Bannan

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Never said it was now, did I?

In reply to a comment made specifically about Bannan's cross for our 1st goal you write this:

1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

You can have a poor half of football and do just one thing right. Happens often tbf.

Not sure what else you were referring to but feel free to back track. 

8 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

In reply to a comment made specifically about Bannan's cross for our 1st goal you write this:

Not sure what else you were referring to but feel free to back track. 

I said that you can have a poor half and just do one thing right. 

No mention of Bannan whatsoever?

2 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I said that you can have a poor half and just do one thing right. 

No mention of Bannan whatsoever?

In direct response to a quote about Bannan's assist.

But of course you were just saying you can have a bad half but do just 1 thing right - but this wasn't one of those instances right???????

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

In direct response to a quote about Bannan's assist.

But of course you were just saying you can have a bad half but do just 1 thing right - but this wasn't one of those instances right???????

It was in response to a guy saying because he sent up a goal, it means you can't have a poor half.

That's just bolllocks

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

It was in response to a guy saying because he sent up a goal, it means you can't have a poor half.

That's just bolllocks

You keep telling yourself that mate. I'm done arguing with you and your alternative view on almost every subject, its boring.

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

Bannan only has to have a 7/10 performance to have some fans on his back..Its unfair...He is consistently the best player we have...

Don't agree with this.

What he gives to this side, no one else does in the main - that's the killer ball.    I'll go even further, today he showed he was willing to track back and make interceptions too but that isn't always the case.

Bannan does have off games despite those wanting to blow smoke up his backside, but again so do almost all of our players so I will leave that comment there and not take it further - my main concern is that Bannan being on the pitch takes others out of the reckoning and turns us into almost a one trick pony sometimes, which absolutely makes us easier to defend against.

Bannan is not the problem, he's a brilliant little footballer, but my complaint is he is our only option sometimes which makes us easy to pick off, and he can be very predictable if the opposition single him out.

3 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

You saying that one good piece of play is enough to cancel out numerous poo ones?

Bolllocks

No. I'm saying that was not the only good thing he did in the half. The pundits and the majority on here gave him man of the match but as I say you like to be different just for arguments sake. Even if you didn't feel he was man of the match today, to say he produced numerous poo pieces of play and not much of note in the 1st half is bizarre. 

17 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

Yeah that was a rubbish cross for the first goal...moron

Well by your logic Reach was the man of the match then.

You can be poor for the majority of a half/game and do one piece of magic.  It doesn't mean you are absolved.  1 good thing does not completely undo 10 bad things. 

Just not bothered...

17 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Must have been at a different game. First half was ok against Brum, second half was at the heart of every attacking move.

Didn’t I read a stat during the game he’s top for chances created in the Championship? Says it all. 

He's 4th in the league for Key passes, behind John Swift, Isiah Brown and Alex Mowatt.

I'd also like to add that Reach is currently 9th in the league for assists. Despite being a bit off-colour. 

Some people on here know flipping nowt :duntmatter:

Both Bannan, and to a lesser extent, Forestieri, are wasted in a side that plays such basic football. Well perhaps not wasted, but we certainly don’t get the best out of them. They should give us an extra dimension, but too often we resort to lofting high balls into the box. 

1 hour ago, mattitheowl said:

Well by your logic Reach was the man of the match then.

You can be poor for the majority of a half/game and do one piece of magic.  It doesn't mean you are absolved.  1 good thing does not completely undo 10 bad things. 

But he wasn’t poor was he ? 
He was outstanding, 

17 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

No. I'm saying that was not the only good thing he did in the half. The pundits and the majority on here gave him man of the match but as I say you like to be different just for arguments sake. Even if you didn't feel he was man of the match today, to say he produced numerous poo pieces of play and not much of note in the 1st half is bizarre. 

I never said that though, did I?