Fox... yes he does!!

Lees

Harris

Atty

Winnall

Dawson

Palmer

We could even get a fiver for Rhodes!

Think you need a reality check, none of the above players are premiership quality, no one in the championship will pay them what we do and pay a fee as well . When we signed Winnall we tripled his wages, do you think Barnsley would have him back on those wages even if they wanted him. LOL

Guest Bulgaria
6 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Do you honestly think any kid that's any good isn't already on the books of Chelski, Man Ure, Man City or the Scousers or some other premier side?

Regardless of the quality? of our scouts the best youngsters will be taken by teams which are light years in front of us on youth development.

I say that with regret not cynicism. 

Check out Brentford and Peterborough youngsters and recruiting history.  They dont seem to have any trouble finding what i suggest. It is possible, if you look hard enough.

Guest Bulgaria
Just now, gizowl said:

Think you need a reality check, none of the above players are premiership quality, no one in the championship will pay them what we do and pay a fee as well . When we signed Winnall we tripled his wages, do you think Barnsley would have him back on those wages even if they wanted him. LOL

You asked for players with transfer value, who said anything about Premiership quality?

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest LittleG
22 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Getting shut of someone who aint done jack poo in 2 years, is constantly either injured, banned or trying to get his head in the right place, who aint doing enough in training and who is most likely on 30-40 grand a week is something that this club needs to do.

But lets keep him because he has a model of Hillsborough in his house....:duntmatter:

Ive no idea what he is like, i dont know him, he might be a top bloke. I would love him to play next week ( oh he cant, he is injured again) bang in 2 goals, run to the fans and see him smile like he did 3 years ago..... it aint happening. Folks need to get real, he wants a move IMO and we need him off the wage bill. With some good scouting, we could find 2 or 3 young, fast hungry players for the wages we pay FF.

It has to be said that I am a fan of FF and he is probably the one player that can get fans off their seats, even the Werther suckers in the south. Unfortunately after what BB said the other day (maybe as a spokesperson?) I think it's got to the stage where even the other players may not.want him around the club. This may be why some people have stated that he doesn't celebrate with other players when we score; although I'm sure he'd make an exception with Nuihu. It's pure speculation on my part but could be something in it. 

1 minute ago, Bulgaria said:

You asked for players with transfer value, who said anything about Premiership quality?

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Read and understand the the article. 

1 minute ago, LittleG said:

It has to be said that I am a fan of FF and he is probably the one player that can get fans off their seats, even the Werther suckers in the south. Unfortunately after what BB said the other day (maybe as a spokesperson?) I think it's got to the stage where even the other players may not.want him around the club. This may be why some people have stated that he doesn't celebrate with other players when we score; although I'm sure he'd make an exception with Nuihu. It's pure speculation on my part but could be something in it. 

Think Bannan was out of order with any internal matters leaked to the press if this is the case.

Guest LittleG
1 minute ago, gizowl said:

Think Bannan was out of order with any internal matters leaked to the press if this is the case.

Like i said it's pure speculation but it's extremely  unusual  for a player to criticise a team mates attitude in training.

1 minute ago, Bulgaria said:

Not arguing with you.

Lets agree to disagree.

Just saying the time for getting a substantial fee for the players you listed has gone.

Guest Bulgaria
1 minute ago, A12owl said:

You are absolutely right. No argument. See my other post 're Brentford.

Both clubs not exactly world beaters?

Not been in prem. 

Indeed, but neither are facing a points deduction, have players earning wages that make your eyes bleed are under a transfer ban ( or have been, who really knows!) and regards the premiership....... Meh.

Guest Bulgaria
Just now, gizowl said:

Just saying the time for getting a substantial fee for the players you listed has gone.

If Tom Lees was up for sale, i reckon we would get 3-5 million..... agree?

I could go on..

18 minutes ago, A12owl said:

How can you progress if you keep selling your best players? You will put money in your bank but won't get promoted. 

Brentford are a classic example. Buy a cheap youngster with potential then sell on for a lot of dosh and get nowhere. 

It's either money in the bank or keep your best players chuck a load of cash and hope and pray for promotion. When you've been in the Prem  then you should be financially sound for a good few years with decent financial management.

Which would you prefer?

Liverpool have consistently sold their best players in recent times. European champions and running away with the premier league.

27 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Do you honestly think any kid that's any good isn't already on the books of Chelski, Man Ure, Man City or the Scousers or some other premier side?

Regardless of the quality? of our scouts the best youngsters will be taken by teams which are light years in front of us on youth development.

I say that with regret not cynicism. 

These clubs also release a lot of young players who won’t cut it at an elite club but could be world beaters in the championship. 

Edited by Yellowbelly

15 minutes ago, A12owl said:

How can you progress if you keep selling your best players? You will put money in your bank but won't get promoted. 

Brentford are a classic example. Buy a cheap youngster with potential then sell on for a lot of dosh and get nowhere. 

It's either money in the bank or keep your best players chuck a load of cash and hope and pray for promotion. When you've been in the Prem  then you should be financially sound for a good few years with decent financial management.

Which would you prefer?

Pigs sold their best player, Brookes and got promoted.

Norwich sold their best player, Maddison and got promoted. 

If we have any semblance of intelligence we absolutely have to sell our best players to be sustainable within FFP.

We have already got smarter with transfers.

Borner, Luongo and Harris are good examples from the summer. 

I’d happily sell any player for the right money rather than live in a fantasy world. 

I think Chansiri has realised this. 

We can sell players and prosper - it’s just needs the right recruitment and for once this summer was very successful. 

Just now, 83owl said:

Liverpool have consistently sold their best players in recent times. European champions and running away with the premier league.

its not selling our best players over last 2-3 years what has caused the financial mess , we didn't need to sell reach,forestieri ,lees etc . what we didn't need was Rhodes 8-9 million fee and 8 million wages on top . along with a complete mess getting the likes of abdi,jones urby, the list is endless . every club makes mistakes buying players we mad 10 times what nearly every other club did.  I said at the time Rhodes was a mistake as 16-17 million was a huge investment for a club like ours with that player already 18 months past his best before we got him ,its 4-5 years since he has done anything now. 

4 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

If Tom Lees was up for sale, i reckon we would get 3-5 million..... agree?

I could go on..

Sorry mate, I don't think he is worth that now, there was strong rumours 3yrs ago a premiership club had offered 7mill  in hindsight that was the time to sell,I don't think any premier club would deem him good enough now. And I don't think any championship club would pay anything like that for him plus his hefty salary. 

if we did sell our best players 2-3 years ago what kind of players 2-3 years ago would have been signed in place? with our joke recruitment at the time from the clowns reign . its only since steve bruce fetched in proper people last January that out recruitment has improved massively with a much smaller budget too . think what we could have done and signed if we had these people/head scouts 4-5 years ago with 100 million plus of contracts and transfer fees been handed out . hopefully we will get enough points this season and retain our championship position and we can move forward ,as most of our layabouts who got between 25-40 k a week have already left or will this summer.  I think we can easily shave 10 million off wages a season and have better players . losing the likes of hooper 30k a wk,jones 25-30wk abdi 30k a week our wage must surely have dropped at lest 5 million a season already , im sure our new players are on less than half of those wage figures. 

3 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Sorry mate, I don't think he is worth that now, there was strong rumours 3yrs ago a premiership club had offered 7mill  in hindsight that was the time to sell,I don't think any premier club would deem him good enough now. And I don't think any championship club would pay anything like that for him plus his hefty salary. 

agree. also he does tend to pick up an injury a season keeping him out for 2 months 

14 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Thing is, this incident happened nearly 3 and a half years ago now but people just won’t let it drop. We don’t know for sure what happened in the build up to it but would imagine it was as follows:

We sign Fletcher on significantly more money than any of our other players are on at the time.

FF isn’t happy, he’s the best player at the club, not sure anyone would doubt after 2015-16 at the time, and he feels like he deserves to be on comparative terms to Fletcher. (Doesn’t seem unreasonable to me).

Probably then asks for a wage rise first off which falls on deaf ears. Knows that the likes of Newcastle and Derby are interested and potentially going to come in with 8 figure bids.

When no new contract is forthcoming, decides to take matters into his own hands by being awkward about travelling to Norwich. Knows it will force the club to either sell, and he gets his wage rise, or they will offer a new contract, and he gets his wage rise. Third option would have been to leave him and let him rot in the U23s on principle... but why would any club do that when you have an 8 figure asset

I don’t blame him for doing what he did, he was acting in his own best interests. Blame the club for paying Fletcher over the odds, or for not standing their ground and cashing in.

Obviously in hindsight we should have cashed in. But at the time we genuinely thought we’d go for automatic promotion that year and selling him would have made that less likely and people would have been unhappy. Club can’t win.

The only thing that matters now is what can he offer us. Is he better than our other options.. the answer is categorically yes. He brings way more to the team than any of the other wide forwards or wingers in the squad. It’s no coincidence he starts on the left and we win (I know it was 1-1 when he went off and he missed a sitter, but we were so dominant today)

Whilst I know you are probably right with your analysis, all you are really saying is he's a mercenary who will hold a club to ransom if he doesn't get his own way.

This mentality generally in the sport is killing the game.

In any other profession you'd get disciplined or sacked for refusing to work. 

But because these are footballers somehow hard working fans give them a pass, but only after hoovering up our hard earned cash.