to death of him running at him but fortunately he’s only 20 and doesn’t have a football brain yet. Moses played ok but his defending for their goal was appalling. And people like ‘you’ are allowed your opinions but shouldn’t be allowed to berate others opinions. I agree Fox has improved but he’s been pants in the last two games. His passing was woeful today. He can cross a ball though, I’ll give him that.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Dawson 6 nothing to do

Odubajo 5 poor for the goal again 

Iorfa 7

Lees 7

Fox 5 got absolutely rinsed by Leno. Don’t care what anyone says, he’s still pants

Harris 7 but only good on the left

Hutchinson 6

Bannan 8 huge hand in two goals 

Forestieri 6 would be higher but for that pathetic miss

Nuhiu 7 an extra for the goal

Fletcher 8

 

Murphy 7 very direct and won pen

Luongo 7 I really like him, excellent footballer 

Reach 7 excellent cross

 

A decent performance but we should have been clear we’ll before the 80th minute 

What? Hutchinson was terrible today, I give him no more than a 4. Fox was fine.

  • Disagree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bannan and Fletcher were great yesterday but I gave MOM to Fletch because of his reaction to their goalie after the penalty

 

We don’t see enough of this from our players

 

We need to be more aggressive to get what we want and stop getting bullied

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Drewswfc said:

Fox wasn't at his best today but he's probably the best crosser of the ball at the club which I would say is a decent offensive weapon 


He probably has the most opportunity to put a good cross in but more often than not fails 

 

Bannan is the only one in the team that puts a quality ball in the right area on a regular basis 

  • Like 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Steve Down South said:

 

I often find your posts quite entertaining, but I think in this thread you have just confirmed for me that, whilst you might attend most games, you have no idea what you are watching.


If you think Fox had a good game today then you didn’t go, didn’t watch it on telly, didn’t listen to it on the radio or are Mrs Fox 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, torres said:


If you think Fox had a good game today then you didn’t go, didn’t watch it on telly, didn’t listen to it on the radio or are Mrs Fox 

I thought he was pretty average in a very ordinary team performance against a poor side, but not as bad as you seem to think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dawson 7

Odubajo 6

Iorfa 7

Lees 7

Fox 6

Hutch 7

Bannan 9 MOM

Harris 7

Forrestieri 7

Fletcher 8 

Nuhiu 8

 

Best Bannan has played for a while. Forestieri makes a difference and has to play. Iorfa solid. Front two caused them all sorts of problems. 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

I thought he was pretty average in a very ordinary team performance against a poor side, but not as bad as you seem to think. 


Agreed on overall performance and maybe I’m being slightly over critical of Fox -partly due to this current nonsensical love in. 
 

Personally don’t think he’s that much different to what he ever was.

 

He wasn’t as bad as people thought when he got pelters and he’s nowhere near as good as people seem to think now.

 


 

 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope Odobajo and Fox are no more than benchfillers after January, we had a glimpse last season what a proper fullback looks like when we had Lazar, Fox has improved under Monk no doubt but is very limited but Odobajo is horrendous in every department, poor signing 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, torres said:


Agreed on overall performance and maybe I’m being slightly over critical of Fox -partly due to this current nonsensical love in. 
 

Personally don’t think he’s that much different to what he ever was.

 

He wasn’t as bad as people thought when he got pelters and he’s nowhere near as good as people seem to think now.

 


 

 

Fair comment - I don’t think we are blessed at full back on either side.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The general feeling seems to be - Mosus , not great at defending ,but offers more going forward, whilst fox is solid in defence but offers little going forward.

One point. They are DEFENDERS. That is their first role. As for the link up, that's the mid-fielder's role. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Then you use Fox accordingly, dependant on who we are playing......

You got Fox who can defend, but is lacking in attack, and you got Reach who is the opposite...You can't use both, cos you want either Harris or FF up front...

Ive never seen Fox put a cross in..like that one Reach put in today..not only the execution, but the timing of the run onto the pass...Fox hasn't got that skill...

Palmer at left back behind either Reach or FF I would suggest

I'd play Reach at left back. Good energy and great delivery

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dawson 6.5 - Not much to do, but great reactions to the Lee's dodgy back pass

Odubajo 5.5 Doesn't do much for, or he didn't yesterday

Iorfa 7 Good solid game, thought he got better the longer the game went on

Lees 7 Made some good tackles, good positioning, just sometimes switches off (i.e. the back pass)

Fox 6.5 When he plays to his strengths, he is a dependable full back. Can put a decent ball in when further forward, just think that there is sometimes a disconnect with his brain and foot when passing sometimes as he gave the ball away on around 5 occasions when in possession.

Harris 7 Not as fast as everyone keeps telling me, but running at defenders is what he is good at and the longer the game went on the better he got-unlucky not to score as well and I thought more a penalty when he was fouled than Murphy.

Hutchinson 6.5 Average game, could of been sent off, but that's Hutch, didn't do much wrong either though to be fair

Bannan 8.5 So much more effective going forward than constantly getting the ball 5 yards off Iorfa or Lees, Had a very good game today. 

Forestieri 6.5 Looked lively when on the pitch, his skill is never in question, not sure how he missed that chance, looked worse when watching later on telly than at the game!

Nuhiu 7.5 Has the pace of the Titanic trying to miss an iceberg! but I personally think he brings something to the side-unfortunately not always goals!! A quiet first half, but much better second. Play to his strengths and he is almost unplayable. He wears his heart on his sleeve and you can't say he doesn't give 100%

Fletcher 8.5 Not sure why he gets pelters on here sometimes as he is quite clearly a very intelligent player who will score goals if you provide him with the right ammunition. You can see that the likes of Fletcher and Bannan have played at a higher level.

 

Murphy 7 Thought we have the wrong twin, but was very good and direct when he came on (extra .5 for the penalty)

Luongo 6.5 Did well 

Reach 7 Poor mans Chris Waddle in reality, but quite clearly a talented footballer, just wish he would be more consistent (extra .5 for the cross)

 

Overall Team Performance 9/10 Pretty solid and more direct, I prefer two up top, Charlton pretty much scored through fluke and didn't create much else. Despite injuries, you can only beat what's in front of you so f## off Bowyer you Pork Sausage!!!

  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Dawson 7

Odubajo 6

Iorfa 7

Lees 7

Fox 6

Hutch 7

Bannan 9 MOM

Harris 7

Forrestieri 7

Fletcher 8 

Nuhiu 8

 

Best Bannan has played for a while. Forestieri makes a difference and has to play. Iorfa solid. Front two caused them all sorts of problems. 

You overate players generally but I’d agree with everything here apart from hop along forestieri . That guy is finished as a regular . 
 

funny how everyone reads the game differently , I thought Hutchinson was really good yesterday when many seemingly didn’t . I’m usually his biggest critic 

Edited by james o connor
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...