Jump to content

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, NeonLeon said:

I’d rather have Joao

The same , talented , but rarely effective and always injured. We sold the one that was worth money , 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, A12owl said:

Sorry but I disagree.

Who else has had more than one good season in the last 4?

 

 

Reach

Lees

Bannan

Westwood

Arguably Fletcher as well.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, McRightSide said:


Here’s the problem...

 

We’re bereft of attacking creativity, he’s potentially our best attacking player, he’s under contract.

 

Why give up on him?

I think he has given up on us.

 

People might make comparisons with di canio, but FF is not fit to lace his boots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, A12owl said:

To a certain extent i agree.Two completely different backgrounds and nationalities. Not everybody behaves the same. Both are passionate but show it in different ways. 

Argentinian/Italian is not for a cool calm demeanour .

 

Hi Fernando...

Enjoy you're christmas off...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Again lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Steve Down South said:

I know this is comment is well intended, but it really is time to move on.  A very entertaining player on his day, but that’s history now.  

Thanks for being sensible with your reply. All the pundits on tv say that on his day he is the best in the championship. Who and how much is an equivalent replacement going to cost? We might just have to persevere as if we cannot spend any money.

Edited by A12owl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mrs Blenkinsops shed said:

Hi Fernando...

Enjoy you're christmas off...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Again lol

Thanks.lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, A12owl said:

All the pundits on tv say that on his day he is the best in the championship. Who and how much is an equivalent replacement going to cost? We might just have to persevere as if we cannot spend any money.

... and maybe 3 years ago they might have been right, but not any more.  I used to love watching Forestieri, not so much now and can’t imagine him being here next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Steve Down South said:

... and maybe 3 years ago they might have been right, but not any more.  I used to love watching Forestieri, not so much now and can’t imagine him being here next season.

On his perfermance yesterday apart from the miss, what did he do wrong and who else has shown the same energy recently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, A12owl said:

On his perfermance yesterday apart from the miss, what did he do wrong and who else has shown the same energy recently.

Well apart from the miss, I thought he did ok, but not the attacking threat he used to be.  He deserved to start after his impact against Birmingham, but I suspect that’s him done now until the new year, and there is no way I would be offering him a new contract. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, gizowl said:

All the Get shut brigade should be careful what they wish for, the days of big spend are gone, freebies and loans for the foreseeable.

Good. Should force us into an actual sustainable transfer policy instead of the random sign anyone in any position approach of the last few years. It may also force us into selling some players like every other club does.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 83owl said:

Good. Should force us into an actual sustainable transfer policy instead of the random sign anyone in any position approach of the last few years. It may also force us into selling some players like every other club does.

With the exception of big Dom,who else has any transfer value. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, gizowl said:

All the Get shut brigade should be careful what they wish for, the days of big spend are gone, freebies and loans for the foreseeable.

 

Getting shut of someone who aint done jack poo in 2 years, is constantly either injured, banned or trying to get his head in the right place, who aint doing enough in training and who is most likely on 30-40 grand a week is something that this club needs to do.

 

But lets keep him because he has a model of Hillsborough in his house....:duntmatter:

 

Ive no idea what he is like, i dont know him, he might be a top bloke. I would love him to play next week ( oh he cant, he is injured again) bang in 2 goals, run to the fans and see him smile like he did 3 years ago..... it aint happening. Folks need to get real, he wants a move IMO and we need him off the wage bill. With some good scouting, we could find 2 or 3 young, fast hungry players for the wages we pay FF.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, gizowl said:

With the exception of big Dom,who else has any transfer value. 

 

Bannan

Fox... yes he does!!

Lees

Harris

Atty

Winnall

Dawson

Palmer

 

We could even get a fiver for Rhodes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bulgaria said:

We could even get a fiver for Rhodes!

 

Sorry, i take that back.

Ridiculous comment.......He aint worth that much.

 

 

Only joking Jordan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, gizowl said:

With the exception of big Dom,who else has any transfer value. 

You wouldn’t think we would get so much for joao but we did. My point is we need to start selling players when they have peak value. We missed the boat with FF and possibly with reach as well, we have to learn our lessons if we are to progress because the approach we have had isn’t working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

With some good scouting, we could find 2 or 3 young, fast hungry players for the wages we pay FF.

 

 

 

 

Do you honestly think any kid that's any good isn't already on the books of Chelski, Man Ure, Man City or the Scousers or some other premier side?

Regardless of the quality? of our scouts the best youngsters will be taken by teams which are light years in front of us on youth development.

I say that with regret not cynicism. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 83owl said:

You wouldn’t think we would get so much for joao but we did. My point is we need to start selling players when they have peak value. We missed the boat with FF and possibly with reach as well, we have to learn our lessons if we are to progress because the approach we have had isn’t working.

How can you progress if you keep selling your best players? You will put money in your bank but won't get promoted. 

Brentford are a classic example. Buy a cheap youngster with potential then sell on for a lot of dosh and get nowhere. 

It's either money in the bank or keep your best players chuck a load of cash and hope and pray for promotion. When you've been in the Prem  then you should be financially sound for a good few years with decent financial management.

Which would you prefer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

 

Bannan

Fox... yes he does!!

Lees

Harris

Atty

Winnall

Dawson

Palmer

 

We could even get a fiver for Rhodes!

Think you need a reality check, none of the above players are premiership quality, no one in the championship will pay them what we do and pay a fee as well . When we signed Winnall we tripled his wages, do you think Barnsley would have him back on those wages even if they wanted him. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Do you honestly think any kid that's any good isn't already on the books of Chelski, Man Ure, Man City or the Scousers or some other premier side?

Regardless of the quality? of our scouts the best youngsters will be taken by teams which are light years in front of us on youth development.

I say that with regret not cynicism. 

 

Check out Brentford and Peterborough youngsters and recruiting history.  They dont seem to have any trouble finding what i suggest. It is possible, if you look hard enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gizowl said:

Think you need a reality check, none of the above players are premiership quality, no one in the championship will pay them what we do and pay a fee as well . When we signed Winnall we tripled his wages, do you think Barnsley would have him back on those wages even if they wanted him. LOL

 

You asked for players with transfer value, who said anything about Premiership quality?

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...