What’s Monk doing taking FF off at HF??

Guest Willow Owl
34 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Compared to when Nuhiu, Fletcher, Rhodes or Winnall miss chances you think Forestieri gets more stick?! WTF:

Yep !!!!. Also a better player than all of above. Just my opinion

I thought we were mostly poor in the first half, but even so, I thought FF looked the most likely to produce something.

The team as whole was poor though and poor I thought not because of a negative set-up but because many of the individual performances of the players were poor. Bannan, Harris, and Nuhiu in particular were very poor when compared to their 2nd half showings. Their playing poor in the first half can't sensibly be related to FF's presence on the pitch; it's far more likely - because it's far more likely in general in football - that their improved 2nd half showing was down to whatever Monk had to say at half time.

We were better in the 2nd half because we very often are; nothing to do with Forestieri going off in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Yep !!!!. Also a better player than all of above. Just my opinion

Absolutely no way he gets more stick than most of those players.

I also agree he is a better player than the majority of them, has more ability than all of them but Fletcher is way beyond him in terms of effectiveness.

I was happy to see him on the team sheet today as I said his midweek display merited him deserving to get a start. He did more good than bad in the 1st half but missed a chance that others would get near crucified for. 

There must be a reason our last 4 managers have not shown full faith in a player that should be influencing most games when he is fit. 

Round and round we go

we were having the same conversations at least 2 years ago

its groundhog day with ff

like having a child with problems that you talk and talk about and nothing gets done..

im glad monk has handled him the way he has

maybe he will come good, i doubt it, but im beyond caring and would rather focus on the rest of the team

the singing his name the other night was a bit sad....sooooo desperate for him to be the player to fire us up

1 hour ago, Steelman said:

That's easily one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever seen on OT.

You've got to be on the wind up. Good work!

The difference between them wasn't as clear as night and day, but I would say Marco did more closing down and is naturally fitter then Nando, probably why he's ended up back in portugals top division

Matias.

34 games, 7 goals, 3 assists - 2018/19

14 games, 1 goal, 3 assists - 2017/18

Forestieri.

27 games, 6 goals, 1 assist - 2018/19

11 games, 5 goals, 1 assist - 2017/18

Edited by bigash_swfc