What’s Monk doing taking FF off at HF??

1 hour ago, We are all Wednesday said:

FF only one that can put in a good dead ball too. Also, Harris was much better on the right in the first half.

:wacko:

I thought that Harris was pretty poor in the first half, made too many poor decisions with his final ball.

IMO he improved massively in the second half when playing on the left and cutting inside.

Guest Grez Bez
2 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

'The breaks' as you call it would be not missing an absolute sitter that meant we didn't have a comfortable lead. He showed glimpses but some poor stuff as well, lost the ball in the midfield that led to Hutchinson getting booked when they broke from it and if anyone else misses that chance and we go in at half-time level then they would get hammered for it.

No footballer plays perfectly, every footballer has bad points even in their best games.

You can't pick up on individual errors, that's football!

10 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

No footballer plays perfectly, every footballer has bad points even in their best games.

True but when you are in the side to create and score goals and you miss a chance that you would expect a goal scorer at this level to score at least 9 times out of 10 then it will get highlighted unless it is not pivotal to the result.

The team was more effective in the 2nd half today otherwise that miss could have been pivotal to the result.

If we had drawn or lost that game and it had been say Nuhiu who missed that chance then it would have been the main focus.

Guest LittleG
8 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

If we had drawn or lost that game and it had been say Nuhiu who missed that chance then it would have been the main focus.

Whoever misses that chance in the circumstances you describe would have been the main focus, whether it be FF. Nuihu, Fletch, Harris, Reach or whoever.

3 minutes ago, LittleG said:

Whoever misses that chance in the circumstances you describe would have been the main focus, whether it be FF. Nuihu, Fletch, Harris, Reach or whoever.

You say that but many seem happy with his performance despite the fact he was the main reason we weren't winning the game when his contribution ended at half-time.

Guest LittleG
1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You say that but many seem happy with his performance despite the fact he was the main reason we weren't winning the game when his contribution ended at half-time.

I think it's worth noting that he's hardly played and his sharpness may not be totally there yet. Can't really blame him as the main reason we weren't winning at half time. Players miss chances in most matches, that's been our downfall all season.

36 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

I wish you would remind posters of that when Nuhiu misses a sitter. Fox let's a winger get a cross in, Westwood flaps at thin air, Palmer stands around with his head up his ar se. Because nobody seems to accept it when they ave bad 'points'.lol

Guest Willow Owl
1 minute ago, LittleG said:

I think it's worth noting that he's hardly played and his sharpness may not be totally there yet. Can't really blame him as the main reason we weren't winning at half time. Players miss chances in most matches, that's been our downfall all season.

Exactly, needs a run of games to get full match sharpness. I just wish fans would get behind him rather than look for any opportunity to slag him off. Anybody would think we had lost 3-1 

2 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Exactly, needs a run of games to get full match sharpness. I just wish fans would get behind him rather than look for any opportunity to slag him off. Anybody would think we had lost 3-1 

We won the game and I am delighted thanks to winning the 2nd half 2-0.......

He has clearly been sulking about not starting by the sounds of Bannan's comments this week. Missing that chance should not be excused by a lack of sharpness. 

Guest Willow Owl
1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

We won the game and I am delighted thanks to winning the 2nd half 2-0.......

He has clearly been sulking about not starting by the sounds of Bannan's comments this week. Missing that chance should not be excused by a lack of sharpness. 

No, we won the game 3-1 and every game is won, lost or drawn after 2 halves.Yep he did miss a sitter, but many other players have missed more sitters this season. Seems that when FF does it, it’s the end of the world. 

4 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

We did look better without him on the pitch.

And we'd have looked even better if we shipped him out and had Matias on that pitch today

We miss his willingness to run at defenders

That's easily one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever seen on OT.

You've got to be on the wind up. Good work!

Successive managers not seen fit to play him regularly.

Monk is no fool. 

He wants a winning unit.

FF doesn’t really fit that model unfortunately and hasn’t produced in any meaningful way for years now. 

Whether that’s through injury, suspensions or attitude, it’s not a surprise he’s not in the first 11 on a regular basis.

No manager in his right mind can build a team around players with those problems.

And surprise, surprise he’s injured again. 

He won’t be here next season. 

11 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

No, we won the game 3-1 and every game is won, lost or drawn after 2 halves.Yep he did miss a sitter, but many other players have missed more sitters this season. Seems that when FF does it, it’s the end of the world. 

Compared to when Nuhiu, Fletcher, Rhodes or Winnall miss chances you think Forestieri gets more stick?! WTF:

4 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

'The breaks' as you call it would be not missing an absolute sitter that meant we didn't have a comfortable lead. He showed glimpses but some poor stuff as well, lost the ball in the midfield that led to Hutchinson getting booked when they broke from it and if anyone else misses that chance and we go in at half-time level then they would get hammered for it.

I'm not in the FF fan club He wouldn't have pulled a Wednesday shirt on again after the Norwich incident for me.

But I give credit where it's due. I look at the overall performance not just an individual error.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lanzaroteowl said:

I'm not in the FF fan club He wouldn't have pulled a Wednesday shirt on again after the Norwich incident for me.

But I give credit where it's due. I look at the overall performance not just an individual error.

Fair enough. I agree his all round game in the first half was encouraging on the whole but that miss cannot be ignored and it was proving costly at the time. As it was we performed more effectively without him 2nd half.